Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Sports>So what's the line on Farve retiring for good mid-season?
357 02:19 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Zens7s:
A banana, a snorkel, and a baked potato.

Which, true and strange story, is also the same answer I once gave Jim McMahon when asked what I was wearing.:-)
You can't throw out a story teaser like that then go back to talking football.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:42 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
I really don't think our O-line is that far off. We need Loadholt to pick up his game. He's not bad, but needs to get better. Sullivan back at center will help, and the left side of the line is fine, I think.
We can't stop a simple pass rush, let alone a blitz. Every time Favre drops back to pass he gets mugged. It's been that way since the end of last season.
Originally Posted by :
DB's again I agree, health is the issue. Cook looked terrible against the packers. His replacement, Walker, looked serviceable.
Admittedly, Walker looked better than he did against the Cowboys. But mainly it seems to be Winfield and Williams making plays. We never should have let Sharper go.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Zens7s 03:51 PM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
You can't throw out a story teaser like that then go back to talking football.
Lol. Jim McMahon and I have a close mutual friend that used to live here in Ft. Worth. Two years ago on Valentines Day he was in town for the Davey O'Brien awards and I was late getting to the restaurant to meet the group. They decided it would be fun, after many cocktails, to prank call me and have Jim ask me "So what ya wearing?" For some inexplicable reason my first answer was "a banana, a snorkel, and a baked potato." I managed to make him totally speechless for about five seconds, which for him may be a record. :-)
[Reply]
357 06:50 AM 10-27-2010
Lol. Jim McMahon and I have a close mutual friend that used to live here in Ft. Worth. Two years ago on Valentines Day he was in town for the Davey O'Brien awards and I was late getting to the restaurant to meet the group. They decided it would be fun, after many cocktails, to prank call me and have Jim ask me "So what ya wearing?" For some inexplicable reason my first answer was "a banana, a snorkel, and a baked potato." I managed to make him totally speechless for about five seconds, which for him may be a record. :-)
That IS a great story.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:21 AM 10-27-2010
A banana, a snorkel, and a baked potato.

Which, true and strange story, is also the same answer I once gave Jim McMahon when asked what I was wearing.:-)

Speaking of broken up QB's that Giants Defense has been eating em up lately like a Fat Kid at a pizza buffet. Tony Romo went down screaming for a new clavicle last night too. They took out my QB and my backup QB (Bears) a few weeks back too. GIANTS HUNGRRRRRYYYYYY.... :-)
I'm afraid to ask where I'm supposed to put the banana........:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Wanger 07:30 AM 10-27-2010
LMAO! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 07:29 AM 11-23-2010
Those odds have to be even money at best now.

I would think Frazier would ask him to go so he can a serious look at Jackson at QB.

With all the lockout talk with teams unlikely to drop big money on a new head coach, it seems likely that Frazier will have a good shot of getting the job for next year too as it just makes good business sense to cut ties with Farve now.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:53 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Those odds have to be even money at best now.

I would think Frazier would ask him to go so he can a serious look at Jackson at QB.

With all the lockout talk with teams unlikely to drop big money on a new head coach, it seems likely that Frazier will have a good shot of getting the job for next year too as it just makes good business sense to cut ties with Farve now.
Frazier was going to be hired as a head coach next year, somewhere. I'm glad that we have a good chance at keeping him here. :-)

As for Favrevarvervarevraveare...well, he'll keep starting, but I don't know that he'll play the entire game, every game. He may be given token starts with Jackson seeing significant time. Honestly, that depends on how they come out the next game or 2, and the results of those games.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:12 AM 11-23-2010
Farve will keep playing as long as teams will pay for him. Do you blame him? Heck, he could be a back up QB and play 5-7 more years no problem.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:17 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by :
So what's the line on Farve retiring for good mid-season?
I will see your "who cares", and raise you an "I don't give a ****". :-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:18 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I will see your "who cares", and raise you an "I don't give a ****". :-) :-)
:-)

I think he should keep playing. The more he plays the more wins the other teams will get.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:41 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:

I think he should keep playing. The more he plays the more wins the other teams will get.
Wish he hadn't played against the Packers Sunday. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:46 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wish he hadn't played against the Packers Sunday. :-)
Well, the Packers blew out the Cowboys. Bye bye Wade.

Then the Vikings. See you, Brad.

Next up, Lovie????

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:48 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:

Next up, Lovie????

Nah, Lovie has won just enough games this year not to get the boot:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:51 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:

Next up, Lovie????

We shall see...I don't have enough confidence in the Bears to trash talk, Tim...but I ain't counting them out, either. :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 11:05 AM 11-23-2010
Marvin Lewis needs to go (but I have been saying that for at least 3 years now).
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up