Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Most powerful cigar you ever smoked?
stevefrench 03:08 PM 11-03-2008
I smoked a 1998 PUNCH Double Corona a couple years ago that made my knees buckle. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:06 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
Once, we were herfing at my buddy's house with several of the usual smoking gang over and I had just gotten through making fun of a friend of mine who had smoked an Oliva Series O and started getting green-faced. I was bragging about how tough I was and how many full-bodied sticks I could smoke consecutively. I had not yet eaten that evening, and on an empty stomach, smoked both a LFD DL 700 and an Oliva Series V Figurado. I stood up from my comfortable spot on the vintage sofa, tried to steady myself as my head began spinning, and made a mad dash for the bathroom where all hell broke loose. First and only time, my friends, and never again will I stick my foot in my mouth like that! haha

Jason
The Oliva O fooled me!!! It looks so harmless!!! I had just put the baby down for a nap. Power smoked an Oliva O and could barely stand up or function!!!
[Reply]
ripper 04:08 PM 11-03-2008
The old Maria Mancini brand from J-R in pre-outlet store days, when J-R was just a Mom & Pop shop in New York. A powerhouse - I was seeing monkeys playing saxophones.
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:24 PM 01-08-2009
I'm putting the CAO LX2 on my list!!!:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 04:29 PM 01-08-2009
1 year old Opus X (#4 i think?) made me toss on my birthday this year, but there was a large some of tequila involved so I don't think it's fair to judge.

The JdN Antano hands my ass to me every time though.
[Reply]
MithShrike 04:29 PM 01-08-2009
Huh... I thought the El Cobre was a medium smoke in strength. Really tasty though.

Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
As you may have read, last October I got to smoke two El Cobre by Oliva cigars, a torpedo and a robusto. The El Cobre is a very heavy cigar, nicknamed ‘the lobotomizer’ and ‘el muerto fuerte’ and till this month only available at Brian Shapiro’s shop but now Non Plus Ultra in Den Bosch will start selling them too. As the torpedo’s were not available, I ordered a bundle of toro’s. When I got them last Thursday I thought that there was a mix up, as there toro’s look more like coronas to me with the 152mm length and ring 46.

The El Cobre cigars have a very nice appearance, dark wrapper and a sophisticated black and copper band. The wrapper has some nice veins which give it a strong and rough look, the aroma is heavy and full but the cigar does feel a bit hard, rolled to tight and that causes the predraw to be kind of heavy. The cigar was a bit dry though, so hopefully it will improve if I let them rest for a while in my humidor. The predraw gave a black pepper flavor.

The pepper is also clearly there when I light the cigar. It’s like being kicked in the balls, this cigar is heavy, very heavy. There was a piece of paper at the bottom of the bundle warning me, it said “super fuerte” but I thought I was a big boy, until I lit the cigar, damn, what a power. To the palate again, heavy black pepper with leather and after a couple of centimeters a few hints of dark chocolate. The pepper is so strong it completely overpowers the chocolate and all other flavors, if there were any. I do notice that the pepper is not really consistent, with some puffs the pepper is stronger then with the next puff or the puff before, sometimes is heavier and spicier then the other time.

At about ¾ of the cigar I start to feel light headed, like I drank too much wine in a short period of time. This cigar is beating me, it’s too strong for me. I felt like Michael Spinks in a fight with Mike Tyson (Spinks was the reigning champion in the light heavyweight champion who had the idea that he could beat Tyson back in 1988, “the fight of the champions” lasted 91 seconds). I try to take control and keep on smoking, but like a fish on a line, I know I will lose the fight anyway. This cigar got me and it got me good.

The draw is heavy, maybe because the cigar is too dry. The smoke is white, but it could be fuller and the burn is pretty and straight. The ash is fantastic, strong and firm. It breaks only once.

[Reply]
Mr B 04:43 PM 01-08-2009
Dont really catch a buzz from any but a couple have made me fell like pukeing.
9 am, on the lake. Nothing in the tummy but coffee and I had a Camacho Negro my buddy gave me. I did'nt like it and it did'nt like me.
The second one was a NUB Habano on a pretty empty stomach. got the queezies at work after my NUB lunch.
[Reply]
M1903A1 04:55 PM 01-08-2009
An '05 RyJ Cazadores, gifted by Icehog, that I smoked two Novembers ago.

I'd had a full dinner beforehand, so I didn't get sick, but I was so high I'm surprised I didn't hear from air traffic control....
[Reply]
karmaz00 05:03 PM 01-08-2009
JDN antano beli...packs a punch
[Reply]
SilverFox 05:17 PM 01-08-2009
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel- completely knocked me on my ass. In truth the only time I have ever been completely beat down by a cigar. It is the one and only one I will ever smoke. Evil does not begin to describe it. I have smoked 8 cigars back to back and never had this issue.
[Reply]
Nimbus 05:19 PM 01-08-2009
A fresh Opus X gifted to me at a herf. Almost made me :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 05:21 PM 01-08-2009
I one jumped into a Jacuzzi with a Camacho hanging out of my mouth. That was the last time i smoked a cigar in a Jacuzzi. I had a dizzy spinny headache for two days.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 05:35 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
I'd have to say a Che custom rolled.
Well I'll make sure and avoid that one. Shouldn't be too hard. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:38 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Evil does not begin to describe it.
:-):-) I love it :-):-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 05:43 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel- completely knocked me on my ass. In truth the only time I have ever been completely beat down by a cigar. It is the one and only one I will ever smoke. Evil does not begin to describe it. I have smoked 8 cigars back to back and never had this issue.
Hmm... me thinks you should revisit this one. Of course, I've only had the chiselitos, but the chisels can't be too much stronger. I'm voting that time you were a victim of circumstance.
[Reply]
shadow king 03:44 AM 03-18-2009
Hmmm never had any of the above mentioned cigars. Been smoking cigars for 6 years now and only twice has a cigar kicked my ass. When I first started smoking cigars, I did a few blind buys and had gotten a Partigas Black label sampler. My 2nd cigar I ever smoked was the PB Bravo. I just picked it randomly out of my new humi...big mistake. Halfway thru I was so dizzy I thought I was gonna pass out.

Fast forward 4 years...by now I was pretty keen on what I liked and disliked. Bought a bundle of Gurkha Centurian XX's. It came with a really cool Gurkha knife (I confess thats the only reason I bought this cigar) It started out really mellow, about halfway thru I hit the fat spot and it was really creamy, then BAM. Was super dizzy, reminded me of the Partigas Black but something felt different. Then I realized I about to chum the waters. I never had a harder time trying to get to the bathroom. I gave one of these cigars to a friend who was a regular cigg smoker. I told him of my misfoutunes and he said it was the smoothest cigar he'd ever smoked.... to each his own I guess.
[Reply]
Tredegar 05:48 AM 03-18-2009
Only twice has a cigar beat me down. The first time was when I had a Esteban Carrera Churchill. But I attribute this to the tar oozing out of the head of the cigar after about 10 minutes. After the tar appeared it was unsmokeable. But it did knock me on my butt, if nothing else, from all the nicotine in the tar.

The other one was a Gurkha Special Edition Black Puro. Just for giggles I picked up a couple of singles from the devil site. This past weekend I decided to try one. The cigar was nice. It was smooth all the way throughout and picked up a little bit of spice towards the end. The flavor other than that was a bit monotone, but still enjoyable. IT didn't hit me until I was done. I needed to lay down for a while. My heart was racing and it took an hour or two for everything to settle down.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:15 AM 03-18-2009
Camacho Triple Maduro with no lunch - kicked my butt hard one day!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:18 AM 03-18-2009
Early 90's Quintero!
[Reply]
e-man67 06:52 AM 03-18-2009
Don Lino Africa...bought a 5vr, puked after smoking the first one, got green sick on the next 2 (even after letting them season for 6 months in the hum), gave one to the neighbor and one to a forum member. Yuk! :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
« First < 345 67 > Last »
Up