Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 67
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Da Klugs 12:23 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Wow.
The day has come.
I was wondering when CA would exceed the other one on any given day.

Congrats to CA, the mods and all the members making it a new home.
That day was October 14th, 2008. :-)

I have a theory.. it's all about Tom.

Posts per month "There". Statistics from the wayback machine from the beginning and publically available information since October of last year.

Sometimes the truth is much more hurtful than any harsh words could cut. I think if it was ever litigated.. in truth the "largest" claim is in fact the left to right pixel width of the site.
Jbailey 12:30 PM 01-27-2009
Love that picture Dave!
rizzle 12:54 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Stogieboy:
It is interesting to watch the numbers. Sad as it may be.
Currently In The Ocean: : 162 (92 Puffer Fish and 70 Lurking Puffer Fish Wanna Be's)
Originally Posted by poker:
Currently here:

Currently Active Users: 169 (147 inmates and 22 visitors)
Wow. That didn't take long did it.
DrDubzz 01:14 PM 01-27-2009
bout what, 3 months?
rack04 01:18 PM 01-27-2009
Isn't it ironic that all my pvff.com notifications are now go directly to my email spam? Never had a problem with Club Stogie or Cigar Asylum.
No1der 01:35 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Stogieboy:
It is interesting to watch the numbers. Sad as it may be.
Currently In The Ocean: : 162 (92 Puffer Fish and 70 Lurking Puffer Fish Wanna Be's)
Originally Posted by poker:
Currently here:

Currently Active Users: 169 (147 inmates and 22 visitors)
Oh Snap.

Just keep in mind how much buying up CS and whatever other sites he bought cost him. Add that to the new domain, co-location and traffic fees. Factor in the graphic design company, or whomever he hired to design the look of the site and possibly someone with some site design and VB knowledge to set the place up.

Now subtract the money that unhappy advertisers will cost him when they pull their adverts from his site.

Factor in the state of the economy along with the slump in cigar sales that the economic climate has caused.

We need to also consider that puff is now less active then the brand new CA website is.

Do all the math and you're looking at "the Perfect Storm" that will result in the destruction of puff.

This "perfect storm" could be survived if the owner/admin knows how to run an online community but we all know, based on his actions thus far, that Jon is doing everything wrong.

So basically the Asshat is going to be hurting financially. One thing that we also must remember is that since puff is also a new website composed of several other websites stitched together under one banner, his Alexa rating is not nearly as good as CS or the other boards so that's not a selling point he can make to advertisers.

This is what is known as a footbullet.

Puff having an "ocean" theme is very appropriate as his ship is taking on water and will be at the bottom of the sea sooner or later. Most likely sooner.

Jon, if you're reading this, you Fugu'ed up bad and this little stunt is going to cost you a fortune. So if I were you I wouldn't count on rubbing shoulders with Rocky Patel or any other famous cigar producer.

No shoes, no shirts, no dice.

Cheers,
Rob
King James 01:45 PM 01-27-2009
But according to him Rocky and all other manufacturers are reading all our reviews over there....

lol
Blueface 01:48 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
But according to him Rocky and all other manufacturers are reading all our reviews over there....

lol
Well, we will just have to ask Rocky ourselves on 2/14.:-)
No1der 01:55 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by King James:

lol
lulz, According to him he's showing us the right way to run a cigar forum like a business.

He is accomplishing this by banning the most respected members of CS. :-)

Cheers,
Rob
King James 01:58 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Well, we will just have to ask Rocky ourselves on 2/14.:-)
Please do.....although I'm sure he is already in correspondence with Jon.

Why wouldn't he want to talk with the head honcho of the "largest cigar community on the web"?
shilala 02:05 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
That day was October 14th, 2008. :-)

I have a theory.. it's all about Tom.

Posts per month "There". Statistics from the wayback machine from the beginning and publically available information since October of last year.

Sometimes the truth is much more hurtful than any harsh words could cut.
That's some serious funny, right there. :-) :-) :-)
Maybe CA should tie up the rights to the IceHog. hehehe
Da Klugs 02:11 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
We have his heart wrapped around 1500 of us. He's not going anywhere. :-)
macpappy 02:17 PM 01-27-2009
I can see it now........(day dream state of mind)

Hiya Rocky! Man you make some good cigars. Me and the guys on Cigar Asylum talk about how good they are all the time.

What? Puff.com? Oh! That place! Nah. We don't go there anymore. All the good people who were members of Club Stogie left there after what'shisname ran the place into garbage.

You should visit Cigar Asylum. It doesn't cost manufacturers to be members...
replicant_argent 02:23 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Nah, if the Hog ever ends up missing, we just put his ugly mug on the back of a Stoli bottle. He will be found in a very short time.
shilala 02:32 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
We have his heart wrapped around 1500 of us. He's not going anywhere. :-)
I just wanna give the big old postwhoring lug a hug. :-)

Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Nah, if the Hog ever ends up missing, we just put his ugly mug on the back of a Stoli bottle. He will be found in a very short time.
:-) :-) :-)
piperman 02:54 PM 01-27-2009
Everyone ought to go over there a ding JC ring gauge, I cant see how he got it so high, Oh that's right he OWNS it probably just but in a random number. I have never seen so many lock threads and now he is locking old ones.
chippewastud79 02:58 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
Everyone ought to go over there a ding JC ring gauge, I cant see how he got it so high, Oh that's right he OWNS it probably just but in a random number. I have never seen so many lock threads and now he is locking old ones.
Little Jon's RG goes up daily, by significant number, I am pretty sure he has the power to control it himself, kind of like the rest of the site and its content. :-)
taltos 02:58 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
I also believe but can't prove that he is lying like a rug when he says that he does not know what happened to the CS Retrospective thread. Oh well, time to go over to p*** for my goose stepping lessons.:-)
poker 03:08 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Little Jon's RG goes up daily, by significant number, I am pretty sure he has the power to control it himself, kind of like the rest of the site and its content. :-)

Yes he can make it any number he wishes.
piperman 03:12 PM 01-27-2009
Maybe RJS's post was lost in the big crash. No probably not. He is even talking smack in visitor messages, what a dick, oops Im sorry
Page 49 of 67
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
Up