Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 54
« First < 39474849 5051 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Sauer Grapes 03:07 PM 11-09-2010
If you set iTunes to not sync your apps automatically, it should solve the problem. I think you can go a step further and set it to manually do the apps, and then you should even be able to add or delete specific apps (iTunes apps) without affecting your installous apps.
[Reply]
rack04 03:55 PM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
If you set iTunes to not sync your apps automatically, it should solve the problem. I think you can go a step further and set it to manually do the apps, and then you should even be able to add or delete specific apps (iTunes apps) without affecting your installous apps.
I think I figured it out. I had to "Transfer Purchases from XXXXXXX" in the iTunes file menu.
[Reply]
Montano 07:11 PM 11-09-2010
I may have to jailbreak just so I can delete all SMS messages with one click !!!! And block incoming calls, and......
[Reply]
goalie204 09:30 AM 11-10-2010
Never got any installous apps yet so don't know. Sorry
Edit after reading installous info it says
That it syncs them with itunes
[Reply]
Blueface 11:11 AM 11-12-2010
Well,
Thanks to my 3 and a half year old grandson, looks like I am on my fourth iPhone 4 since they were released.

I think he decided to place it on the floor but from about three or four feet in the air and I think that somehow affected the mic for the video camera.
I was sounding muffled when I recorded.

Called Apple. They trouble shot it over the phone. Had me do a re-set. Didn't fix it. Gave me an appointment for the next morning (today) at the Apple store about 15 minutes from me, they confirmed the issue and gave me a new one to go on my way.

Don't know about others but I have had nothing but great service from this company for any of my devices.
[Reply]
MiamiE 11:28 AM 11-12-2010
Dude you go through iPhone's like water!
[Reply]
Blueface 02:27 PM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Dude you go through iPhone's like water!
Between my rum runners with floaters and my grandson, no iPhone I can imagine stands a chance.:-)
[Reply]
rack04 09:46 AM 11-15-2010
I wonder what Apple plans on announcing tomorrow.

http://www.apple.com/
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:53 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Well,
Thanks to my 3 and a half year old grandson, looks like I am on my fourth iPhone 4 since they were released.

I think he decided to place it on the floor but from about three or four feet in the air and I think that somehow affected the mic for the video camera.
I was sounding muffled when I recorded.

Called Apple. They trouble shot it over the phone. Had me do a re-set. Didn't fix it. Gave me an appointment for the next morning (today) at the Apple store about 15 minutes from me, they confirmed the issue and gave me a new one to go on my way.

Don't know about others but I have had nothing but great service from this company for any of my devices.
:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 10:56 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:

My money is on Verizon iphone or os4.2 is bigger than I expected :-)
[Reply]
rack04 12:21 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
My money is on Verizon iphone or os4.2 is bigger than I expected :-)
I've read that it is either iTunes in the cloud, subscription based music service, public release of iOS 4.2, App Store for Apple TV, or wireless syncing via iTunes. My money is on public release of iOS 4.2.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:11 AM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:

What a crock. They get our expectations up and then it's the Beatles...

I like the Beatles, but I would much rather have 4.2...
[Reply]
aich75013 08:24 AM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
:-)
[Reply]
rack04 11:41 AM 11-16-2010
Finally found a lock screen that I like. It's called Typophone Weather.
[Reply]
G G 03:11 PM 11-16-2010
I am about sick of the crappy proximety (sic) sensor.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:25 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:

I like the Beatles, but I would much rather have 4.2...
wtf do I care about the beetles?
I want my new iPad OS, dammit.
When's that coming? And what makes anyone think anyone would care about the beetles? :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:26 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I am about sick of the crappy proximety (sic) sensor.:-)
What's that?
[Reply]
G G 06:28 PM 11-17-2010
It's the sensor up near the earpiece that turns off the screen when you are talking on the phone. I have read this a huge problem, mine does it too. When it doesn't work right you are dialing numbers with your face.:-) Hoping 4.2 makes it better.
[Reply]
shilala 06:35 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
It's the sensor up near the earpiece that turns off the screen when you are talking on the phone. I have read this a huge problem, mine does it too. When it doesn't work right you are dialing numbers with your face.:-) Hoping 4.2 makes it better.
Mine works fine. Clean the thing.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:39 PM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Mine works fine. Clean the thing.
The problem people have is that it doesn't sense when something is close to it, not the opposite. If it were a problem with it being dirty, I would think that it would be difficult to get the screen to turn on, while this is the opposite problem.

Also, mine does it too, and mine is as clean as a whistle.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 54
« First < 39474849 5051 > Last »
Up