Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 49 of 62
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
General Discussion>(Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread
riverdawg 12:22 PM 06-28-2013
Yup, very nice John. Now slide that dude in your pocket.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:33 PM 06-28-2013
[Reply]
hammondc 04:29 AM 06-29-2013
Cool watch. What kind it is?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:19 AM 07-01-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Cool watch. What kind it is?
Laco
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:08 AM 07-05-2013
My MM friction finally arrived!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:32 AM 07-05-2013
[Reply]
riverdawg 10:10 AM 07-05-2013
Gorgeous piece of metal there Shane. Very nice indeed.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:38 AM 07-08-2013
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:58 AM 07-08-2013
Shane...really dig that MM friction. How much do these bad boys run?
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 09:06 AM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Shane...really dig that MM friction. How much do these bad boys run?
I agree, Mac, that's sharp. The website says $90 to $115
Link to Website
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:33 AM 07-08-2013
I carried pocket knives around throughout my childhood but for some reason stopped around high school/college. Decided I needed a compact edc to start carrying again and ran across the Boker Plus Subcom F - so far I love it! It's hefty for it's small size, but overall I barely notice it in my pocket.

[Reply]
FUEL 09:58 AM 07-08-2013
No pic but a Benchade Pika II. Razor sharp, holds its edge and very affordable.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:01 AM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I agree, Mac, that's sharp. The website says $90 to $115
Link to Website
I think I paid $115 for mine. It is cheap for a custom and it is well made, it's a piece of American Hand Made pride!
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 10:11 AM 07-08-2013
The guys based in Michigan, same as myself. Good enough of a reason to support him. I really like his work. How's it feel in your pocket? YouTube videos I've seen are meh.

Did you just get yours? How long of a wait did you have? I've seen on other forums people are waiting something like 4-6 months.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:38 AM 07-08-2013
The guys based in Michigan, same as myself. Good enough of a reason to support him. I really like his work. How's it feel in your pocket? YouTube videos I've seen are meh.

Did you just get yours? How long of a wait did you have? I've seen on other forums people are waiting something like 4-6 months.
Yes I waited about 5 moths or so. It is slim in the pocket. Doesn't have any clip though. It is not a large knife by any means, and I wouldn't abuse it since they do not have any steel liners. They are constructed of pins and micarta only. If you want something stronger I would go with one of his fixed blades, they are beautiful as well. :-)

These friction folders are not work horses they are classy gent pocket blades, this one happens to be a cap lifter too.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:56 AM 07-08-2013
Thanks again for the "intel" Shane. Just ordered mine. :-) :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:02 AM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Yes I waited about 5 moths or so. It is slim in the pocket. Doesn't have any clip though. It is not a large knife by any means, and I wouldn't abuse it since they do not have any steel liners. They are constructed of pins and micarta only. If you want something stronger I would go with one of his fixed blades, they are beautiful as well. :-)

These friction folders are not work horses they are classy gent pocket blades, this one happens to be a cap lifter too.
Interesting. I figured it wouldn't be a "workhorse" but that's alright. This could be a really awesome gift to myself for graduating Boot camp. It'd probably be finished when I'm there. Hm. I"ll have to see if he can engrave.
Thanks again for the "intel" Shane. Just ordered mine. :-) :-)
Nice. What color micarta?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:07 AM 07-08-2013
Interesting. I figured it wouldn't be a "workhorse" but that's alright. This could be a really awesome gift to myself for graduating Boot camp. It'd probably be finished when I'm there. Hm. I"ll have to see if he can engrave.
I had him engrave my initials on the blade. He does it by hand, it isn't pretty like a machine but I can appreciate it more that way.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:10 AM 07-08-2013

Nice. What color micarta?
Went with the brown (like Shane's) and asked him to intial "MAC" into the blade as well. Also shot him a question, as there is a blue wood one on his gallery that I love...we'll see. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:16 AM 07-08-2013
Went with the brown (like Shane's) and asked him to intial "MAC" into the blade as well. Also shot him a question, as there is a blue wood one on his gallery that I love...we'll see. :-)
I am sure he will be able to take care of you, he can do almost anything.
I may be submitting a completley custom design for him to make eventually.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 62
« First < 39474849 505159 > Last »
Up