Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 48 of 138
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Partagaspete 09:55 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by chand:
Yeah no doubt! Waiver claim (NJ, Isles) and trade?
I am hoping he Isles get him so he can mentor the two new kids. Dipi doo is DONE IMHO.

But even if we claim him would he accept? I personally doubt it except for this scenario:

He comes here for the rest of this season to mentor Lawson/Poulin and uses us to get back to NHL play/conditioning. Kinda like NHL teams use thier AHL affiliates (after all The Isles would or close to an AHL caliber team). he would also gt to work with the legendary Billy Smith. Menawhile, a backoor deal is already in the mix set up to deal him to a team he wants to go to.

Maybe just my wisful thinkking.

T
Eleven 10:11 AM 01-22-2011
Islanders.
icehog3 10:45 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
I am hoping he Isles get him so he can mentor the two new kids. Dipi doo is DONE IMHO.

But even if we claim him would he accept? I personally doubt it except for this scenario:

He comes here for the rest of this season to mentor Lawson/Poulin and uses us to get back to NHL play/conditioning. Kinda like NHL teams use thier AHL affiliates (after all The Isles would or close to an AHL caliber team). he would also gt to work with the legendary Billy Smith. Menawhile, a backoor deal is already in the mix set up to deal him to a team he wants to go to.

T
Apparently not! :-)

Originally Posted by Eleven:
Islanders.

Ahbroody 11:13 AM 01-22-2011
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!
chand 12:16 PM 01-22-2011

T
Good call. I figured it would be the Isles or NJ.
E.J. 01:00 PM 01-22-2011
Here we go AVS!

Side note, I know the Avs have a need with the injuries and now Fleischmann done for the year... But Forsberg....really....:-)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/P...alanche-012111
Ahbroody 01:08 PM 01-22-2011
Favre kept coming back, but I think Foresburg is just to broken. Coupled with years away.
GHC_Hambone 02:05 PM 01-22-2011
Wow he's still around? Isn't this like the fourth time he has tried this?
chand 02:32 PM 01-22-2011
So if Nabby won't report, do the Isles place him back on wavers? How many times will he be claimed and waived again before he finally makes it to the Wings? Jersey? Ottawa? Edmonton? It could last the whole season.
Partagaspete 07:37 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by chand:
So if Nabby won't report, do the Isles place him back on wavers? How many times will he be claimed and waived again before he finally makes it to the Wings? Jersey? Ottawa? Edmonton? It could last the whole season.
If I was Snow I would lay out the plan as I said earlier and if he still won report than F him let him sit out with no pay for no play...I figured it would pla out the way it is so far. I am still hoping he will change his mind and report. We need something to go our way on the island.

T
chand 08:06 PM 01-22-2011
If I was Snow I would lay out the plan as I said earlier and if he still won report than F him let him sit out with no pay for no play...I figured it would pla out the way it is so far. I am still hoping he will change his mind and report. We need something to go our way on the island.

T
I hear that. On second read of the details, the Isles have two choices if Nabby refuses to report - suspend him or waive him. There is no order of precedence for this second waiver. If they waive him the Wings will claim him. The way Snow is talking, the Isles will not let him go. Good for him. I hope he can make it work.
Ahbroody 09:22 PM 01-22-2011
hmmmmmmm I wonder why the Sharks finally said F U.
Partagaspete 06:37 AM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I think the sharks cut ties because he was absolutley meh in play-off hockey and as a hockey fan we all know ockey in the play-offs is different than regular season and he couldn't adjust.

Kinda like marty schottenheimer great regular season coach but...

T
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:11 AM 01-23-2011
Still no score after 1 period in the Hawks/Flyers
icehog3 02:31 PM 01-23-2011
Sharks are said to be intersted stlil...they are not happy with the Antis...
icehog3 02:33 PM 01-23-2011
Hawks lose, but it wasn't their worst game of the season.

Dad and are going again Tuesday. :-)
Ahbroody 07:37 PM 01-23-2011
I think the sharks cut ties because he was absolutley meh in play-off hockey and as a hockey fan we all know ockey in the play-offs is different than regular season and he couldn't adjust.

Kinda like marty schottenheimer great regular season coach but...

T
The Sharks did not need a goalie who craps his pants in the playoff and has a few seasons left. Last year he made some comments about his value and his value to the team and there were somethings said both ways that was not positive. Part of the reason he played better in the playoffs at times last year was it was a k year. That said there was a reason the Sharks did not even make an offer of any shape or kind. This was during the regular season also. When asked the GM always refused to discuss the mater. Nabokov was alleged to have made some comments regarding how the Sharks needed him, and other teams wanted him. It was not a great relationship in the end.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sharks are said to be intersted stlil...they are not happy with the Antis...
Did you read that somewhere and if so can I have the link. I had not heard this. My buddy laughed when I asked about it saying they had 2 goalies not playing great, why would they bring him in and create a couple of headcases. They wouldnt want him for the playoffs so why would they want him to get the starts during the regular season and make the 2 goalies they intend on using rusty? Bringing him in makes less then no sense and would move the team backwards. Well atleast thats what my buddy said feeling was. Remember the Sharks were the ones who said GTFO. I would just want to read the GM stating he wanted him because it goes against the talk I hear from people working at the rink.
chand 07:49 PM 01-23-2011
Seen Stamkos? #38 on the year! Go Bolts!
icehog3 12:09 AM 01-24-2011

Did you read that somewhere and if so can I have the link. I had not heard this. My buddy laughed when I asked about it saying they had 2 goalies not playing great, why would they bring him in and create a couple of headcases. They wouldnt want him for the playoffs so why would they want him to get the starts during the regular season and make the 2 goalies they intend on using rusty? Bringing him in makes less then no sense and would move the team backwards. Well atleast thats what my buddy said feeling was. Remember the Sharks were the ones who said GTFO. I would just want to read the GM stating he wanted him because it goes against the talk I hear from people working at the rink.
Originally Posted by ESPN insider:
We learned a lot of interesting things during this Evgeni Nabokov saga, and one of them is that the San Jose Sharks are actively looking for an upgrade in goalie. The Fourth Period's David Pagnotta tweets that the Sharks put in a claim for Nabokov, which means they aren't happy with their current goaltending.

Had the Sharks landed Nabokov, it likely would've meant Antti Niemi or Antero Nitttymaki would've been hitting the trading block. Given Niemi's one-year deal, he might've been the odd man out.

But more interestingly, this reveals a lot about the future of the Sharks' goalies. First off, it probably means Niemi isn't going to be retained beyond this season. If you'll remember, the Sharks nabbed Niemi in free agency after the Blackhawks declined his arbitration number. After leading the Hawks to a Stanley Cup, Niemi was obviously hoping to have a big year and earn a huge contract next offseason -- but that probably isn't happening after this year. As for Niittymaki, Sharks GM Doug Wilson was hoping he'd be the answer in goal for at least the next two seasons, but that hasn't been the case. So perhaps the Sharks will look for an upgrade in goal, if that becomes available in the next few months.
Here you go, Mike. I cut and pasted it in case you aren't an ESPN Insider subscriber.
Sawyer 05:30 AM 01-24-2011
Thrashers are falling apart. It is getting ridiculous.
Page 48 of 138
« First < 38464748 49505898 > Last »
Up