Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 48 of 220
« First < 38464748 49505898148 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
Mpython24 05:35 PM 03-23-2010
Just got a D3000 for my B-day. Found the cat and he was chillin in the room for a little while.

[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:40 PM 03-23-2010
Congrats! Cute kitty looks like mine. A little more white though.

[Reply]
E.J. 10:05 PM 03-23-2010
[Reply]
catfish2 10:21 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
This will be a classic photo for me to always giggle with.

I just found this thread. I hope that I'm not repeating someting that someone has already posted, but are those "glass top" cigar boxes.
[Reply]
spectrrr 06:08 AM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by catfish2:
I just found this thread. I hope that I'm not repeating someting that someone has already posted, but are those "glass top" cigar boxes.
They sure are. Genuine Habanos right there :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:50 AM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
They sure are. Genuine Habanos right there :-)
I am sure they are real Habanos, that's what the sign says they wouldn't lie to us.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 03:57 PM 03-24-2010
Pictures from Ringling's Rose garden and main Gallery.

Sorry for the white border photobucket is being odd. It should not be there.
[Reply]
J0eybb 04:01 PM 03-24-2010
What's the best/cheapest way to get into photography? I have a Canon 590IS, and I love taking pictures. I just lose any type of quality when the lighting is not Ideal. I love taking sports photos, but the action is usually too fast, and not enough light.

Can I get a decent lens to put on my 590 IS(a), or am I better off getting a DSLR(b)? I know option B will cost me much more than A.

Any insight is apreciated.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 04:14 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
What's the best/cheapest way to get into photography? I have a Canon 590IS, and I love taking pictures. I just lose any type of quality when the lighting is not Ideal. I love taking sports photos, but the action is usually too fast, and not enough light.

Can I get a decent lens to put on my 590 IS(a), or am I better off getting a DSLR(b)? I know option B will cost me much more than A.

Any insight is apreciated.
Actually its more likely the lens would cost more than the body. Im pretty sure you cant interchange lenses with your particular camera. An entry level DSLR with kit lens (or two if you find a package) Canons T1i with 18-55 is a great setup the other way to go is the Nikon D5000 route Both in the $800 range. Its really a matter of preference. Most guys here are canon fans and really they are great either way IMO. Canon is cheaper in the long run.

If you are looking for point and shoot most of them don't perform great in low light. An easy way around this is to use a tripod.
[Reply]
kgoings 05:20 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Actually its more likely the lens would cost more than the body. Im pretty sure you cant interchange lenses with your particular camera. An entry level DSLR with kit lens (or two if you find a package) Canons T1i with 18-55 is a great setup the other way to go is the Nikon D5000 route Both in the $800 range. Its really a matter of preference. Most guys here are canon fans and really they are great either way IMO. Canon is cheaper in the long run.

If you are looking for point and shoot most of them don't perform great in low light. An easy way around this is to use a tripod.
Or you could get a used Canon 20d or 30d and a nifty fifty for less than $500. The nifty fifty would be good in both the situations you mention, low light and sports.
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 11:08 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
How could you not click?

Now is someone could tell me what the deal is with Canon Raw files in CS3 I would be eternally grateful.
What is the problem? What camera are you having the trouble with? New cameras take a little while before Adobe catches up and can process RAW files. So if they are coming from a relatively new body that may be the issue.
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:07 AM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Or you could get a used Canon 20d or 30d and a nifty fifty for less than $500. The nifty fifty would be good in both the situations you mention, low light and sports.
Yeah I was thinking mayb I can find a used body cheap-ish. I know the key is good glass or at least this point and time better glass. I have an adapter ring I attach to te 590is that allows me to add filters, but not sure about glass. Looks like I need to start a savings just for a camera.
[Reply]
spectrrr 05:36 PM 03-27-2010
For anyone that has an android phone, search the market for "depth of field calculator".
GREAT little app to have handy :-)
[Reply]
DonWeb 06:01 PM 03-27-2010
Bird's Eye view of the Arch in St Louis.
(Digital rebel: sized to post)

[Reply]
DonWeb 06:05 PM 03-27-2010
In the wild - Vista CA.
(Digital rebel)

[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:00 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
For anyone that has an android phone, search the market for "depth of field calculator".
GREAT little app to have handy :-)
Just got it. Awesome~
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:15 PM 03-27-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Just got it. Awesome~
been using it in the studio for product photography. been real handy, b etter than the shoot, pixel peep, and guess :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:39 PM 03-27-2010
It seams like you almost need a tape measure too.
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:53 PM 03-27-2010
doesnt have to be THAT perfect unless you want it to be. a decent guess usually suffices. (but I did grab one).
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:06 AM 03-28-2010
Well on my travels I stumbled upon a very reasonably priced Tripod. Slik 212 deluxe. First "real" tripod I've owned. A whole new world of possibilities have opened up with it too. For example I took a 30 second exposure last night NO problem. Yet still sharp.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 48 of 220
« First < 38464748 49505898148 > Last »
Up