Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 47 of 70
« First < 37454647 484957 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
MarkinAZ 05:00 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Close is relative Mark, Serious is 60 miles from my house. But ya there are several local roasters that put out outstanding product, IMO. And most have good websites etc. Houston is actually one of the large hubs for the coffee trade in the world. There are several Free Trade Zone coffee warehouses here. I'm sure that helps the local roasters to try out new things. If it wasn't so hot here the coffee scene would be nuts. As it is it's as developed as the Pacific Northwest area.

This is another one of our favorite roasters here: http://katzcoffee.com/store.php

We just finished up a bag of the Bayou City blend, amazing really. I actually prefer this over the Charlie's in some ways.

Just around the corner Jason:-):-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:35 PM 06-28-2012
Had a couple glasses of cold brewed today. First attempt at it. Used a total of four ounces of ground beans, 2 Mexican Chiapas, 2 Colombian Las Naranjos. Mixed with 12 ounces water and steeped for 24 hours. Strained and then mixed with equal parts water. Not bad. Won't grind as fine next time. Made for a bear to filter it all.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:17 AM 07-03-2012
Jet Fuel K-cup
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:42 AM 07-03-2012
Ethiopia Illubabor – Camp Cooperative
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:04 AM 07-03-2012
Colombian Las Naranjos. Love this stuff.
[Reply]
cryan1980 06:35 AM 08-25-2012
Peet's Major Dickason's for breakfast today
[Reply]
ashtonlady 12:51 PM 08-25-2012
Monkey mix, Next roast will be Deep Blue Harrar city to city +.
[Reply]
Mr B 09:53 AM 08-27-2012
Kenya Nyeri AA Gatomboya at Full City. Very tasty, lite caramel, milk chocolate and baking spice.

I finally got my Behmore 1600 Roaster. I LOVE IT. Gone are the days of roasting up 1/2 cup at a time. My poppers worked very well, dont get me wrong....but being able to roast 1/4, 1/2 and 1 lb amounts to a very consistant roast level in 13-20 minutes (plus cool down period) is such a time saver and does not leave my back aching like it does constantly leaning over the popper.
They included a killer, free sampler of (8) 1lb bags of beans. All top notch stuff.
Thanks Sweet Maria's!!!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:19 AM 08-27-2012
Brazil Sweet Blue blended with a Guatalan.

I just ordered 10lbs of "Brazil Daterra Espresso Reserve", hopefully it makes a nice espresso.
[Reply]
363 10:21 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Brazil Sweet Blue blended with a Guatalan.

I just ordered 10lbs of "Brazil Daterra Espresso Reserve", hopefully it makes a nice espresso.
yeah hopefully, You just ordered 10lbs!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:33 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Kenya Nyeri AA Gatomboya at Full City. Very tasty, lite caramel, milk chocolate and baking spice.

I finally got my Behmore 1600 Roaster. I LOVE IT. Gone are the days of roasting up 1/2 cup at a time. My poppers worked very well, dont get me wrong....but being able to roast 1/4, 1/2 and 1 lb amounts to a very consistant roast level in 13-20 minutes (plus cool down period) is such a time saver and does not leave my back aching like it does constantly leaning over the popper.
They included a killer, free sampler of (8) 1lb bags of beans. All top notch stuff.
Thanks Sweet Maria's!!!
Thanks for this post. I've been debating getting a Behmor myself. After 4 batches in the popper yesterday to get about 9.5oz of beans, it starts to become a chore.
[Reply]
Mr B 11:10 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Thanks for this post. I've been debating getting a Behmor myself. After 4 batches in the popper yesterday to get about 9.5oz of beans, it starts to become a chore.

I agree. Roasting for myself was fine, but I like to give it away too, plus a few of my neighbors will buy it "by the pound" from me and it just takes too darn long. Just to roast the coffee for myself and my neighbor for 1 week, I would be out there for 3+ hours.
Get the Behmor, you will love it. There are alot of videos on you-tube about them too.
Getting the free $50 worth of beans was pretty cool too.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:57 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I agree. Roasting for myself was fine, but I like to give it away too, plus a few of my neighbors will buy it "by the pound" from me and it just takes too darn long. Just to roast the coffee for myself and my neighbor for 1 week, I would be out there for 3+ hours.
Get the Behmor, you will love it. There are alot of videos on you-tube about them too.
Getting the free $50 worth of beans was pretty cool too.
I hope to upgrade some day as well for the same reasons. It takes a lot of roasts to make a pound for somebody with little guy.
[Reply]
Mr B 01:30 PM 08-27-2012
I put the word out to the family that I wanted Sweet Maria's Gift Certificates for my recent B-Day. Family came thru well and I only had to put out $100 of my own cash. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:32 PM 08-27-2012
I put the word out to the family that I wanted Sweet Maria's Gift Certificates for my recent B-Day. Family came thru well and I only had to put out $100 of my own cash. :-) :-)
Nice, good thinking! I have a really small family though, haha.
[Reply]
Mr B 01:03 PM 08-29-2012
This morning was Rwanda Kibuye gitesi at Full City. These beans have almost a week on them so they have mellowed out some. Very tasty though. Coco & Spice w/ a little apple tartness
[Reply]
terrytid 05:36 AM 09-11-2012
I m not a big fan of coffee but i drink in office and some times in home.I m quite health conscious so i m very selective in my foods and diet specially.But i love coffee when i too tried and sleepy.
[Reply]
Mr B 10:16 AM 09-11-2012
This morning was a little Monkey Mix of left overs.
80% Rwanda
10% Ethiopia
10% Nicarauga

It was actually pretty darn good. Nice Coco/Earth with some fruity notes.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:02 AM 09-11-2012
This morning was a little Monkey Mix of left overs.
80% Rwanda
10% Ethiopia
10% Nicarauga

It was actually pretty darn good. Nice Coco/Earth with some fruity notes.
Nice, I call that my zombie blend since I am bringing 2-3 beans back from the dead. It always seems to work out pretty well.

Monkey Mix, Zombie Blend, I wonder if anybody else has a name for it?
[Reply]
Bleez 11:07 AM 09-11-2012
Jittery Joes' Terrapin Wake-n-Bake
[Reply]
Page 47 of 70
« First < 37454647 484957 > Last »
Up