Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 47 of 53
« First < 37454647 4849 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
Bruins Fan 03:48 AM 11-10-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Not sure who the Red Sox are going to be looking at for SS in 2010. That is one of their big holes.
Sox passed on the 6 mill option, if he don't get offers the sox will try to get him back on the cheep?
Gonzo had a lot of big hits for the sox last season batting 284, and played very well.
The sox are getting cheep Henerys hedge fund had to lay off 25% of it's employees:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:27 AM 11-10-2009
Nick Green might save the day again!!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:03 PM 11-10-2009
Well, since nobody else seems to want to report it, guess I shall - Derek Jeter and Mark Teixiera win 2009 Gold Gloves.

Oh, and 6 or 7 other AL guys win one too. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:09 PM 11-10-2009
Mark Buehrle wins a gold glove as well:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 05:20 PM 11-10-2009
Here is the complete AL list.

P Mark Buehrle, White Sox
C Joe Mauer, Twins
1B Mark Teixeira, Yankees
2B Placido Polanco, Tigers
3B Evan Longoria, Rays
SS Derek Jeter, Yankees
OF Torii Hunter, Angels
OF Adam Jones, Orioles
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:06 PM 11-10-2009
Nice group right there!! :-) Congrats to all..even those two damn Yankees!!
[Reply]
Blueface 07:21 PM 11-10-2009
Here is the complete AL list.

P Mark Buehrle, White Sox
C Joe Mauer, Twins
1B Mark Teixeira, Yankees
2B Placido Polanco, Tigers
3B Evan Longoria, Rays
SS Derek Jeter, Yankees
OF Torii Hunter, Angels
OF Adam Jones, Orioles
OF Ichiro Suzuki, Mariners
I got all worked up over nothing.
I thought they said EVA Longoria.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:46 AM 11-11-2009
Ken Griffey, Jr. signed a 1 year deal with the Mariners for $2M with the possibility of it going to $3.15M with incentives.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:19 PM 11-11-2009
OK, explain this one to me: Jerry Hairston Jr. declared his free-agency yesterday. He spent most of this last season languishing on the Reds bench, gets picked up by the Yankees as a utility player, gets a few key hits here and there, and ends up with a WS ring plus the bonus money. Now he exercises an option which is unlikely to be picked up by the champs. WTF is he thinking?
[Reply]
Starscream 05:32 PM 11-11-2009
Ken Griffey, Jr. signed a 1 year deal with the Mariners for $2M with the possibility of it going to $3.15M with incentives.
Awesome! We get to give him an official send-off this year. At least he said earlier that if he plays in '10, it will be his final year. An awesome player in his prime!:-)
Originally Posted by The Poet:
OK, explain this one to me: Jerry Hairston Jr. declared his free-agency yesterday. He spent most of this last season languishing on the Reds bench, gets picked up by the Yankees as a utility player, gets a few key hits here and there, and ends up with a WS ring plus the bonus money. Now he exercises an option which is unlikely to be picked up by the champs. WTF is he thinking?
He was on national television during the WS and thinks that someone is gonna look at that and pick him up for more money.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:40 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
He was on national television during the WS and thinks that someone is gonna look at that and pick him up for more money.
Ain't gonna happen! Wait...my Mets might try to grab him. :-):-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 06:46 PM 11-11-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
What option did he use? As far as I could tell he was a free agent at the end of the season. I did not see anything about him having a player or team options for 2010. All he did was file for free agency like every other free agent does.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:37 PM 11-11-2009
As expected the Red Sox Jason Varitek excersized his option for 2010 for $3M and will return as the back-up catcher for the Red Sox. My prediction is that the Red Sox will release him by the end of Spring Training.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:37 PM 11-11-2009
The NL Gold Glove Winners.

P Adam Wainwright, Cardinals
C Yadier Molina, Cardinals
1B Adrian Gonzalez, Padres
2B Orlando Hudson, Dodgers
3B Ryan Zimmerman, Nationals
SS Jimmy Rollins, Phillies
OF Shane Victorino, Phillies
OF Michael Bourn, Astros
OF Matt Kemp, Dodgers
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:39 PM 11-11-2009

OF Michael Bourn, Astros
OF Matt Kemp, Dodgers
Hudson had some great plays this year:-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:26 AM 11-12-2009
As expected the Red Sox Jason Varitek excersized his option for 2010 for $3M and will return as the back-up catcher for the Red Sox. My prediction is that the Red Sox will release him by the end of Spring Training.
I freakin hope so, he has been dead weight and an automatic out for the last five years.
I guess you keep hanging around as long as people want to give away millions of dollars?
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:51 AM 11-12-2009

OF Michael Bourn, Astros
OF Matt Kemp, Dodgers
What no Mets??? Oh my bad...noone stayed off the DL long enough to qualify. Great calls on Zimmerman, Bourn, and Kemp. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:44 AM 11-12-2009

OF Michael Bourn, Astros
OF Matt Kemp, Dodgers

What, no Adam Dunn? :-)
No Manny? :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:39 AM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I freakin hope so, he has been dead weight and an automatic out for the last five years.
I guess you keep hanging around as long as people want to give away millions of dollars?
He's been kept around because he calls a great game. He called Bucholz and Lester's no-hitters. He is slow throwing to catch runners, which is one reason why everyone was stealing on them this year. His bat was carried on the basis of his game, IMO.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:19 AM 11-12-2009
Tim Hudson and the Braves agreed on a 3 year deal.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 53
« First < 37454647 4849 > Last »
Up