« First < 37454647 48495797147 > Last »
Discussion>Whats in your bowl?
Neuromancer 02:47 PM 04-13-2010
CAO Davinci in a Brigham Bent Billiard
CAO DaVinci in the new Kaywoodie Octogon Apple #44
C&D Briar Fox in the new Mario Grandi Blowfish
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 09:03 AM 04-14-2010
Sterling 1776 Tavern in the Montrealer, G. L. Pease Haddo's Delight in the Dr. Grabow Grand Duke, and good ol' Captain Black White in the LHS Certified Purex.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 09:16 PM 04-14-2010
today was...
Pipes and Cigars Burley Cake
Escudo
Dorchester
GH & co Dark Birdseye
[Reply]
Neuromancer 10:21 PM 04-14-2010
CAO DaVinci in an IMP Meerschaum
Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a Peterson Deluxe Classic #221 Bent Billiard
Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a Savinelli Sigla Bent Billiard
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 01:23 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
today was...
Mmm...I loves me some Burley Kake!
So...that's in today's bowl. :-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 01:44 PM 04-15-2010
CAO DaVinci in an IMP Meer Author (sort of)
CAO DaVinci in a Kaywoodie Octagon Apple #44
McClelland 5100 stoved in a Stanwell BR34 Blowfish
with Twinnings Earl Grey Tea
[Reply]
BigFrank 02:27 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
today was...
Escudo
Dorchester
GH & co Dark Birdseye
what ya think of the Burley cake?
[Reply]
WyGuy 08:52 PM 04-15-2010
Anni Kake
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 08:52 AM 04-16-2010
Today I'm hoping my sample of Savannah (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30967) comes in so I can try a bowl. This morning though, I'm still on the Burley Kake fix. :-)
[Reply]
Curly Cut 12:33 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro:
Mmm...I loves me some Burley Kake!
So...that's in today's bowl. :-)
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
what ya think of the Burley cake?
was a gift/sample a while back from EvanS (probably over an ounce worth)... i was cleaning up my pipe area (top of my dresser) and found the baggie tripple bagged with a couple other samples he sent with coffee. so, figured i'd smoke it.

of the burley's i've had, this has been the best in the flavor dept. In the prep/loading dept, i can't stand "cakes". i'm not a burley fan at all.
it does have a pleasing room note, and this blend doesn't royally ghost up a pipe after a single smoke (like some other burleys i've had).

i won't buy it again, but it's not bad at all, just not my thing... well, maybe an ounce for a change of pace once every couple of months... maybe.
[Reply]
BigFrank 05:00 PM 04-16-2010
ok good news I plan on picking up a small sample. Might give the burley flakes a shot from C&D
[Reply]
Curly Cut 08:51 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Might give the burley flakes a shot from C&D
someone i know that's a burley fan doesn't like them... can't remember which blend...
if you like a sweet burley, then i would suggest this one... i'm just not a big burley fan, and don't like cake tobaccos. the flavor is good, though.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:54 PM 04-16-2010
Castello KKK Sea Rock Billiard with some Gawith & Hoggarth Lousiana Flake.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:25 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Castello KKK Sea Rock Billiard with some Gawith & Hoggarth Lousiana Flake.
Nice. I actually have some Louisiana Flake at home that was bombed to me a while ago. Probably about 2-3 bowls worth. I think I'll have to revisit it.
[Reply]
BigFrank 10:11 AM 04-17-2010
Laurel Heights in a Bent Kaywoodie. Really digging this tobacco. Good stuff.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 12:27 PM 04-17-2010
McClelland 5100 stoved in a Savinelli Sigla Bent Billiard
McClelland 5100 stoved in a Peterson Deluxe Classic #221 Bent Billiard
Old Tongue Scorcher #79* in a Kaywoodie Octogon Apple #44

* Several years ago Altadis sent me a box full of samples including a pouch of Mixture #79...it's probably forty years since I tasted that blend and know a lot more about pipes and tobacco then, however, I wasn't smart enough to realize it was as vile as it always was...I did think of passing it on to a noob pipe smoker but then figured "what the H" I can't do that to some poor noob so I chit-canned it...:-)
[Reply]
Curly Cut 07:12 PM 04-18-2010
GH&Co Curly Cut Deluxe in a Rad Davis sandblasted bent egg.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 07:20 PM 04-18-2010
Tobacco Galleria Midnight Smoke (Altadis) in a Dr. Graybow Omega (not bad for a plain black cavendish, but not much taste...surprisingly the Dr. Grabow smoked fantastically the very first time, amazing for a drugstore pipe...I haven't bought drugstore pipes since I was in college forty years ago)

GLP Chelsea Morning in a Nording Freehand (I think I'm finally beginning to realize I just don't like latakia blends...everyone raves about it, but I thought it was awful, although I do enjoy Raven's Wing and Odyssey)
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:52 PM 04-18-2010
You know where you can send those english baccys...hint hint...

I would give CM a lil nap time before opening a lot of people dislike fresh GLP brands but revisit them sometime later and rave about them. I dont know.
[Reply]
Nurse_Maduro 03:07 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
Tobacco Galleria Midnight Smoke (Altadis) in a Dr. Graybow Omega (not bad for a plain black cavendish, but not much taste...
If you like Midnight Smoke, give Blue Note a try (same blender)...it's very similar in aroma to MS, but has a lot more flavor. It's a blend of Black Cav, Burley, and VA, and it's probably my favorite drugstore blend (and certainly my favoite from Altadis).
[Reply]
Page 47 of 195
« First < 37454647 48495797147 > Last »
Up