Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 67
« First < 36444546 474856 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
CigarDood 06:03 AM 01-27-2009
Heavy-moderation is doing more harm than good and will continue to drive people away. That's actually a good lesson for us here at CA to remember.
DBall 06:25 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by CigarDood:
Heavy-moderation is doing more harm than good and will continue to drive people away. That's actually a good lesson for us here at CA to remember.
I don't think that's anything relevant to here... the team of 11 are the only mods and I'm pretty confident that they know what they are doing. Hell... more posts at poof have been closed/deleted in the last month than in the prior year and a half the 11 were running the show over there.
SeanGAR 06:29 AM 01-27-2009
Well, I've decided to only go to that site on days when I'm wearing a brown shirt.
I don't own a brown shirt.

Originally Posted by DBall:
I don't think that's anything relevant to here...
Exactly. The owners here are whats called "smart".
Blueface 06:31 AM 01-27-2009
WOW!!!
Ran off to see my favorite band, The Eagles, and I can't believe all that took place in between.

Dave and Tom banned.
I wonder if my access still works but won't dare go there.
Erased the link.

Hey, I got 4 points for posting a thread "No Drama/No Bashing" and it only contained freaking crickets.:-):-):-)

After my response to the PM, can't imagine me being able to log back on at all.
poker 06:47 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by CigarDood:
No worries. We have never really been heavy handed with moderating boards (unless we banned you before LOL). :-)
DBall 06:50 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:

Dave and Tom banned.

Not banned, but had their password scrambled (also their emails changed so they can't reset the passwords, then lied to about it)... easily one of the most cowardly things I have seen done on cigar boards. Seriously, if you're going to ban someone, why not just be a man and ban them?

This speaks volumes of the new regime over there.

Again, things like this never happened under the 11 (and I'd feel safe saying they never would).
taltos 07:12 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
When the good lord was passing out brains, I have no clue where JC was.
He thought that the good lord said train so jc was trying to turn a profit selling bus tickets.:-)
Da Klugs 07:13 AM 01-27-2009
Smart? Nah... well maybe the other 10. The pertinent difference is that we are products of the culture, got mentored by those that came before us, served as volunteers to something we loved, and have those burdens to balance against the desires we all get as humans to lash out when things get dicey. Probably the most important distinction is.. we came for the cigars, stayed for the friendships.

What we are seeing there is pretty straightforward. The reason for rules is to strike a balance between individual freedom of speech and the greater good of the community. When it's a community with reasonable rules designed to serve the community, that everyone can understand, if not agree with, the implementation and enforcement of the rules is mostly done by the members of the community. When it's a one man for profit show and the rules become fluid, there is no firm footing or moral ground to stand on and you end up with a business vs a community. Puffer fish? How about Customers?

As is on display in this situation, no one owns this community. The URL that houses it is of minor importance and as you all have demonstrated, is easily replaced for a pittance financially if those who serve it administratively get to full of them(our)selves.
floydpink 07:56 AM 01-27-2009
For some reason, I see little Jonnie Capoots running around sticking his thumb in the leak and trying in a panic to patch the next one that is springing up next to it, all the while telling his admiring wife that he has it under control.:-)
BC-Axeman 08:03 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Well, I've decided to only go to that site on days when I'm wearing a brown shirt.
I don't own a brown shirt.

Exactly. The owners here are whats called "smart".
Does khaki count?:-)
taltos 08:04 AM 01-27-2009
I would hate to think that anybody would write jc's advertisers and advise them on how well their advertising dollars are being spent.:-)
Blueface 08:28 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I would hate to think that anybody would write jc's advertisers and advise them on how well their advertising dollars are being spent.:-)
I know one of those advertisers personally.
He has been warned.
chippewastud79 08:29 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I know one of those advertisers personally.
He has been warned.
Now if we can just warn the other 4308274 advertisers he has paying for the site. :-)
King James 08:46 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Now if we can just warn the other 4308274 advertisers he has paying for the site. :-)
Don't tell the cheese guys... I'm waiting for some good deals :-)
replicant_argent 09:03 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
You live in Cheeseland, you should be able to get it for cost.
:-)
Scottw 09:04 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by King James:

:-):-):-):-) the cheese guys, that's great!
Asher 09:06 AM 01-27-2009
Ah, heck: "You have been banned for the following reason: drama

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
"

Probably because I dinged joncaputo's RG for one of his less-than-friendly posts . . .
icehog3 09:09 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
Ah, heck: "You have been banned for the following reason: drama

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
"

Probably because I dinged joncaputo's RG for one of his less-than-friendly posts . . .
No worries, I am guessing RG will be reset within the next few weeks.
King James 09:10 AM 01-27-2009
Well apparently anything anybody does that goes against the past/present/future feelings, thoughts, ideas, plans of Jon Caputo gets filed away as drama and will likely result in you being banned.

HOWEVER, if you would like to stay..... all you must do is kiss his ass in a few threads and express your support for him publicly...heck, maybe you can even become a future mod if you ass kiss enough

Stay classy

taltos 09:12 AM 01-27-2009
I would not be surprised if I get banned for posts made here.
Page 46 of 67
« First < 36444546 474856 > Last »
Up