Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 53
« First < 36444546 4748 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
kelmac07 04:15 AM 11-07-2009
Even smarter move...my Mets finally declined an option on someone...$9.1 mil on JJ Putz. :-) :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 07:07 AM 11-07-2009
Honestly best thing for Mets fans is the Yankees winning the series. The Wilpons will want to get those fence sitting NY baseball fans back in their court, so a decent spending spree could plug a few of the holes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:15 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by yachties23:
Honestly best thing for Mets fans is the Yankees winning the series. The Wilpons will want to get those fence sitting NY baseball fans back in their court, so a decent spending spree could plug a few of the holes.
Let's hope so! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:41 AM 11-07-2009
Sox pick up Mark Teahen. Still don't know if Im happy or upset about getting him. His numbers were not great in the 2009 season. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...-sox07.article
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:14 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by yachties23:
Honestly, I don't see them going anywhere as long as they keep Minaya as the GM. He sucks. And I wonder how much the Mets would be able to spend anyways as the Wilpons lost a significant amount of money in the Madoff scheme.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:34 AM 11-07-2009
The main thing the Mets need to plug some holes is to get a few guys off IR.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:52 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
The main thing the Mets need to plug some holes is to get a few guys off IR.
Like damn near the whole starting line-up??? :-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 10:55 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Like damn near the whole starting line-up??? :-):-)
Yep'per. Your guys were snake-bit for sure this year -- like mine were last year.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:50 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Honestly, I don't see them going anywhere as long as they keep Minaya as the GM. He sucks. And I wonder how much the Mets would be able to spend anyways as the Wilpons lost a significant amount of money in the Madoff scheme.
Actually I think it was recently reported that they made money during that time and all the reports of them losing millions were false.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:31 PM 11-07-2009
The Twins picked up Michael Cuddyer's $10.5M option for 2011.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:11 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Actually I think it was recently reported that they made money during that time and all the reports of them losing millions were false.
Jeff Wilpon came right out and said they lost a a whole lot of money but said they wouldn't let that effect team operations. So I don't think it it was false. How they react this off season should show how true that statement is as i'm sure they want to make some of that money back.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:19 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Jeff Wilpon came right out and said they lost a a whole lot of money but said they wouldn't let that effect team operations. So I don't think it it was false. How they react this off season should show how true that statement is as i'm sure they want to make some of that money back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/sp...ll/22mets.html

They made money in the scam but will most likely have those gains taken away in court.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:58 AM 11-08-2009
As long as they don't use any money to pick up some AGING free agents!!! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:40 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
As long as they don't use any money to pick up some AGING free agents!!! :-)
I hear Mickey Lolich is looking to make a comeback. :-)
(Boy does that give away my age that I remember that ridiculous signing by the Mets)

If not Lolich, I hear "say hey" is interested in a pinch hitter role.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:20 AM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I hear Mickey Lolich is looking to make a comeback. :-)
(Boy does that give away my age that I remember that ridiculous signing by the Mets)

If not Lolich, I hear "say hey" is interested in a pinch hitter role.:-)
Shhhhhh...Minaya , might hear you. While we're at it, why not give Manuel a 5 year extension (since he's done a bang up job...NOT). :-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:59 PM 11-09-2009
Some Red Sox moves:
Declined option's on Alex Gonzalez & Jason Varitek (he will probably use his $3M player option though).
Picked up option on Victor Martinez and signed Tim Wakefield for 2 more years.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:13 PM 11-09-2009
Some Red Sox moves:
Declined option's on Alex Gonzalez & Jason Varitek (he will probably use his $3M player option though).
Picked up option on Victor Martinez and signed Tim Wakefield for 2 more years.
I still can't believe Boston took A-Gon off our hands (Reds). What did they see in him?
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:15 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I still can't believe Boston took A-Gon off our hands (Reds). What did they see in him?
He was still an improvement over Green for them.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:18 PM 11-09-2009
He was still an improvement over Green for them.
A-Gon brings with him a horrible offense and a spotty defense. He can make some stellar plays, but he's very error prone too.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:21 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
A-Gon brings with him a horrible offense and a spotty defense. He can make some stellar plays, but he's very error prone too.
Not sure who the Red Sox are going to be looking at for SS in 2010. That is one of their big holes.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 53
« First < 36444546 4748 > Last »
Up