Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 350
« First < 36444546 47485696146 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Nick 10:43 PM 01-21-2009
I'm not the kind of guy that goes to a gym and talks to everyone, in fact I don't talk at all to anyone. The last few days I've been going at about 8pm and I usually do ok.
Chris. 05:15 AM 01-22-2009
I dont talk to anyone other than to ask if they are using a piece of equipment. I like to get in there, get in the zone, and knock an hour out.
Genetic Defect 08:08 AM 01-22-2009
just took the two am tabs from my reduction sample, taste like raspberry
zemekone 08:10 AM 01-22-2009
off to the gym shoulders and cleans...
Mugen910 08:11 AM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I dont talk to anyone other than to ask if they are using a piece of equipment. I like to get in there, get in the zone, and knock an hour out.
:-) I do tend to accidentally glance at the hot chics with the bootay while there between sets. :-)
icehog3 08:40 AM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:
off to the gym shoulders and cleans...
I'm off to destroy my lats. :-)
King James 08:56 AM 01-22-2009
looks like my lab may get out early today so might be able to hit the gym up after class.... hope so
Genetic Defect 08:57 AM 01-22-2009
I tried Vasocharge yesterday, mixes and tastes good, I feel that two scoops of this is 2.5 scoops of white flood.

Xtend mixes typical of that kind of drink, got the refreshing watermelon. seems ok would be better mixed with a proper water to powder ratio.
BigFrank 05:15 PM 01-22-2009
I wouldn't worry about the gyms being crowded right now. Remember a lot of people just joined because of new years related stuff. Stick with it they will all be gone by March, maybe February.

Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
I guess it depends were you workout :-):-):-)

Dunno if that goes on at Westside?!?

Its all about attitude, it doesnt matter if a guy can bench 900 or not. Most of the time guys in the strength game will be more than willing to accomodate, or help out with any questions. Especially if they can see you are working hard. Everyone notices hardwork.... That being said I wouldn't interrupt them, but for the most part lifting is like cigars, most start at the bottom and work their way up
Chuch Vogelphol ( spelling? ) might be the only guy there to have people move out of his way at Westside. That guy is freaking nuts.
Mugen910 09:08 PM 01-22-2009
5 mile run tonite...Legs/Calves tomorrow. :-)
Sanitariumite 09:36 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'm off to destroy my lats. :-)
How do you like the Vassive N.O. so far? Which flavor did you get? I really enjoy the taste of the Lemon-lime. It never fully mixes, but I only take 3-4 big swigs of it, and I just shake it between each one. That mixes is plenty for me. I really like it. Maybe as much as WF. It really kicks my focus in gear more than WF did, and I like the energy. It's not an insane rush, but it makes me eager to move, which is all I want. I also really like that it's a NO supp, and creatine too. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Had a really good back/abs day today. I haven't been able to break below 233 lbs for almost 4 weeks now, but I've been doing more of a carb cycling diet, and I'm really trying to hit no less than 45 minutes of cardio per session. I weighed in at 231.9 yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm below 230 by Monday. The more time I spend working at the Fred Meyer deli the more excited I am for boot camp. I know there's not going to be anything enjoyable about boot camp, but at the same time, every day there is progress. It's another day to tick off the calendar towards becoming a Marine, and that's all I want right now. They gym is definitely the only thing keeping me sane. It's the one thing I can do to forget about how miserable I am at work. Its becoming my sanctuary. I love it. This is definitely a lifestyle that's going to stick. I'm never going to be fat again. Thank you all for your advice. Without your advice on supplements, lifts, routine, diet, etc. I never would have lost the 60lbs I have, or seen the gains I have in my lifts/strength. It's funny, this thread is really the only reason I come to the cigar forum anymore. I can't afford to smoke more than once a month, if that, but I'm here every day to read the most recent posts, and keep learning. I feel like I owe you all for the help you've dished out. So again, thanks, and keep lifting heavy.
Adam
icehog3 01:11 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
How do you like the Vassive N.O. so far? Which flavor did you get? I really enjoy the taste of the Lemon-lime. It never fully mixes, but I only take 3-4 big swigs of it, and I just shake it between each one. That mixes is plenty for me. I really like it. Maybe as much as WF. It really kicks my focus in gear more than WF did, and I like the energy. It's not an insane rush, but it makes me eager to move, which is all I want. I also really like that it's a NO supp, and creatine too. Kills 2 birds with one stone.
Hi Adam,

I've only been on it for two days...so far here are my thoughts:

I have had two good workouts, so that is a plus.

It doesn't give me that insane focus that the WF does, but it does give me an edge, and some increased focus. I think 2 days is way too soon to make an overall judgement, but so far I am pleased. I bought the raspberry lemonade, and just wish it would mix a little better...but I get it down.
icehog3 01:15 AM 01-23-2009
The Professor 07:16 AM 01-23-2009
That's awesome, Admiral. :-)

Funny coincidence is that I'm off to squat right now. Squat used to be my favorite and I haven't done one real one since I hurt my shoulder in November. Ugh. Let's see what I've got in me today.... :-)

Out of WF (poor planning) -- so I took some xenedrine and ate 3g of beta alanine. Mmmm ... crunchy. :-) :-)
DavenportESQ 07:51 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:

Had a really good back/abs day today. I haven't been able to break below 233 lbs for almost 4 weeks now, but I've been doing more of a carb cycling diet, and I'm really trying to hit no less than 45 minutes of cardio per session. I weighed in at 231.9 yesterday morning, so hopefully I'm below 230 by Monday. The more time I spend working at the Fred Meyer deli the more excited I am for boot camp. I know there's not going to be anything enjoyable about boot camp, but at the same time, every day there is progress. It's another day to tick off the calendar towards becoming a Marine, and that's all I want right now. They gym is definitely the only thing keeping me sane. It's the one thing I can do to forget about how miserable I am at work. Its becoming my sanctuary. I love it. This is definitely a lifestyle that's going to stick. I'm never going to be fat again. Thank you all for your advice. Without your advice on supplements, lifts, routine, diet, etc. I never would have lost the 60lbs I have, or seen the gains I have in my lifts/strength. It's funny, this thread is really the only reason I come to the cigar forum anymore. I can't afford to smoke more than once a month, if that, but I'm here every day to read the most recent posts, and keep learning. I feel like I owe you all for the help you've dished out. So again, thanks, and keep lifting heavy.
Adam

Adam thank you for what you do! I hope you have a safe journey through the marines

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thats just unbelievable. I love it!
DavenportESQ 08:22 AM 01-23-2009
Tom...What did you google to find that pic?
zonedar 08:29 AM 01-23-2009
Kind'a scary to think of the other possible hits, eh?
The Professor 09:01 AM 01-23-2009
Good leg day today ... especially considering it was my first squat day in over two months. After warming up with some light (135lb) stiff-legs, cable rope crunches (200lbs x 20, just to tighten my core), and bar-only squats and hamstring stretches (just to get loose), I started adding the weight for squats:

135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
225 x 6
225 x 5
225 x 5

Looked like others wanted to use the power rack, so I stepped away. Not even close to what I was at before I hurt my shoulder; but I'm happy with that for a first day back. Followed it up with stiff-legged deads:

185 x 10 x 3
225 x 8

Then moved over to the leg press to finish things off:

8 pies x 10 (I was wobbly from everything else already)
10 pies x 10 (very wobbly)
12 pies x 8 (almost couldn't rack it after #8 ... and I think the whole gym heard me scream a bit)

All in all, not my best leg day by any means. But for my first day back in a dedicated leg day with real squats, I was pretty pleased. I could barely walk to my car afterward and am still shaking a little ... both signs of a good day in the gym. :-)
King James 09:08 AM 01-23-2009
upper body again this afternoon... will report how it goes after.
icehog3 10:15 AM 01-23-2009
I got it in an e-mail, Dave. :-)

Although I Google "Girl Squats" regularly. :-)

Off to the gym soon! :-)
Page 46 of 350
« First < 36444546 47485696146 > Last »
Up