Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 138
« First < 36444546 47485696 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 02:18 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Wings lost a couple more players to injury last night in a shootout loss to Columbus. Jimmy Howard has a bruised hip and Holmstrom broke his hand. Just hoping for no more injuries!
Howard is my goalie in the Alumni Fantasy league, but he could have 30 shutouts to finish the year and still not bring me out of the cellar. :-)

Wings having another tough years with injuries...I assume Osgood is hurt too with MacDonald being a regular? I don;t think the Wngs can keep up their current pace with Ozzy and Howard both out. :-)
GreekGodX 02:43 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Howard is my goalie in the Alumni Fantasy league, but he could have 30 shutouts to finish the year and still not bring me out of the cellar. :-)

Wings having another tough years with injuries...I assume Osgood is hurt too with MacDonald being a regular? I don;t think the Wngs can keep up their current pace with Ozzy and Howard both out. :-)
You better not catch up in the Alumni League, Pops. I'd like to keep my top spot :-)

MacDonald will be taking place with Osgood out. What has been worrying me is that we have been simply just trying to outscore everyone, and we've been successful at that being 2nd in the league in goals/game. No way we can keep that pace. Hoping we can grind out some wins and play better D.
icehog3 02:51 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
You better not catch up in the Alumni League, Pops. I'd like to keep my top spot :-)

You have ZERO worries from my team, Son. :-)
Ahbroody 08:34 PM 01-15-2011
Sharks about to take the ice against the Blues. Sharks are a little banged up, but nowhere near as badly banged up as the Blues. No Clowe tonight against the Blues who play a very physical chippy type pf game. Last game was pretty nasty. Praying this is their slump buster. If they get beat again I wonder if they will try a trade to shake it up.
icehog3 09:45 PM 01-15-2011
Hawks had a 3rd period meltdown again, salvaged a point. Maybe the most disgusted I have been watching them this season.
Ahbroody 10:25 PM 01-15-2011
Hey try being me right now.
Its funny when Jaime Baker is basically calling Heatley and some other guys soft and saying not giving up the body or playing with any desperation.

2-2 against the Blues who have damn near half their farm team up it sounds like and almost none of their stars in the lineup. These guys are so bad right now it hurts. I am fully expecting another loss. Blues playing a perfect road game. Keep it close. Sharks have not scored 5 on 5 in a long time. PP goals are all they can muster.
icehog3 10:31 PM 01-15-2011
Heatley is tearing it up though...I wonder how he motivates himself in the throngs of a long NHL season? :-) :-)
Ahbroody 10:36 PM 01-15-2011
LOL he just scored a 5-5 goal to. WTF maybe he needs me taking sh1t about him.
Fuggin jumbo shield wearing overpaid heartless b1tch. Earn your money, you get paid enough.

Seriously though Euro players think that shield is HUGE!! Any bigger and he might as well use my sons plexi cage. :-)
icehog3 10:53 PM 01-15-2011
Looks like the Sharks will get 2....man, the West is close 4-12. :-)
icehog3 06:37 PM 01-18-2011
Sharks were busy today:

Scott Nichol gets a 4 game suspension.

Picked up Ben Eager from Atlanta for a 5th rounder. Doug Wilson describes him as a "bigger Nichol".

Stole Kyle Wellwood on re-entry waivers from the Blues.
E.J. 06:47 PM 01-18-2011
GO AVS! Tough one tonight....
Ahbroody 08:01 PM 01-18-2011
Sharks were busy today:

Scott Nichol gets a 4 game suspension.

Picked up Ben Eager from Atlanta for a 5th rounder. Doug Wilson describes him as a "bigger Nichol".

Stole Kyle Wellwood on re-entry waivers from the Blues.
Knew the hit was bad when the sharks announcers called it into question and said they were suprised no penalty.

Can we please get some damn defense?
Current inside rumor Sharks are talking to the canucks about Bieksa for Seto and a farm player the Sharks dont want to part with. Feel weird for Seto hes trade bait and everyone knows it.
icehog3 08:07 PM 01-18-2011
I would be shocked if the 'Nucks moved Bieksa for Setuguchi (sp?).
bscottskangum 08:11 PM 01-18-2011
I would be shocked if the 'Nucks moved Bieksa for Setuguchi (sp?).
:-)

I find it hard to believe they would make any trades that could have a possibility of making any other playoff contenders better
Ahbroody 08:30 PM 01-18-2011
Well this guy is fairly tied in, but maybe hes wrong. We shall see I suppose. I have heard from multiple affiliated sources Seto and blank prospect or draft pick are on the table for a solid dman.
357 06:52 AM 01-19-2011
Wings lose to the friggen Pens. :-)
Eleven 08:23 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Wings lose to the friggen Pens without Crosby. :-)
Fixed that for you.
357 08:47 AM 01-19-2011
Wings were minus Mike Modano C, Danny Cleary RW, Pavel Datsyuk LW, Brad Stuart D, & started their minor league goalie Joey MacDonald since our backup (Osgood) is also out.

Not to make excuses, but injuries make it hard to really measure the two.
kugie 09:20 AM 01-19-2011
Bruins are looking good right now..(who knows how long it will last).
Five wins out of the last 6 games and the loss against the Pens.

I hope they can keep up the pressure and win the Division.
icehog3 09:29 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Well this guy is fairly tied in, but maybe hes wrong. We shall see I suppose. I have heard from multiple affiliated sources Seto and blank prospect or draft pick are on the table for a solid dman.
I believe that wholeheartedly...I just don't think the Canucks are going to trade Biesksa for that package while they are sitting atop the standings, Mike.

Originally Posted by 357:
Wings were minus Mike Modano C, Danny Cleary RW, Pavel Datsyuk LW, Brad Stuart D, & started their minor league goalie Joey MacDonald since our backup (Osgood) is also out.

Not to make excuses, but injuries make it hard to really measure the two.
The Wings are far more decimated with injuries than the Pens are at this point. Don't forget Holmstrom as well.
Page 46 of 138
« First < 36444546 47485696 > Last »
Up