Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 69
« First < 36444546 474856 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
nutcracker 07:53 PM 12-24-2014
Nice looking pipe - something elegant about it - either the army mount or that shiny rim...
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 08:00 PM 12-24-2014
I believe you brother. Im just an old Airdale type and like the wide open at 10 thousand feet at least. I did spend most of my time in EOD safeing WW2 munitions laying around in the jungle on Okinawa. SEcond generation AF and many generations military going back before the revolution to a crochety old Hessian soldier of fortune who killed Indians and French for the Brits even before the Revolution. Grand uncle still on duty on the Missouri in Pearl Harbor.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:50 AM 12-26-2014
I come from a military family, too but I'm the only submariner (pronounced: submarine-er). :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:24 PM 12-29-2014
Nice looking Viking Darren. I like the thickness of the briar around the bowl. Hope it smokes good for you.

While out in the field today, I was in the neighborhood of a B&M called "Tobacco World" and picked up the following items:

A new MM bent Legend cob and a can of Balkan Sasieni...
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:27 AM 12-30-2014
Thanks! I put some BC in it and it was kinda flat. I dunno if it was my taste buds or what, but I'll try some Peacehaven in it; pots are supposed to be good for VA's (aren't they?). Other than that, it was cool, gurgle free, great pipe.

I've been paying so much attention to aro's and crossovers that I totally overlooked Sasieni Balkan. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:59 PM 12-31-2014
Just had to do it. 1.5 pund box of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake, 1/2 pound of G.L. Pease classic mixture, Haddo's Delight, and 2 tins of McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2014.

Blessed 7th day of Christmas to you all, and Happy New Year.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:25 PM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Just had to do it. 1.5 pund box of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake, 1/2 pound of G.L. Pease classic mixture, Haddo's Delight, and 2 tins of McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2014.

How in the world did you get a pound and a half into an eight ounce jar? The Christmas Cheer is awesome, right? No need to answer, I know it is, being from Greene County, N.C.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:47 PM 12-31-2014
Just had to do it. 1.5 pund box of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake, 1/2 pound of G.L. Pease classic mixture, Haddo's Delight, and 2 tins of McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2014...
Very nice Todd:-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 04:40 PM 12-31-2014
I like the sounds of something from NC. I'll have to try and get ahold of some Christmas Cheer.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:49 PM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I like the sounds of something from NC. I'll have to try and get ahold of some Christmas Cheer.
I will have some at Symposia. Bring a pipe and I'll let you try some.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:07 PM 12-31-2014
I will have some at Symposia. Bring a pipe and I'll let you try some.
Sounds like a deal. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:20 PM 12-31-2014
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
How in the world did you get a pound and a half into an eight ounce jar? The Christmas Cheer is awesome, right? No need to answer, I know it is, being from Greene County, N.C.
That is a quart jar and I got all but what I put into a half pint jar to smoke from into that quart jar.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:30 AM 01-02-2015

Very nice haul!
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 09:49 AM 01-02-2015
have a Comoy pipe due today and some tobaccos from pipesandcigars.com

Im giddy about the pipe! hurry up mailman!
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:15 AM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog:
have a Comoy pipe due today and some tobaccos from pipesandcigars.com

Im giddy about the pipe! hurry up mailman!
I've got some stuff due today, too. Not a pipe, but a couple of Savinelli rests and some Esoterica St. Ives. That's how exciting my life is; I can't wait, either. :-)
BTW, That pipe should be a nice smoke. I may have to get that prince.
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 02:30 PM 01-02-2015
Comoys came in! Lovely grain too. Class act this pipe. I put in some of the new shipment Peter: St luxury Bulls Eye Flake. It looks like a bag of sliced pepperoni! :-) First time I have gotten tobacco like this.

I cleaned the pipe with a pipe cleaner a little and shred up a pepperoni slice and just stuffed it in the bowl lightly. Didnt really know how to do this. It lit easily and the bowl smoked cool and stayed lit for me. Just lucky this time I guess!

I was told I would probably like this based on what I smoke and I do! Thanks for the hints Rev! I smoked blissfully for an hour plus and to me found this mixture to demand my smoking it slowly. Hot box it and it gets the back of your throat!

I think it smells great. It sure tastes great. Hints of Honey maybe? New favorite! The pipe too!

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:48 AM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog:
Comoys came in! Lovely grain too. Class act this pipe. I put in some of the new shipment Peter: St luxury Bulls Eye Flake. It looks like a bag of sliced pepperoni! :-) First time I have gotten tobacco like this.

I cleaned the pipe with a pipe cleaner a little and shred up a pepperoni slice and just stuffed it in the bowl lightly. Didnt really know how to do this. It lit easily and the bowl smoked cool and stayed lit for me. Just lucky this time I guess!

I was told I would probably like this based on what I smoke and I do! Thanks for the hints Rev! I smoked blissfully for an hour plus and to me found this mixture to demand my smoking it slowly. Hot box it and it gets the back of your throat!

I think it smells great. It sure tastes great. Hints of Honey maybe? New favorite! The pipe too!

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
Nice looking pipe.
[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 11:51 AM 01-05-2015
Thank you! You can never have too many pipes!
[Reply]
nutcracker 07:18 AM 01-13-2015
Something different. A Tsuge. Very well made - the stem has a little "O" ring to secure a seal. 'Tis lovely!

[Reply]
The.Sheepdog 09:04 AM 01-13-2015
OOH I likey! Tsuge is on my bucket list!
[Reply]
Page 46 of 69
« First < 36444546 474856 > Last »
Up