Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 45 of 75
« First < 35434445 464755 > Last »
Entertainment>Famous Movie Quotes
SvilleKid 11:35 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Another quote from Airplane

More comedy: "The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true. " And let's not forget about "the chalice from the palace" while we consider this quote!
Bump. This is an easy one, albeit a quote from an older comedy film (and, no, 1970's doesn't qualify as old in this case!
CasaDooley 11:53 PM 03-21-2010

More comedy: "The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true. " And let's not forget about "the chalice from the palace" while we consider this quote!
The Court Jester!

This quote is found in two movies! 1 has already been mentioned, whats the second one?

" To me, you look like number two, know what I mean?"
SNKBYT 02:23 PM 03-22-2010

Bump. This is an easy one, albeit a quote from an older comedy film (and, no, 1970's doesn't qualify as old in this case!
"the princess bride"
SvilleKid 05:06 PM 03-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid Image

Quote:

"the princess bride"

Nope. Much older film
CasaDooley 10:50 PM 03-23-2010
Quote:

Quote:

"the princess bride"

Nope. Much older film

Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
The Court Jester!

This quote is found in two movies! 1 has already been mentioned, whats the second one?

So it's not The Court Jester?
landhoney 09:43 AM 03-24-2010
The Court Jester!

This quote is from "Murder by Death", Peter Falk. One of my favorites..."Treacherous road like fresh mushroom......:-)
CasaDooley 01:53 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by landhoney:
This quote is from "Murder by Death", Peter Falk. One of my favorites..."Treacherous road like fresh mushroom......:-)
I was 18 when I saw MbD at the theater. Laughed my azz off!:-)
SvilleKid 09:48 PM 03-24-2010
So it's not The Court Jester?
Sorry, Casa, I saw the wrong post, looked like snk identified this as the Princess Bride! You are correct, it is from the Court Jester.

In the movie, the poison starts out NOT in the chalice from the palace, which gets broken, then Danny Kaye's character has to re-learn where the poison now isn't placed. sorry for the "old guy" moment!
SvilleKid 09:52 PM 03-24-2010
Landhoney, you need to give us a new quote from a different movie to replace the one you guessed (since "Treacherous road..... is also from Murder by Death)
CasaDooley 10:27 PM 03-24-2010
Sorry, Casa, I saw the wrong post, looked like snk identified this as the Princess Bride! You are correct, it is from the Court Jester.

In the movie, the poison starts out NOT in the chalice from the palace, which gets broken, then Danny Kaye's character has to re-learn where the poison now isn't placed. sorry for the "old guy" moment!
No problemo, I get em all the time!:-)
SNKBYT 06:32 AM 03-25-2010

ooops old guy on meds moment....:-)
CasaDooley 12:25 PM 03-25-2010

No problemo, I get em all the time!:-)
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
ooops old guy on meds moment....:-)
Pretty soon we'll have to change this from "Famous Movie Quotes" to "Famous Old Farts Mistakes" but...I think we should wait until Peter shows up!:-)
landhoney 12:46 PM 03-25-2010
Landhoney, you need to give us a new quote from a different movie to replace the one you guessed (since "Treacherous road..... is also from Murder by Death)
Gotchya', here goes:

"Our last interrogation will be something of a gamble. But if it succeeds....we'll know"
Demented 06:50 AM 03-26-2010
"Our last interrogation will be something of a gamble. But if it succeeds... we'll know"
Murder On The Orient Express.

"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me"
icehog3 09:00 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by Demented:

"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me"
Serenity.

"Son, you got a panty on your head."
OLS 10:19 AM 03-26-2010
Haha, Raising Arizona.

"SERPENTINE Shel, SERPENTINE..."
This is actually mentioned in a Cable series a year or so back, extra points if you can get em both.
One of the truly great movies I have seen in my life.
SvilleKid 04:00 PM 03-26-2010
Pretty soon we'll have to change this from "Famous Movie Quotes" to "Famous Old Farts Mistakes" but...I think we should wait until Peter shows up!:-)
I tell ya, I get no respect. What's a guy gotta do to get some respect around here?? (Said in my best Rodney Dangerfield voice) LOL!
SvilleKid 04:07 PM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Haha, Raising Arizona.

"SERPENTINE Shel, SERPENTINE..."
This is actually mentioned in a Cable series a year or so back, extra points if you can get em both.
One of the truly great movies I have seen in my life.
Sorry, can't come up with the cable series off my head. BUT...

Peter Falk is really an amazing actor!.. The original "In-Laws" with Falk and Alan Arkin Was by far funner than the remake with Michael Douglas. If anyone saw the newer one, and wasn't impressed (that includes me), you owe it to yourself to watch the original! Kinda cheesy in places, but other places you will laugh your arse off!

My movie quote: "No, sir. They want to get married." "Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast? "
Demented 08:06 AM 03-27-2010
"No, sir. They want to get married." "Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast?"
Father Goose.

"Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows."
SvilleKid 01:29 AM 03-29-2010
Originally Posted by Demented:
Father Goose.

"Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows."
Anyone........... anyone??? Someone should get this quote. Afterall, we are a bunch of guys, and Demented's quote is DEFINITELY! from a Guy Movie!!
Page 45 of 75
« First < 35434445 464755 > Last »
Up