Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 44 of 67
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Starscream 08:53 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
The new "Drama" forum reminds me of the "*****es" forum...and we all know what happened to that thread....
I almost forgot about that forum. :-)
No1der 08:53 PM 01-26-2009
Well we know what he did now here's what he should have done.

Allow everyone the oppertunity to just b!tch untill they were all b!tched out and tired.

Hell, the CS Clubhouse was perfect as only other Gorillas could read it anyway.

Why he would nix the clubhouse is beyond me and why he thinks it's a good idea to just try and hush people up is inexplicable for me.

Drama brings the trafic and that's what his advertisers want to see. If he had a brain he would have milked the drama for at least a few weeks. His Alexa rating would go up and his advertisers (who would never have seen most of the drama anyway) would be thrilled that they were getting their money's worth.

Cheers,
Rob
AAlmeter 08:55 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
When the good lord was passing out brains, I have no clue where JC was.

I so very reluctantly agree with you. :-)

Looking like its time that many will be bailing from that sinking ship.

Perhaps a good time to bring about a spirit of positivity here...instead of reminders of the down side of the overall community.

Possibly even a constitution of sorts of what CA and the mods will never become...to give everyone some reassurance about privacy and the sacredness of the "BOTL-ness" that gave rise to both CS and CA

I just cannot express my sadness with this situation...I've been only partially active for 2 years, but have frequently PMed Jon with unpaid advice that he sought after on how to run the show. He followed none of it, and treated all like ****. I'm patiently waiting to be banned based on a PM I sent him. Very sad indeed, especially coming from someone who fully supported him (I knew nothing of him as a person, or his other dealings).
pnoon 09:05 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:
I so very reluctantly agree with you. :-)
:-)
AAlmeter 09:08 PM 01-26-2009

Every hero needs a protagonist. At least your title is easy to pronounce! :-) :-)
No1der 09:11 PM 01-26-2009
There were so many ways to handle all of this and he picked the absolute worst of all options.

I'm really not all that sad about it if I'm to be honest.

We have CA, which I'm very happy to be a part of.

CS is gone,
Eventually pVff will be gone.
And as they say in my parts of the intertubes, nothing of value was lost.
After all, we're all here and that's all the Club Stogie I need.

Cheers,
Rob
pnoon 09:12 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by AAlmeter:
Every hero needs a protagonist. At least your title is easy to pronounce! :-) :-)
I've been told by many members here that it is actually pronounced poon - the first "n" is silent. :-)
Starscream 09:13 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by No1der:
And as they say in my parts of the intertubes, nothing of value was lost.
I'd say we lost a lot of vauable things. Not necessary things, but valuable and treasured things. Posts that no longer belong to us, Louie, not to mention kwagga and kumarusc.
Da Klugs 09:14 PM 01-26-2009
To quote a wise man's usage of the quote in a similar situation....

"I got a really good deal on my car insurance today"

and

Adam making Peters day ... brotherly act of the day. :-)
AAlmeter 09:14 PM 01-26-2009
I've been told by many members here that it is actually pronounced poon - the first "n" is silent. :-)

Where are the mods in this joint? I thought the word poon was banned around here....lascivious, what do you have to say about this word?!?
piperman 09:15 PM 01-26-2009

That's what I always thought, sorry my bad.:-)
No1der 09:17 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'd say we lost a lot of vauable things. Not necessary things, but valuable and treasured things. Posts that no longer belong to us, Louie, not to mention kwagga and kumarusc.
You're missing the sentiment. A forum is only as great as it's users and all our treasured users are over here.

This is the internet, forums come and go, they don't really matter. What matters is the people that bring those boards to life.

So we don't have Louie, we'll come up with something better. So we don't have those posts? Ok, what good are they to a dead board like puff? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Cheers,
Rob
No1der 09:21 PM 01-26-2009
I'm surprised that nobody came up with the domain name "The Stogie Club" that's not exactly the kind of thing that can be copyrighted.

Cheers,
Rob
Starscream 09:23 PM 01-26-2009
You're missing the sentiment. A forum is only as great as it's users and all our treasured users are over here.

This is the internet, forums come and go, they don't really matter. What matters is the people that bring those boards to life.

So we don't have Louie, we'll come up with something better. So we don't have those posts? Ok, what good are they to a dead board like puff? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Cheers,
Rob
Those are necessary things. I agree with you there. Yes we have them and they are the most important. I'm talking about treasured things, like old memorabilia, and photos. When your house burns down, you're foremost concern is your family and finding a new home. We have a new home and most of the family is here, however we will never get back all of the sentimental things that remind us of the old days. All the pictures of the wedding, the kids growing up, the family reunions, and the old antique family heirlooms are gone. We have what is important, but a tear is still shed for the sentimental things.
Starscream 09:25 PM 01-26-2009
Chalk up another honest question to the Drama forum.
No1der 09:27 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Those are necessary things. I agree with you there. Yes we have them and they are the most important. I'm talking about treasured things, like old memorabilia, and photos. When your house burns down, you're foremost concern is your family and finding a new home. We have a new home and most of the family is here, however we will never get back all of the sentimental things that remind us of the old days. All the pictures of the wedding, the kids growing up, the family reunions, and the old antique family heirlooms are gone. We have what is important, but a tear is still shed for the sentimental things.
Well, I'm with you on that one. I too shed a tear over the memories but everyone I made those memories with are over here and there's nothing stopping me from making new memories.

Finally, and this part is debatable, the price of admission to watch an asshat sink lots of cash into a complete failure of a board was Louie. I can photoshop a new picture of a Gorilla squeazing the life out of a fish if you'd like. That second part is partly humor but also carries some truth to it.

Cheers,
Rob

Edit: Remember fellow Gorillas, there is nothing on the old CS that can't be replicated to a huge degree over here. For those who are not b& from fish cove, why not go and backup your old posts and we can certainly put them here. As long as you are the one who made that post means that those are your words and you can repeat them till the sun goes down.
Starscream 09:30 PM 01-26-2009
I can photoshop a new picture of a Gorilla squeazing the life out of a fish if you'd like.
AD720 09:33 PM 01-26-2009
http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/questi...-intended.html
Another thread moved to

...so much for answering honest questions.

I've had about all I can take for one night.

Tomorrow WILL be a better day.
Starscream 09:35 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I've had about all I can take for one night.

Tomorrow WILL be a better day.
AAlmeter 09:39 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
4 years on CS...had the e-mail account 9....Mr Funny Man!! :-)

I had my rant, and I am over it, Adam. Sorry again to all the inmates for my 15 minutes of drama. Sincerely.
Don't sweat it Tom. I only had 10 years there...and now I've been put on hiatus. Geez...its not even like I have a big mouth or anything!
Page 44 of 67
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
Up