Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 44 of 129
« First < 34424344 45465494 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
SilverFox 04:00 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I lost 1.6 pounds a week for however long it took, Shawn. Then I just stopped. Ran out of fat. Now I have a little on the gut, but I lost it all on my back and everywhere else.
50 pounds of fat is a wheelbarrow full. Can't believe I was lugging that much extra around.
I tried to get back to working out by going to Physical Therapy, but it just exasperated my back problems. So I'm back to doctoring (not that I've ever stopped).
It's all coming together slow but sure.
Time takes time, brother. Be patient and listen to your doctor. Don't hurt yourself when all you need to do is be patient. Give your body time to acclimate. It needs it. :-)
It'll all come off. You're too stubborn for it not to. :-)
Hell Scott were you talking to him........... I swear that is word for word quote what he said to me this morning.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:50 AM 01-28-2010
Well I said my goodbye to alcohol last night (for a while at least). I'll probably have some the week before Lent, but I'll abstain for now.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 11:43 AM 01-28-2010
Good luck Andy!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:06 PM 01-28-2010
I'm anxiously awaiting to hear Shawn's results for the end of the month. Almost here!:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 02:37 PM 01-29-2010
Haven't had time to look through all the latest posts but here's my update.

After 3 weeks + in camp with active work I'm down around 10lbs.

Hope I can keep this up, and hope everyone else is doing well.
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:34 PM 01-29-2010
Ian!:-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 04:41 PM 01-29-2010
Good Job Ian.

Andy I think you will find that without the booze things will progress a little quicker.

I personally have never wanted a Guinness so bad in my life :-)

Keep it up amigo.

Shawn
[Reply]
Starscream 09:02 PM 01-29-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:

I personally have never wanted a Guinness so bad in my life :-)
I know the feeling, and it's only been two days.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 12:18 PM 01-30-2010
When I go to camp, there is no alcohol allowed. That helps, as long as I can keep myself from making up for it on my days off. :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 08:16 AM 02-01-2010
Well it was a great month.

I lost 22.5 lbs in January. Would have been more but it was poker night on Saturday and I let myself have a few Guiness and damn if there wasn't hot wings there plus nachos with fresh homemade guacamole.

But right back to the grind. I don't think I can hit over 20 again this month my routine is pretty intense and to do that would mean close to a 2,000 caloric deficit a day for the month.

My expectations are to lose another 10 to 15 and keep up the good habits I have started.

My cardio is through the roof and I have reached the point where my legs give out before my cardio limit has been reached............not a bad thing but it means limiting my time for cardio.

My strength has been coming up very well as I continue with resistance training (weights). As an added bonus my lower back which has been phucked ever since my car accident two years ago has never felt better, I have been slowly adding more back exercises in to test it and make sure i don't overdo it and so far all is good.

Funny I look in the mirror and I don't have a clue where the 22.5 lbs went I look the same to me.............feel a hell of a lot better.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:29 AM 02-01-2010
That is friggin' outstanding, Shawn!
[Reply]
Scottw 11:21 AM 02-01-2010
Awesome work Shawn. I was 223 this morning down from 239 so that's 16 pounds in 19 days. Pants are looser, tummy's flatter, the "you know what" looks bigger, I like this!!
Haven't had a sip of Alcohol in three weeks come tomorrow but I think that is going to change next Sunday during Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:25 PM 02-01-2010
You guys are killing me! Keep it up! I've only lost eight, but still working on it.
Good job, Scott!:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 01:13 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
You guys are killing me! Keep it up! I've only lost eight, but still working on it.
Good job, Scott!:-)
No more Papa John's brother!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:39 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by Scottw:
No more Papa John's brother!:-)
Did that b/c it was free. Otherwise I'd never eat it. Sometimes money outweighs fitness and health.:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 02:41 PM 02-01-2010
Did that b/c it was free. Otherwise I'd never eat it. Sometimes money outweighs fitness and health.:-)
Amen, I hear you on that my friend. You'll do great, skipping the booze is a HUGE step in the right direction.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:35 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Amen, I hear you on that my friend. You'll do great, skipping the booze is a HUGE step in the right direction.
I hate to say it, but I feel better, more energetic, lately that I haven't had any booze for about a week.
[Reply]
SilverFox 08:22 PM 02-01-2010
I hate to say it, but I feel better, more energetic, lately that I haven't had any booze for about a week.
Yup

I only had three Guinness and crappy food on Saturday night and Sunday I could feel it. Seems my body likes good for you food and no booze.

Good thing the cigars and pipe don't seem to bother me...............there is only so much a man can do.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:34 AM 02-03-2010
No change this week.:-)
I ate right and cut out alcohol, but only exercised on one day. Gotta step up the exercise...
[Reply]
Scottw 11:02 AM 02-03-2010
Down another pound today. Andy, even if you can squeeze in 30 minutes of exercise it would help a great deal. I am doing 35 minutes on my elliptical after work and am going to move it up to 45 soon. I could only do 10 minutes 3 weeks ago when I first started. My future goal is to do 30 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes at night.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 129
« First < 34424344 45465494 > Last »
Up