Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 44 of 351
« First < 34424344 45465494144 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Guitarman-S.T- 07:07 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
I love Oktoberfest "season"!!!

Nice pick-ups Tony!! :-)
i may have to try some in october haha, Cause i just tried a Paulaner, not sure if it was slightly skunked... or not but it didnt impress, Another thing i have noticed is Hefe Weizen's.. When there on, there ON! but when you get a 6 pack from 06' lol etc sitting in broad day light, Skunked beyond belief... Ouch, Much as well get a Michelob haha:-)
landhoney 07:56 AM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
New Glarus Imperial Saison (part of the unplugged line).

Freak'n Great!
That sounds awesome. :-)
Jbailey 01:31 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
That sounds awesome. :-)
I plan on grabbing a few more 4packs before they are gone for ever. This is whats printed on the bottle.
"Our Imperial Saison captured a bold celebratory shout of apricot and peach in a bottle. Both bright and bold this is a lively truly living beer. Bottle conditioned with rare Belgian yeast and soured to illuminate its copper hued body. Ginger and Grains of Paradise promiscuously dance with Styrian Golding hops. Wipe winter from your brow and enjoy now or attempt to resist its siren song and lay down in your cellar."

Great beer Seth!
GeauxLSU78 02:21 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
Boddingtons Pub Ale. Creamy and very tasty. :-)
Boddingtons is fantastic. Just pouring watching the head form as your pour the beer is exiting. More importantly the creamy texture and flavor of the beer make it a fantastic summer beer.
landhoney 02:29 PM 08-19-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I plan on grabbing a few more 4packs before they are gone for ever. This is whats printed on the bottle.
"Our Imperial Saison captured a bold celebratory shout of apricot and peach in a bottle. Both bright and bold this is a lively truly living beer. Bottle conditioned with rare Belgian yeast and soured to illuminate its copper hued body. Ginger and Grains of Paradise promiscuously dance with Styrian Golding hops. Wipe winter from your brow and enjoy now or attempt to resist its siren song and lay down in your cellar."

Great beer Seth!
I can brew that. :-):-) I may give it a shot though, been a long time since I've brewed a saison. Too long.
jlaker 05:51 AM 08-20-2009
Really into the Fat Tire Mothership Wit, right now. I like the hint of cloves it brings to my palate. I also like to a nice Bell's Oberon from time to time as well
HawkEye19 06:22 AM 08-20-2009
Had a Southern Tier Pumking last night. Still not sure how I feel about that one.
bleedingshrimp 12:49 AM 08-22-2009
Originally Posted by HawkEye19:
Had a Southern Tier Pumking last night. Still not sure how I feel about that one.
I think it's pretty damn unbelievable....but then again I like Southern Tier. I'm really liking their Creme Brulee and Mokha stout right now!
cricky101 07:09 PM 08-22-2009
I was at one of my favorite local "beer bars" last weekend and had a Kolsch style beer. I'd never had it before. Never even heard of it before, actually.

It was brewed by a local brewery (Summit) and it was definitely different. VERY dry - nearly like a dry champagne. I liked the flavor but had a hard time getting past the dryness.

The bartender did a good job of explaining the history of it, though.
rocksteady133 02:48 PM 08-23-2009
I have been on a redhook long hammer ipa kick for a little while
yourchoice 03:03 PM 08-23-2009
Been loving Smutteynose IPA the last few weekends.
newcigarz 08:39 AM 08-24-2009
will definitely be picking up more SA Octoberfest. I really enjoy this years offering.
replicant_argent 08:45 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by cricky101:
I was at one of my favorite local "beer bars" last weekend and had a Kolsch style beer. I'd never had it before. Never even heard of it before, actually.

It was brewed by a local brewery (Summit) and it was definitely different. VERY dry - nearly like a dry champagne. I liked the flavor but had a hard time getting past the dryness.

The bartender did a good job of explaining the history of it, though.
New Summit beer? Whats the name of it?
I love Summit beer.
A man has to have a favorite, right?

I have had a few Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzens in the past couple of days, very good as well.
HawkEye19 11:37 AM 08-24-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I love Summit beer.

I have had a few Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzens in the past couple of days, very good as well.
It's the first beer from their "unchained" series. It's just simply, Kolsch.
cricky101 11:37 AM 08-24-2009
edit: I'm too slow...

Just did a little research and apparently the new Summit kolsch I had is part of a one-off series of beers. Each brewer In the company gets to brew their chosen style and kolsch was one. It's called the "Unchained Series."

Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I love Summit beer.

Guitarman-S.T- 04:38 PM 08-27-2009
questioning opening my last Paulaner Hefe- Weizen Min keg.. or finished off my Hobgoblin Dark English Ale... Boddingtons... or Beamish...

AH! must make room for October/fall beers...

Any recommendations?
Mr.Maduro 06:08 AM 08-28-2009
Originally Posted by volfan:
Always been a fan of Belgian beers. Always been a fan of Stouts. Just had a Belgian stout named Troubador Obscura. One of the most unique stouts I have ever had and you could barely taste the 8+% abv.

Having an Affligem Trippel now.

scottie
You could taste beers but not cigars... :-)

:-)
Dunkel 08:46 AM 08-28-2009
Birthday beers that will be flowing today are Franziskaner Heffe Weissens, Samuel Smith both Nut Brown Ale and Oatmeal Stout, a large bottle of Ommegang Abbey Ale. MMMM Belch! :-)
Skywalker 09:55 AM 08-28-2009
I had a 24 of Fat Tire Amber Ale last night!!!

I love the stuff!!!
:-)
hornitosmonster 02:45 PM 08-28-2009
Tried some Firestone Walker IPA and DBA and it was good.
Page 44 of 351
« First < 34424344 45465494144 > Last »
Up