Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 43 of 104
« First < 33414243 44455393 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
357 05:40 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
I'm not quite sure about that last penalty, but I guess we'll take the win no matter how we can get it. Wings probably would have won it anyway, it was their turn to get the next goal. :-)

I'm ready for the next round!
The replay showed the new guy on the ice played the puck before the guy who was coming off was off the ice = too many men penalty. Had he not played the puck, no penalty.

Like you said the Wings would have probably won anyway, but I'll give Columbus some credit. They didn't go down without a fight. All too often the 4th game in a sweep is a cakewalk once the series leader gets a 2 goal lead.

Anyway, bring on the next series.
ahc4353 06:43 AM 04-24-2009
LETS GO RANGERS! clap clap clapclapclap
jamesb3 07:04 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I can agree to that and I'll say it again

Have had a soft spot for the Rangers ever since Shanahan played there. I was bummed they didn't take him back. Because I hate the Devils to much to root for him there!
taltos 07:06 AM 04-24-2009
Good luck Rangers.
ahc4353 07:06 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:

Have had a soft spot for the Rangers ever since Shanahan played there. I was bummed they didn't take him back. Because I hate the Devils to much to root for him there!
Amen.
icehog3 08:03 AM 04-24-2009
Go Capitals. :-)
ahc4353 09:43 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Right.
loki 09:51 AM 04-24-2009
Right.
left
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:05 AM 04-24-2009
Tom, are you going to game 5 on saturday?
bugmenot 10:36 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I can honestly say I am embarresed to call the sharks my team this year more than any other. The presidents trophy winners are lucky they were not swept in this first round. While I m holding out hope they willl make a miracle come back, what I saw tonight makes me nearly 100% sure it will be at max a 6 gme series.

Listening to ice cap tonight on xm radio even they were almost laughing at the sharks and searching for ways to basically not say the team is a joke. Good make it to the playoffs. Great teams find a way to win. Big players step up when it counts. Today the cptain of the sharks played 17 minutes with ZERO shots on next. Focking ZERO!!!!
Joe Thorton was a -3 and played scarred nd stupid. I play with beer leaguers who would not have made some of the passes I saw him make tonight.

At the end of the second period I went to the gym. I told my wife 4 or 5 to zero. I was right. Time to trade some guys. Every year we in San Jose get sold the same line of BS about how last year they learned a lot and learned what it takes. Nope yet again.

I can run down the list of players from the past two seasons who either didnt resign like Brian Campbell or who were traded because they were allegedly didnt have the heart Steve Bernier who are on playoff teams and doing good things. Something is very wrongin that locker room and some people need to be traded. I have every belief though once gone they will play better. Not even sure I will buy season tickets next year. Nine years as a STH and I know every year the post season will suck. Guess it could be worse guess I could be a sabres fan. bwhahahahahahah
That game was pathetic. First period was ok, not great, but ok. Midway through the second period, I knew the series was over. It seems every year with the Sharks they get to this point where they don't give a crap, and they play with no heart. I can't begin to understand how you can't have the drive to be the best when you clearly have the talent. Throughout the season, I was thinking this may be the year, but I always had the though in the back of my mind that it was the Sharks, so be prepared.

I thought they would have learned, especially after how the dominated the first half of the season, and then still did decent with all the injuries at the end. They didn't learn, and I don't think they will. Granted, the Ducks are a much better team than their 8th seed shows, but the Sharks are playing like ****. If they would loose playing their best, I wouldn't care, and would say that the better team won, but that isn't the case.

I'm kind of happy they didn't keep Campbell, as I believe Boyle is a much better defenseman, both offensivly as well as defensivly. Having said that, who do they trade? I really like the third line, as to me they show the most drive and emotion. Going to be a long and interesting offseason that is for sure. They showed the GM on the tv, and he had the same look on his face that I did; it was a what the hell do I have to do to make them play?

Oh well, time to root for the Hawks.
icehog3 02:35 PM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Tom, are you going to game 5 on saturday?
No tickets yet, and I won't pay outrageous money...but I am still working on tix tonight. :-)

Right.
Exactly.
smokeyandthebandit05 06:30 PM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:

I'll do it for ya! GO DEVILS!!!:-):-):-):-)
ahc4353 06:41 PM 04-24-2009
OMG! :-). : bh
jamesb3 08:57 PM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I'll do it for ya! GO DEVILS!!!:-):-):-):-)
:-)
alley00p 09:54 PM 04-24-2009
What in the Hell happened to the Rangers tonight? :-) We were so bored watching the Pistons get spanked again that we started watching the hockey game at the B&M.

Ahbroody 10:04 PM 04-24-2009
Maybe sitting avery was the wrong thing to do.
Could they possibly blow another 3-1 series lead?

Ranger fans may be gripping pretty hard tonight.
icehog3 10:27 PM 04-24-2009
loki 01:43 PM 04-25-2009
this one line clearly shows where nbcs loyalties are "our sponsors may not like that we've got 7 minutes without a stoppage..."
icehog3 03:26 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
this one line clearly shows where nbcs loyalties are "our sponsors may not like that we've got 7 minutes without a stoppage..."
Gotta pay the bills to provide the thrills. :-)
loki 03:36 PM 04-25-2009
Gotta pay the bills to provide the thrills. :-)
i'd rather not have them cover it...nbc is the cremosa of coverage
Page 43 of 104
« First < 33414243 44455393 > Last »
Up