Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 43 of 53
« First < 33414243 4445 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
Blueface 08:52 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Now they get to be swept by the Yankees. :-)
:-)

Well, one down, two to go.

YANKEES!!!
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:31 AM 10-08-2009
Now they get to be swept by the Yankees. :-)
I sincerely hope not. Yes, The Evil Empire won game one against an exhausted team but I'm rooting for anyone vs. the Yankees.

On another note, there are going to be a lot of very tired people in New England tomorrow after watching the Sox - Angels game, which does not start until about 10:00 PM Eastern time.
[Reply]
yachties23 11:26 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
I sincerely hope not. Yes, The Evil Empire won game one against an exhausted team but I'm rooting for anyone vs. the Yankees.

On another note, there are going to be a lot of very tired people in New England tomorrow after watching the Sox - Angels game, which does not start until about 10:00 PM Eastern time.
It's very difficult for fans of east coast teams when on west coast road trips.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:34 PM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
And I'm rooting for the rats at that firetrap Fenway to attack the Rod Sux and give them the Black Plague.

[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:28 PM 10-08-2009
Dodgers won a real nail biter. Cardinals are only one game away from being eliminated.
[Reply]
yachties23 07:39 PM 10-08-2009
Anybody wanna tell me what Halladay was doing still in the field in a 1 run game?
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:40 PM 10-08-2009
Dodgers looked good tonight...so did Wainright. Shame for him to not get the one after the way he pitched.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:48 PM 10-08-2009
I think Torre borrowed some of the Yankee ghosts.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:35 PM 10-09-2009
The Yankees WIN! :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 09:44 PM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
The Yankees WIN! :-)
I was in the car and heard Sterling stumbling over the call... Nice win Joe, we may not have a game to watch Monday night.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:49 PM 10-09-2009
Great win for the Yankees.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:58 PM 10-09-2009
The Angels take a series lead 2-0 over the Red Sox. Score of 4-1 tonight. The Red Sox offense is non-existent scoreing 1 run in 18 innings.
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 04:59 AM 10-10-2009
Great win for the Yankees.
Yeah, I hear that they bought the ump that was 10 feet away from the fair ball that bounced out in left field that Mauer hit as well.

It must feel really great to have the best paid ball players and umps in the whole league.

OH WELL, at least I know that even though the Twins lost, they are actually there to play the game and not try to see how much money they can make.

Not over yet, we'll see what we'll see I guess.

Jeter is really the only yankee I can respect, so you have me there.

Forgot to add... there were as many bad calls at the plate for both sides it wasn't even funny.
[Reply]
jackpete 05:19 AM 10-10-2009
I'm very excited for this match.Plz let me know who won this match.Eagerly waiting for the result.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:23 AM 10-10-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
Yeah, I hear that they bought the ump that was 10 feet away from the fair ball that bounced out in left field that Mauer hit as well.
Jeter is really the only yankee I can respect, so you have me there.
How in the hell does he miss that call???? I agree with you on Jeter...he is the only Yankee (IMO) that I would pay to watch.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:23 AM 10-10-2009
I also agree that the strike zone was insaine last night.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:47 AM 10-10-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
Just like the Twins bought the ump that was one foot away from Inge? :-)

There's a human element to the game, umps miss calls, everything happens super fast, deal with it. It's a part of the game. Maybe if the Twins had produced when they had runners in scoring position, or maybe made less bonehead mistakes in the field it wouldn't have gone to extra innings. But they did, paid for it, and the Yanks played better ball and won.
[Reply]
SmokinDuck 12:20 PM 10-10-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Just like the Twins bought the ump that was one foot away from Inge? :-)

There's a human element to the game, umps miss calls, everything happens super fast, deal with it. It's a part of the game. Maybe if the Twins had produced when they had runners in scoring position, or maybe made less bonehead mistakes in the field it wouldn't have gone to extra innings. But they did, paid for it, and the Yanks played better ball and won.
True, but it makes me feel better blaming the umps. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:50 PM 10-10-2009
I suspect the Baseball Gods had more to do with that game last night than the umps did. Mo gives up a weak bleeder that finds a hole, and Twins fans go nuts - a 2-run lead now and only three outs to get. Sic 'em, Nathan - show them what a closer is!

Smack, BOOM, game tied.
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 12:53 PM 10-10-2009
Rockies/Phils cancelled today. :-)
[Reply]
Page 43 of 53
« First < 33414243 4445 > Last »
Up