Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 43 of 82
« First < 33414243 444553 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Partagaspete 03:26 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Throw in Tavares and you got a deal! :-)
No he is goin to Toronto according to thier slanted media. But I throw in Rolston, reasoner, and Motteu.
Partagaspete 03:29 PM 02-27-2012
Blackhawks just got f****d by the officials in Toronto, and didn't even get a reach-around. :-) :-)
Certain Teams get away with all kinds of stuff and Toronto is the # 1 team that the zebra's allow to get away with stuff. Other teams like the Isles get screwed. I am a very fair at assesing penalties even for my own team (i.e. not just a homer). this is why there was that Debacle against the Pens last January. THe team said if the officials won't help us we will take care of it ourselves...
Bruins Fan 03:55 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Certain Teams get away with all kinds of stuff and Toronto is the # 1 team that the zebra's allow to get away with stuff. Other teams like the Isles get screwed. I am a very fair at assesing penalties even for my own team (i.e. not just a homer). this is why there was that Debacle against the Pens last January. THe team said if the officials won't help us we will take care of it ourselves...
I feel your pain it's open season on the Bruins,things are going to change they get no calls I would say they got a green light from the league? Joe Corvo isn’t happy about the flying elbow he absorbed from Kyle Turris and called him out in the paper and is going to exact some frontier justice tomorrow night.
If Corvo don't get him someone else will.
Partagaspete 04:34 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I feel your pain it's open season on the Bruins,things are going to change they get no calls I would say they got a green light from the league? Joe Corvo isn’t happy about the flying elbow he absorbed from Kyle Turris and called him out in the paper and is going to exact some frontier justice tomorrow night.
If Corvo don't get him someone else will.
Original six usually, I say usually get the calls in favor overall. Not that I ***** to much about it last year was ridiculous and this year is not much better. That seemed a bad hit. I would say at least a penalty maybe even a 10 min. but suspension??? depends on his history which I do not know very well at all. BTW I want Chara back on LI. why the F did we trade him. Oh yeah because MM is a douche and ran the Org into the groung. what a dick.
icehog3 05:10 PM 02-27-2012
I cannot believe the Canucks traded Hodgson to Buffalo for Kassian. I know Kassian is big with decent skills, vut I think Cory is a potential star. Hope it comes back to bite them.
Partagaspete 05:15 PM 02-27-2012
I cannot believe the Canucks traded Hodgson to Buffalo for Kassian. I know Kassian is big with decent skills, vut I think Cory is a potential star. Hope it comes back to bite them.
need now vs. what will be in the future is my guess.
icehog3 05:21 PM 02-27-2012
need now vs. what will be in the future is my guess.
I think Hodgson is better than Kassian right now.
Partagaspete 06:58 PM 02-27-2012
Understood. But maybe they don't...
44stampede 07:16 PM 02-27-2012
I hear Gragnini is pretty good. I dislike the Canucks though so would love to see it bite them in the arse.

Flames stand pat...(yawn). Pretty indifferent to this actually (Sort of like the entire Flames org.)
icehog3 11:11 PM 02-27-2012
Understood. But maybe they don't...
Obviously, Tony. :-)

Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I hear Gragnini is pretty good. I dislike the Canucks though so would love to see it bite them in the arse.

Flames stand pat...(yawn). Pretty indifferent to this actually (Sort of like the entire Flames org.)
I got just two words for you...Olli Jokinen. :-)
44stampede 12:01 AM 02-28-2012
Obviously, Tony. :-)

I got just two words for you...Olli Jokinen. :-)
Ouch. Yeah that one sucked. Still feeling the effects from it. His second coming has actually worked out very well though. Became more of a complete centre than trying too hard to be a goal scorer. For 3 million not bad. For 5.5 and the first round pick, not so good.
icehog3 12:12 AM 02-28-2012
Well, the Flames are still primed for a run at the post season, so you gotta be happy with that, Brett.
E.J. 07:13 AM 02-28-2012
Avs win again & I actually was able to watch it.

After giving up that late goal in the 2nd, I wondered how they'd come out in the 3rd....and it was ON FIRE!

Good to see Duchene out there and this Downie character, 5 games and 7 points with the Avs....NICE! Landeskog is playing amazing....who knows, maybe they will sneak in.

I'm sorry to see Winnick go, I really liked him. Not to say I didn't like TJG, but I thought Winnick was under-appreciated. I don't know anything about McGinn, but like what I am hearing/reading.

GO AVS!
icehog3 08:25 AM 02-28-2012
McGinn is solid, and Downie was a nice pick-up, E.J.
Ahbroody 10:03 AM 02-28-2012
McGinn trade is tough. As a Sharks fan hate to see him go. He was playing very well and is a stud. The PK was horrid though and this trade was made to attempt fix it. Not sure who won this one if anyone. One things for sure. The Sharks are sucking hard and they had to do something to shake things up a bit.
44stampede 06:51 PM 02-28-2012
Well, the Flames are still primed for a run at the post season, so you gotta be happy with that, Brett.
At the end of the day this is true.

I still would prefer that they unloaded some vets and tanked some to get a better draft position. That isn't always the best answer for sure but some of us are pretty tired of the maddening mediocrity of these guys. Good enough to battle for 8th but not bad enough to build something worth while.

8th is better than 9th or 10th.

We all can't be Detroit :-)
Ahbroody 11:12 PM 02-28-2012
Winnick was awesome in his Sharks debute getting third star tonight.
Game got extremely chippy at the end.
Bruins Fan 04:18 AM 02-29-2012
Bruins shut out for fifth time in February,the team looks dead, flat, lazy.
All you have to do is for-check them ,no push back not a fun team to watch at the moment.
44stampede 11:57 PM 02-29-2012
Blues still rolling.
icehog3 12:02 AM 03-01-2012
Hawks got a much needed win. Fell behind by two goals in the first, pulled Crawford and put in Emery for the second, and scored 4 straight. Much needed win.
Page 43 of 82
« First < 33414243 444553 > Last »
Up