Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 352
« First < 32404142 43445292142 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
hikari 01:53 PM 04-23-2009
No they are still legal - PreBan mag's

but you can not put them in a gun thus making it an assault weapon
so you need a preban weapon also.

need both peaces of the puzzle.

:-)
white_s2k 02:11 PM 04-23-2009
Looking for some advice on on an aftermarket stock for my Remington 810 12-gauge shotgun. I bought the pistol grip version for home protection, and love the mobile-ness of it, but would like to add a stock to it in case I want to take it out anywhere. I've been looking at the Knoxx SpecOps which seems to have gotten some good reviews:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Spe...k,1157,165.htm

Anyone have any other recommendations? Trying to stay under $100 shipped.

Thanks
Junior 02:29 PM 04-23-2009
Here is a less expensive version of the stock, but I have learned one thing over the years. You get what you pay for.
Roland of Gilead 04:11 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
Please exuce this question but....Is "SAR" the proper name for a Romanian AK47?
It's a Model of Romainian AK.

This one is mine.

-Mark.
BigAl_SC 04:50 PM 04-23-2009
What site are you all picking up ammo at? Need both 223 and .40 S&W.
BC-Axeman 06:33 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC:
What site are you all picking up ammo at? Need both 223 and .40 S&W.
I like natchezss.com. Good luck with stock.
macms 06:50 PM 04-23-2009
This may be helpful.

http://www.ammoengine.com/
replicant_argent 07:19 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by macms:
This may be helpful.

Dang, I must have bumped Fred not too long ago, can someone hit him for me for this link?
BigAl_SC 01:23 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by macms:
This may be helpful.

Thanks, This led me to the right sites........
lostark374 01:47 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by hikari:
No they are still legal - PreBan mag's

but you can not put them in a gun thus making it an assault weapon
so you need a preban weapon also.

need both peaces of the puzzle.

Not a completely accurate statement. As long as the gun is configured correctly its is perfectly legal to use a preban standard capacity magazine as long as the magazine was purchased before the ban and not altered in any way to not fit in a firearm it is made for.

there are flow charts and tons of info available to us kalifornia gun guys. pm me for info
357 06:50 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by lostark374:
Not a completely accurate statement. As long as the gun is configured correctly its is perfectly legal to use a preban standard capacity magazine as long as the magazine was purchased before the ban and not altered in any way to not fit in a firearm it is made for.

there are flow charts and tons of info available to us kalifornia gun guys. pm me for info
I'm glad we don't have to deal with ban/pre-ban anymore at the federal level. Although, I'm sure as I type this our current administration is writing an even worse piece of gun banning legislation.
Tombstone 07:12 AM 04-24-2009
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517699,00.html

Time for the gubment to tax nails and ban nail guns. Funny how this happened in Australia.:-):-)
Sauer Grapes 07:26 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517699,00.html

Time for the gubment to tax nails and ban nail guns. Funny how this happened in Australia.:-):-)
Funny how they exaggerate there like they do here and call it a "high powered" nail gun.
bonjing 08:37 AM 04-24-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Looking for some advice on on an aftermarket stock for my Remington 810 12-gauge shotgun. I bought the pistol grip version for home protection, and love the mobile-ness of it, but would like to add a stock to it in case I want to take it out anywhere. I've been looking at the Knoxx SpecOps which seems to have gotten some good reviews:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Spe...k,1157,165.htm

Anyone have any other recommendations? Trying to stay under $100 shipped.

Thanks
I like my SpecOps, i have the recoil reducing model on my 590. Seem well made. I haven't done a lot of shooting with it yet, but it's held up so far. I've shot about 500rds of mix 2 3/4" - 3" shells. If you're looking at other options, it will cost you more but i do like the speedfeed style stocks, they can also be found at midway.
TheManWithNoName 07:10 PM 04-26-2009
Glad to say I took my Florida CWP class today, so now just have to get printed and send it all in when I turn 21 in a few weeks... so still a bit to wait with the 90-day period it can take, but at least I'm on my way!
elderboy02 08:41 PM 04-26-2009
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName:
Glad to say I took my Florida CWP class today, so now just have to get printed and send it all in when I turn 21 in a few weeks... so still a bit to wait with the 90-day period it can take, but at least I'm on my way!
Congratulations!
replicant_argent 08:47 PM 04-26-2009
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Congratulations!
floydpink 08:51 PM 04-26-2009
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName:
90 days?? Good luck. I am on a gun forum and the average wait is over 120 days with or without electric prints.

Florida Dept of Agriculture is way understaffed and since the flood of over 90,000 applicants after the election, they are buried in a pile of apps.

There is a rumor they lifted the 90 day issue statute, which I am not sure is legal.

Best thing to do is prepare yourself for a long wait and get a good gun, holster, and practice a lot and get familiar with all the laws of conceal carry.

After 90 days, if you call the dept and demand a supervisor and let it be known you are familiar with the statute, you may be able to get it around 110 days.

In any event, congrats on getting the wheels turning to become another responsible Floridian who carries daily.

My Smith 38 Airweight is never left home.
stitch 09:10 PM 04-26-2009
And This is why I love Arizona!
Open carry without permit :-)
Carry in vehicle without permit :-)
Concealed carry class, 8 hours, one time
Permit takes less than 60 days
Permit is good for 5 years :-)
Renewal, Just send the state $60. ...No renewal classes
TheManWithNoName 09:27 PM 04-26-2009
Thanks for the congrats guys, glad to join the club!

Originally Posted by floydpink:
90 days?? Good luck. I am on a gun forum and the average wait is over 120 days with or without electric prints.

Best thing to do is prepare yourself for a long wait and get a good gun, holster, and practice a lot and get familiar with all the laws of conceal carry.

After 90 days, if you call the dept and demand a supervisor and let it be known you are familiar with the statute, you may be able to get it around 110 days.
Good info there, I'll hope for the best. All that sounds like good advice, and pretty much what I'll be doing. The instructor didn't seem to know about the backlog, but I figure his job was to instruct, not to keep up on the current state of the application process. Anyway thanks for the heads-up. :-)
Page 42 of 352
« First < 32404142 43445292142 > Last »
Up