Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 67
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
MedicCook 07:23 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I log on under the same account both here and at work. So if another guy at work became a member and logged in at work, wouldn't that be seen as two accounts from one address (seen as multiple accounts)?
It could. I had a small messageboard a few years ago and I had different people that worked for the same company and they had the same IP address.
Asher 07:23 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Is membership the real number or is it site hits? If I was an advertiser I would wanna know what kind of daily "hits" / "views" his site gets. If that's the case anyone who goes to check the drama just helps his cause.
If he's really using the number of members as a selling point for advertisers, knowing full well that some of the accounts are deliberately inaccessible, then he may be committing fraud.
architeuthis 07:27 PM 01-26-2009
I'm reading and following what's going on with all this. I think it's gonna be historic, and many years from now I can tell all the grand-Squidlets how "I Was There During The Great Cigar Forum Wars"...
chippewastud79 07:29 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Asher:
If he's really using the number of members as a selling point for advertisers, knowing full well that some of the accounts are deliberately inaccessible, then he may be committing fraud.
Legally or just because he is a tool? Because if it is a legal issue I would love to see him get sued for deceiving the masses. :-)
chippewastud79 07:30 PM 01-26-2009
Al's thread asking about the bans and the scrambling of member passwords has promptly been closed. Don't even think about going against the company line. :-)
VirtualSmitty 07:34 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Al's thread asking about the bans and the scrambling of member passwords has promptly been closed. Don't even think about going against the company line. :-)
Yep, that's the solution to everything over there now, just close the thread. I swear, in the little time i've spent browsing puff.suck i've seen more threads closed in a week than I ever saw in the years the old mod crew ran the show. Remember when we could talk about things and discuss gripes openly? Try that now and your thread will be closed faster than you can say boo :-)
ahc4353 07:39 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Puff Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Drama starter - http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...ml#post2135508

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will request it never be lifted.

If you can't tell the truth it's not my kind of place.
HK3- 07:42 PM 01-26-2009
I tried to be removed and they wouldn't allow it? :-)
piperman 07:44 PM 01-26-2009
Do we have any internet Lawyers in the house.....There has to be some type of crime there. :-)
MedicCook 07:46 PM 01-26-2009
I just happened to come across this picture... I think it may be fitting.

Starscream 07:47 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I just happened to come across this picture... I think it may be fitting.

:-):-)
King James 07:55 PM 01-26-2009
I cannot believe what is going on over there. Thebest thing that can be done is boycott viewing that site..... Even if everyone wants too see the trainwreck
Posted via Mobile Device
Da Klugs 07:57 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
Do we have any internet Lawyers in the house.....There has to be some type of crime there. :-)
Naa just a crying shame is all.

Being a little... more vintage than most here, thought a little observation that parallels my life might be in order.

Helped build a business for another back in the late 80's thru the 90's. Went from 2mm to 50mm. 30 employees to 400. Started in sales and had a hand in bringing in the growth in good people and business. Ended up as president. There were significant character issues with our owner that culminated in my getting fired on a Monday after returning the previous day from a ski trip with some of the team. Worst day of my life. Over the next month most of the team quit. Sat out their non- competes and starved for 18 months.

Today we own and run a business together that is bigger and better than the one we left. Everyone is better off and happier than we ever were or could have been. Trial by fire forges strong bonds.

Weird the parallels in our lives at times. From the worst of things can spring the best of things.
av8tor152d 07:59 PM 01-26-2009
I asked Jon to delete my account, I refuse to give the site a number in membership. Now it's real easy to not get caught up in the drama there. Thanks to all who make this a place to enjoy.
Starscream 07:59 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Naa just a crying shame is all.

Being a little... more vintage than most here, thought a little observation that parallels my life might be in order.

Built a business for another back in the late 80's thru the 90's. Went from 2mm to 50mm. 30 employees to 400. Started in sales and had a hand in bringing in the growth in good people and business. Ended up as president. There were significant character issues with our owner that culminated in my getting fired on a Monday after returning the previous day from a ski trip with some of the team. Worst day of my life. Over the next month most of the team quit. Sat out their non- competes and starved for 18 months.

Today we own and run a business together that is bigger and better than the one we left. Everyone is better off and happier than we ever were or could have been. Trial by fire forges strong bonds.

Weird the parallels in our lives at times. From the worst of things can spring the best of things.
What happened to the old boss, Dave? Did he go under?
ks92xj 07:59 PM 01-26-2009
I cant stand to watch it any more
white_s2k 08:00 PM 01-26-2009
Jon re-opened Al's thread and posted the following, then of course immediately relocked it:

"One more comment on this. Icehog and Daklugs have both in their own words expressed to me that they do not wish to return. If that changes they have my email address and they can email me. Case closed."

So.. first it was that they were not banned. Now their ban is open to negotation? :-) I'll say it again, Class A Jackass.
King James 08:01 PM 01-26-2009
Well put, Dave. I do not see CA as the one who will be hurting in the end
Posted via Mobile Device
ahc4353 08:04 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Jon re-opened Al's thread and posted the following, then of course immediately relocked it:

"One more comment on this. Icehog and Daklugs have both in their own words expressed to me that they do not wish to return. If that changes they have my email address and they can email me. Case closed."

So.. first it was that they were not banned. Now their ban is open to negotation? :-) I'll say it again, Class A Jackass.
:-) I guess Silverfox's is non negotiable.

I only spoke the truth. It's sad when the truth is gaged.
VirtualSmitty 08:09 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by white_s2k:

I especially liked how he failed to address why they had problems accessing the site to begin with. Nope, no explanation just case closed :-)
Page 42 of 67
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
Up