Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 350
« First < 32404142 43445292142 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
smitdavi 02:28 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Congrats David, you can do it!
Think I may try it tonight...just slap 2 45lb plates on each side and then hope for the best :-)
Chris. 04:22 PM 01-14-2009
todays workout consisted of:
Warmed up with 6 miles on the bike
sumo squats- 70x8, 85x8x2
split squats- 30x10x4
db press- 45x8x3
squats where you hold a bar bell over your head and press it to your chest and back up(if you know the name please tell me)-45x10x3 sets each(squat and press)
squats while holding a 25lb weight plate over my head to warm up before the previous exercise- 25x2
single arm db press-20x10x4
behind the back shrugs- 60x10x3
bent over row/shrugs with a 70lb curl bar- 70x8x3

I was feeling pretty good today. My arms and shoulders were beat by the time I got to those single arm db press. on the second set I was starting to have a hard time. lol
BigFrank 06:43 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Think I may try it tonight...just slap 2 45lb plates on each side and then hope for the best :-)
good luck with that!

Training around a nerve issue in my neck, it is affecting my left side. Hoping it is just a pinched/aggravated nerve and not a disc issue. Still training hardcore, just making sure my form is "extra perfect".
Damn Tom, that really sucks bro. Maybe a little time off would do ya some good. I dont think your arms will shrink too much :-) :-) :-)

Late workout post but w/e
Tues pulled 505 for 7 reps nothing else notable. Off nite for me, Military / Assistance day tomorrow. I think I might bump my training to 5 days a week again.
smitdavi 06:58 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
good luck with that!
Wasn't feeling it tonight...just ended up doing my regular workout. Might try it on Monday
Sanitariumite 10:47 PM 01-14-2009
Ok, so I'm really impressed with the N.O. Vassive. The focus I get from this stuff is absolutely unrivaled. Last night I took it, and ended up not going to the gym (I forgot that I had promised my roommate that I'd hit the bars with him for his birthday.) I kept noticing an effect almost like tunnel vision where I would be so intensely focused on the tv, the conversation, etc. that I was completely blocking out everything else around me. When I'm at the gym I try to keep it to business, and not distract myself so I've never really noticed the focus enhancements that you're supposed to get from this stuff, or WF. But after taking it, and not being in a place where I'm used to being relatively focused to begin with, I noticed a very serious difference in my ability to zone in on something. It's just starting to kick in and it's leg day, so I'm about to head out, but I'm VERY happy with the N.O. Vassive so far. It gets better every time I take it.
BigFrank 06:15 PM 01-15-2009
maybe they put a little adarol ( sp? ) in it. LOL that would be funny, but probably effective...

Tonights Boring Workout.
Mil Press Standing-245x10
Shrugs + Plate Raises
Laterals + Chins
Neck Work

Squats tomorrow, then maybe some arms sat.
smitdavi 06:22 PM 01-15-2009
Hey guys...what are your suggestions for working on definition
BigFrank 06:34 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Hey guys...what are your suggestions for working on definition
Cut Calories first. Then increase reps and shorten rest time between sets. Personally I wouldnt go on a all out nasty diet, just cut a little calories and turn your workouts up a notch. More reps and less rest between set will help. Trick is to drop a little weight and keep the muscle. That is the quick answer I guess. Also you could be holding a lot of water too.

Give that sometime if no improvements continue to cut calories then add a little cardio.

What does your diet / training look like now?
smitdavi 06:41 PM 01-15-2009
Cut Calories first. Then increase reps and shorten rest time between sets. Personally I wouldnt go on a all out nasty diet, just cut a little calories and turn your workouts up a notch. More reps and less rest between set will help. Trick is to drop a little weight and keep the muscle. That is the quick answer I guess. Also you could be holding a lot of water too.

Give that sometime if no improvements continue to cut calories then add a little cardio.

In respects to the diet, I've been trying to eat better. Eating alot of fruits, veggies, salads, low fat ground beef/steak, pasta, etc... Just trying to cut out the fatty junk. My workout mainly consists of upper body stuff (curls, upright rows, bench, wide grip incline, shoulder shrugs, flys, etc...) Been doing this since about August. Picked up quite a bit of muscle, just would like to tone it up a little bit. My first inclination was to drop the amount of weight and do more reps, but I wanted to make sure first.
cvm4 06:09 AM 01-16-2009

This definitely works for me if I shorten my rest time to 30 seconds or a minute.
GhostRyder 01:35 PM 01-16-2009
Shorten rest time, but increase cardio. Nothing adds definition like cadio. When I was training for my race this summer/fall I replaced a lot of my lifting sessions with cardio. I lost some bulk but became really defined. A little too skinny for my liking, but if I hadn't cut the gym out completely that probably wouldn't have happened. If you increase intensity (ie minimize rest) and add in some cardio you'll be fine.
BigFrank 01:37 PM 01-16-2009
I wouldnt add any cardio at first. Cardio is easy to add. Diet should be number one.

Diet
workout
cardio
cvm4 02:00 PM 01-16-2009
I wouldnt add any cardio at first. Cardio is easy to add. Diet should be number one.

Diet
workout
cardio
I agree with you 100% here. I noticed shortening the rest time and eating healthier had been feeling and looking better. I might cardio, H.I.I.T., twice a week if I can get it in.
King James 02:02 PM 01-16-2009
heading to lift now... hope it goes well
BigFrank 02:15 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
heading to lift now... hope it goes well
same here enjoy.
:eevis 05:01 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by cvm4:
I agree with you 100% here. I noticed shortening the rest time and eating healthier had been feeling and looking better. I might cardio, H.I.I.T., twice a week if I can get it in.
I have been doing HIIT 3-5 times a week and I love it Just a 25 min session 3 days a week, and a couple others if I feel like sneaking them in while i watch College B-Ball
BigFrank 08:28 PM 01-16-2009
Leg Officially Destroyed.
475x5 500x5 525x7
Box Squats
Leg Ext

Been playing around with different ways to wrap my knees. Found one way that makes my legs numb, and another that makes my calves feel like they are going to explode...I think I may have to pick up the 3 meter knee wraps.
icehog3 08:26 AM 01-17-2009
Leg Officially Destroyed.
475x5 500x5 525x7
Box Squats
Leg Ext

Been playing around with different ways to wrap my knees. Found one way that makes my legs numb, and another that makes my calves feel like they are going to explode...I think I may have to pick up the 3 meter knee wraps.
Awesome set, Frank! :-) :-)

I am off in a few to rip up some upper body.
Genetic Defect 09:33 AM 01-17-2009
order was put in today, maybe this will help
Combo: SciVation Workout Nutrition Stack, Watermelon Xtend/Berry VasoCharge
Controlled Labs REDuction
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
BigFrank 11:03 AM 01-17-2009
Awesome set, Frank! :-) :-)

I am off in a few to rip up some upper body.
have fun with that! i hope you are not going to be like the other guys at my gym and perform 50 sets for biceps hahahaha!!! :-)

Originally Posted by Big Vito:
order was put in today, maybe this will help
Combo: SciVation Workout Nutrition Stack, Watermelon Xtend/Berry VasoCharge
Controlled Labs REDuction
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Nice stack there, please let me know how the Sci combo works.

Did a little assistance / bicep work today. Nothing exciting.
Page 42 of 350
« First < 32404142 43445292142 > Last »
Up