Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 54
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Blueface 03:29 PM 08-19-2010
Got my free "bumper" today.
I actually like it a lot.
Took off my Belkin and am using the bumper now.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:43 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Got my free "bumper" today.
I actually like it a lot.
Took off my Belkin and am using the bumper now.
I got it yesterday as well. So far I really like it. I'm mostly excited that I actually have a cover on it now. I've been so paranoid of dropping it with all of the horror stories of the backs cracking.
[Reply]
bonjing 07:27 PM 08-21-2010
got an iphone yesterday, gf's actually, and was wondering if the gps navigation apps use up the data plan?

-eta-

what's the best way to listen to itunes without having a aux jack in the car?
[Reply]
MiamiE 09:21 AM 08-22-2010
What case has everyone been ordering as their free one?
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:22 AM 08-22-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:
got an iphone yesterday, gf's actually, and was wondering if the gps navigation apps use up the data plan?

-eta-

what's the best way to listen to itunes without having a aux jack in the car?
The actual GPS itself won't, but by default you will be using data unless you are in a hotspot because it has to populate the map.
[Reply]
Chingas 03:42 PM 08-22-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
What case has everyone been ordering as their free one?
I ordered an received the InCase that's clear. I didn't find out until I got it that it only a 3/4 case. No protection in the front. Good thing I already got a shield for it.
[Reply]
MiamiE 03:58 PM 08-22-2010
Check this out regarding the free cases.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/bac...t-worst-picks/
[Reply]
Yardgnome 04:16 PM 08-22-2010
Speck’s PixelSkin HD is the one I ordered, I made my choice the first day of the program and if I remember correctly it should get here around the end of September. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep the phone if there is not a fix for the Proximity sensor, it has caused me a lot of issues.
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:25 PM 08-22-2010
What's the proximity sensor issue? I'll take your case if you do decide to sell it.
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:18 AM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
What's the proximity sensor issue? I'll take your case if you do decide to sell it.

From ZDNet

The proximity sensor in the iPhone 4 is what tells it how close the phone is to your face so that it can turn the touchscreen off while you’re making a phone call. This has the effect of a) saving battery power, and b) preventing inadvertent touches of the screen by your face.

The problem is that the proximity sensor in the iPhone 4 is on a hair trigger. It’s either not sensitive enough, miscalibrated or both.

I have had this issue happen to me. It is no reason to throw the new iphone away, but I will be happy when it is fixed.
[Reply]
Yardgnome 02:36 PM 08-23-2010
It might be the way I hold the phone, but the sensor rarely works on mine, I end up muting people or facetimeing them at least once every 10 minutes.

I think most of the issue is in the new placement, on the older phones it is where the front camera is now, on IPhone4 it is above the speaker.
[Reply]
AD720 12:50 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
To qualify for this program, you must purchase your iPhone 4 by September 30, 2010.

This is very interesting. What happens on Sept 30th? :-)

New hardware design - iPhone 4.5? :-) Or do they sell all manufactured stock and then that's it until iPhone 5...very interesting.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...er-sept-30.ars
[Reply]
Bigwaved 06:10 AM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Seeing as it's legal to JB now, I assume there will be a 4.0.2 compatible break coming soon
the next jb will be for 4.1. The smaller updates usually are skipped due to the time it takes to break the code.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 09:59 AM 09-06-2010
I'm running 4.1 which has the fix for the proximity sensor. It's MUCH better now. No more face buttons or sudden speakerphone. I'm pleased.
[Reply]
ir13 11:02 PM 10-09-2010
FYI, 4.1 Jailbreak was released.

www.limera1n.com

Windows only ATM but linux and OSX to be released soon.
[Reply]
goalie204 06:55 AM 10-10-2010
got my iphone4 finally on tuesday after not being able to find one for so long. Nice plan with rogers too, i love it, its fantastiC! my first smart phone :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:54 PM 10-20-2010
Apple released a beta version of their Facetime software for use on Mac.

You can use it to Facetime call between desktops and compatible iphones and ipod touches.

http://www.apple.com/mac/facetime/
[Reply]
goalie204 03:35 PM 10-20-2010
To jailbreak or not to jailbreak that is the question. I actually did it, and then i reversed it because i loaded too much crap and messed something up and got annoyed, but its my own fault. Trying to decide if i wanna be a jaiilbreaker or use vanilla ios.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:45 PM 10-20-2010
There are pluses and minuses for both Myles. Almost the first year I had my 3GS I saw no reason to jailbreak. I really liked the UI and it did everything I needed it to do. Then when I decided I wanted my phone to do a little more I weighed the pro's and con's of jailbreaking and decided it was worth the risk.

Now I can't imagine having a non-jailbroken version of my iPhone 4. From Lockscreen cydgets to BiteSMS, tethering, SBSettings, Installous, Winterboard etc etc etc. I literally couldn't imagine my iPhone without them.
[Reply]
pektel 03:52 PM 10-20-2010
That's too much technology. I have no idea what any of that stuff means lol.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 54
« First < 32404142 434452 > Last »
Up