Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 104
« First < 31394041 42435191 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
SmokeyJoe 09:38 PM 04-22-2009
The Hawks tie it up!
bugmenot 09:42 PM 04-22-2009
Flames are letting them back in.... Must have taken lessons from the sharks!

Hoping the sharks can play like they did last night. Nabakov has been their best player the past playoffs, and he needs to step up now. Too many goals that could be stopped.
jamesb3 09:45 PM 04-22-2009
WOW! 4-4 just like that. Tom must be going crazy!
Bigwaved 10:26 PM 04-22-2009
The Caps look frustrated. :-)
jamesb3 10:41 PM 04-22-2009
'Hawks lose, sorry Tom.
jamesb3 10:42 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
The Caps look frustrated. :-)
Sure did. Rangers looked like they were the 2nd seed.
icehog3 11:17 PM 04-22-2009
Couldn't finish off the comeback....still a nice effort, as long as the home team wins every game in this series, I am OK with it....especially since I have tickets to Game 7 if it goes that far. :-)
SmokeyJoe 11:59 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Couldn't finish off the comeback....still a nice effort, as long as the home team wins every game in this series, I am OK with it....especially since I have tickets to Game 7 if it goes that far. :-)
Iginla had a great game... but I don't think he can carry the Flames much further. You gotta feel good about the Blackhawks chances.

Hope you see a great game Friday! :-)
Ahbroody 12:40 AM 04-23-2009
The Hawks Flames series is by far the best first round series. I assumed it would be Sharks Ducks do to bad blood. That has not materialized and strangely the Sharks are out hitting the Ducks. This Hawks Flames series is a beauty though. Tons of big hits and a lot of chatter. Expected to see some fights, just not happening. Great series though.
Bigwaved 06:21 AM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Sure did. Rangers looked like they were the 2nd seed.
The King needs to stand on his head one more time. Staal sure has matured.
icehog3 07:29 AM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Iginla had a great game... but I don't think he can carry the Flames much further. You gotta feel good about the Blackhawks chances.

Hope you see a great game Friday! :-)
I am not fretting about the Hawks yet, I think they will have a more solid effort in Game 5...but it would have been much more comfortable coming home with a 3-1 series lead, Joe! :-)
bugmenot 11:39 AM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
The Hawks Flames series is by far the best first round series. I assumed it would be Sharks Ducks do to bad blood. That has not materialized and strangely the Sharks are out hitting the Ducks. This Hawks Flames series is a beauty though. Tons of big hits and a lot of chatter. Expected to see some fights, just not happening. Great series though.
I agree about the Hawks/Flames series, as it has been the most exciting by far. They keep the tempo up the whole game. I'm hoping that one goes seven.

I'm not too surprised about the hitting in the Sharks/Ducks games. While I think they have a ways to go, the Sharks have come a long way from the team that will back down when the hitting starts. I think between the hit last year against the Flames, and the new coach, they have corrected that. Murray has managed to hit a lot, and at the same time not be out of position all the time.
romwarrior 12:38 PM 04-23-2009
Yeah, the CHI/CAL series has been great. Last night's games was a nice back and forth game. I still don't see how the Flames can compete with the skill level of the Hawks but the playoffs are not always about skill. I hope this series goes the full seven games, but I really hope the Hawks win it for the man from Douchebagistan. :-)
icehog3 01:20 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
I agree about the Hawks/Flames series, as it has been the most exciting by far. They keep the tempo up the whole game. I'm hoping that one goes seven.

I'm not too surprised about the hitting in the Sharks/Ducks games. While I think they have a ways to go, the Sharks have come a long way from the team that will back down when the hitting starts. I think between the hit last year against the Flames, and the new coach, they have corrected that. Murray has managed to hit a lot, and at the same time not be out of position all the time.
I would be more relaxed if it were "Hawks in 6"! :-)

Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Yeah, the CHI/CAL series has been great. Last night's games was a nice back and forth game. I still don't see how the Flames can compete with the skill level of the Hawks but the playoffs are not always about skill. I hope this series goes the full seven games, but I really hope the Hawks win it for the man from Douchebagistan. :-)

Thanks Brett! :-)
ahc4353 02:20 PM 04-23-2009
If you need a smile.

Sound on?

Click

and

Click
cigarusmaximus 05:04 PM 04-23-2009
Flames in six baby! Can you feel the intimidation kicking in yet???

It's not always about the most skilled...and all this from a Flames squad that is without a few key regulars. Can't wait for Regehr and Borque to get back into the lineup :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 06:51 PM 04-23-2009
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devils lead 1-0
taltos 07:00 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
If you need a smile.

Sound on?

Click

and

Click
Thanks Al.:-)
dubnick 07:13 PM 04-23-2009
Flyers up 2 - 0.

Hoping they can win out... would be a first for the franchise. Coming back from a 3 -1 hole.
smokeyandthebandit05 07:53 PM 04-23-2009
Devils still 1-0 with 2:35 left to go in the 3rd
Page 41 of 104
« First < 31394041 42435191 > Last »
Up