Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 54
« First < 31394041 424351 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
white_s2k 12:41 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:
I just noticed that 4.0.2 update is out.
If you jailbroke your phone DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.0.2, it will un-jb your phone and you won't be able to revert back.
[Reply]
Chingas 12:46 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
If you jailbroke your phone DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.0.2, it will un-jb your phone and you won't be able to revert back.
Thanks for the warning. I won't update. Are we missing anything outlandish in this update?
[Reply]
sikk50 01:01 PM 08-13-2010
No it was just for some type of security issue from what I've read but Apple hasn't really disclosed what.
[Reply]
rack04 01:02 PM 08-13-2010
I'm not brave enough to jailbreak.

Originally Posted by sikk50:
No it was just for some type of security issue from what I've read but Apple hasn't really disclosed what.
The update was to close the PDF Exploit thus rendering JailbreakMe useless,
[Reply]
newcigarz 01:11 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Thanks for the warning. I won't update. Are we missing anything outlandish in this update?
The only reason for the update was the security issue with .pdf. This was the issue that allowed the new iphones to be jailbroken.

iOS 4.0.2 Update for iPhone and iPod touch
FreeType

CVE-ID: CVE-2010-1797

Available for: iOS 2.0 through 4.0.1 for iPhone 3G and later, iOS 2.1 through 4.0 for iPod touch (2nd generation) and later

Impact: Viewing a PDF document with maliciously crafted embedded fonts may allow arbitrary code execution

Description: A stack buffer overflow exists in FreeType's handling of CFF opcodes. Viewing a PDF document with maliciously crafted embedded fonts may allow arbitrary code execution. This issue is addressed through improved bounds checking.

[Reply]
white_s2k 01:15 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
The only reason for the update is to close the "security hole" that allowed JailBreakMe to work.
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:18 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by rack04:
I'm not brave enough to jailbreak.
No harm in jailbreaking. If something happens, simply plug your phone into iTunes and restore to your most recent backup.
[Reply]
rack04 01:21 PM 08-13-2010
No harm in jailbreaking. If something happens, simply plug your phone into iTunes and restore to your most recent backup.
Guess I'll wait until the 4.0.2 jailbreak is available.
[Reply]
AD720 01:32 PM 08-13-2010
You can still Jailbreak on 4.0.2 as long as it's not an iPhone 4 (from what I understand).
[Reply]
sikk50 01:39 PM 08-13-2010
Seeing as it's legal to JB now, I assume there will be a 4.0.2 compatible break coming soon
[Reply]
rack04 03:18 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Seeing as it's legal to JB now, I assume there will be a 4.0.2 compatible break coming soon
It still voids the warranty.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 05:02 PM 08-13-2010
When are they going to fix the proximity sensor issue? That my only real grip anymore with the 4. The death grip has been more manageable with the best skin ever on it and the case is on the way, but the proximity sensor is still the sucks.
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:11 PM 08-13-2010
Also, be sure to backup your SHSH blobs via Firmware Umbrella or Cydia, that way you can always jailbreak your phone using the 4.0/4.01 firmware.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:57 PM 08-13-2010
:-) Got my otterbox case and absolutely love it. Best case I've owned.
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:31 AM 08-14-2010
Got my free case in from Apple today. Pretty cool, I think I like it better than the Belkin Case I had already purchased. Comes with a little stand to set the phone in when watching videos, etc

[Reply]
Blueface 11:58 AM 08-14-2010
Tony,
Is that a hard case or soft as the Belkin?

While I don't think it will be an issue with the new iPhone due to the back being the same type of material as the screen, I still have nightmares of what my InCase did to my 3. Any dust that accumulated between the plastic and the phone acted as if abrasives and scratched and chipped the heck out of it.
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:16 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Tony,
Is that a hard case or soft as the Belkin?

While I don't think it will be an issue with the new iPhone due to the back being the same type of material as the screen, I still have nightmares of what my InCase did to my 3. Any dust that accumulated between the plastic and the phone acted as if abrasives and scratched and chipped the heck out of it.
It is more of a ridgid case than the belkin.
[Reply]
MiamiE 01:14 PM 08-14-2010
The only case I am waiting to get is the Speck Candyshell. I ordered the Speck Pickelskin as my free case.
[Reply]
landhoney 09:52 AM 08-19-2010
I need to get a case for mine, haven't decided yet but I have the really good Invisi Shield on the front and back now.

BTW, I love this phone, just amazing, but I'm coming from having my little Zoolander flip phone. :-) So take my view with a grain of salt.

Facetime is awesome, just blown away with how cool it is, especially with Elli now traveling for work more. :-)

So far, so awesome!
[Reply]
Starchild 02:18 PM 08-19-2010
I just got my iphone 4 on Monday. I was still rocking the original iphone, but it stopped being able to connect to the internet, which took out my voice mail. After exhausting all the possible fixes, they decided it was just a problem with the phone, which was, of course, out of warranty. I did some sweet talking, and got them to offer me 50% of an upgrade to the 16G 4! :-)

Ordered it Wednesday, it showed up Monday!. This thing is sweet! Such an improvement over the original.

I picked up a Griffin hard case while I wait for my free one.

The only negative is that the upgrade lost me my grandfathered unlimited data plan :-)
[Reply]
Page 41 of 54
« First < 31394041 424351 > Last »
Up