Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 350
« First < 31394041 42435191141 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Genetic Defect 07:42 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They might get a six-pack, but if they don't diet it will still be covered in a layer of fat.
true I have a keg on top of my six pack
King James 08:36 PM 01-07-2009
Good workout today..... next few days off until Monday. Then start more football specific stuff on top of lifting to get ready for season
icehog3 11:44 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Good workout today..... next few days off until Monday. Then start more football specific stuff on top of lifting to get ready for season
Good workout today for me, shoulders and arms. I have training tomorrow so I can't lift, but I have a hockey double header so I guess I will get my cardio. :-)
jquirit 11:46 PM 01-07-2009
Okay, you folks are an influence. Not saying good or bad, just that you are. :-)

Started getting serious about getting into better shape and I think I have worked out a good enough routine to get there. I based it off some advice I got from Frank a long time ago and started adapting it for what I have available.

Monday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + chest/tri
Tuesday: heavy cardio (45 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. 1-1 (run-rest) x10 @ 6mph, 1-2 x5 @ 7mph. Includes 5 min of warm up/down)
Wednesday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + legs
Thursday: See Tuesday
Friday: cardio (35 minutes on elliptical) + back/bi
Saturday/Sunday: Whatever walking I can get in around the park

Frank will probably yell at me that it's not enough cardio on Tuesday/Thursday, but I am completely gassed by the time I do the 5th run @ 7mph. Good stuff though.
BigFrank 03:27 AM 01-08-2009
Only thing I would suggest would be to do cardio after working out. And take thurs and at least one weekend day off. Maybe toss a little shoulders in there somewhere. Give your body ample rest time.

Remember, 23:1.

You spend 1 hour in the gym doing everything right, and you have 23 other hours to mess all your work up.
BigFrank 07:44 PM 01-08-2009
Boring assistance day as usual.
225x8 standing mil press
random other assistance exercises.
DavenportESQ 08:34 PM 01-08-2009
When you guys talk White Flood are you using the powder or the pills?
Genetic Defect 08:40 PM 01-08-2009
I use the powder, there should be no difference between the two.
Mugen910 08:55 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by jquirit:
Frank will probably yell at me that it's not enough cardio on Tuesday/Thursday, but I am completely gassed by the time I do the 5th run @ 7mph. Good stuff though.
Try slowing down Jon. Maybe you'll have more in the tank so Frank won't be mad. :-)
Sanitariumite 11:06 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
When you guys talk White Flood are you using the powder or the pills?
I used the drink when I took it regularly, but as far as potency and ingredients, I think they're identical. I'm pretty sure the tabs are more money per serving, but If I get back on WF I'd be willing to pay more for that, as I hate hitting the gym with a stomach full of liquid sloshing around.
BigFrank 05:31 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
I used the drink when I took it regularly, but as far as potency and ingredients, I think they're identical. I'm pretty sure the tabs are more money per serving, but If I get back on WF I'd be willing to pay more for that, as I hate hitting the gym with a stomach full of liquid sloshing around.
I can agree with that. Luckily the little bit of water doesnt bother me too much. I just try to workout between meals...

Tonights workout
Squats
420x5 - 465x3 - 505x5 - 555x3
Box Squats
Leg Ext
Abs

Well tonights workout was unreal. Hit my weight +4 reps on my 1 RM. Felt very smooth and easy. Loaded the bar up, blasted out 3 reps with a weight I have never had on my back before. Felt great.
Chris. 02:18 PM 01-11-2009
You are a monster Frank! I've got a long way to go...although I'm not looking to get quite that strong(big). lol
DavenportESQ 10:05 AM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I can agree with that. Luckily the little bit of water doesnt bother me too much. I just try to workout between meals...

Tonights workout
Squats
420x5 - 465x3 - 505x5 - 555x3
Box Squats
Leg Ext
Abs

Well tonights workout was unreal. Hit my weight +4 reps on my 1 RM. Felt very smooth and easy. Loaded the bar up, blasted out 3 reps with a weight I have never had on my back before. Felt great.
Great workout! I feel that squats are a lift that when you are feeling good, and in the groove you can blast some PR's

I had a sweet little workout this AM

Power Cleans(kilos)
100x5
110x4
110x3
120x3
130x2

Bench
225x5
250x4
275x4
315x4
365x3

Some other BS lifts....I love the in season workouts. Get good quality loading without maximizing volume. Felt really good today. Its gonna be a great season
BigFrank 01:37 PM 01-12-2009
Great workout! I feel that squats are a lift that when you are feeling good, and in the groove you can blast some PR's

I had a sweet little workout this AM

Power Cleans(kilos)
100x5
110x4
110x3
120x3
130x2

Bench
225x5
250x4
275x4
315x4
365x3

Some other BS lifts....I love the in season workouts. Get good quality loading without maximizing volume. Felt really good today. Its gonna be a great season
Definite on the squats. Nice power cleans. Think I might have to do some this week, been awhile. Very underrated lift.
King James 02:07 PM 01-12-2009
today was first day back to class...time to go lift some stuff
DavenportESQ 02:44 PM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Definite on the squats. Nice power cleans. Think I might have to do some this week, been awhile. Very underrated lift.
I love powercleans. For people looking to get a "full body workout" in a short amount of time these should be the number one exercise.

For most the motion of doing them with relatively light weight is enough of an exercise. :-)
BigFrank 04:27 PM 01-12-2009
I love powercleans. For people looking to get a "full body workout" in a short amount of time these should be the number one exercise.

For most the motion of doing them with relatively light weight is enough of an exercise. :-)
Agreed they always leave me huffing and puffing.

Tonights Workout...
Bench - 320x5 -355x5 - 390x6
Wasnt really feeling it tonight. I had someone spot me and at the second rep they said something in regards to my form. And I think it broke my concentration. After that It just felt heavy...:-)
Incline 375x3 meh
Dips - a bunch
Rope Ext - a lot
jquirit 07:01 PM 01-13-2009
Tonight's cardio went really well, outside of the really rough start. The first few intervals at 6 mph I was just not feeling it, but after that it all loosened up and everything was clicking. Even tore through the intervals at 7mph without too much difficulty.

Feeling invincible, I did one extra interval at 8mph. Felt like almost a full sprint but once I got into the rhythm it was like sailing... zip zip zip.. slowing down was the hard part.. almost ran right into the console then almost slid off the back of the treadmill! Fortunately, no accidents and all good for it.

Tomorrow is legs... go lunges!
smitdavi 07:23 PM 01-13-2009
Put up 190lbs 4x tonight at the end of my workout. Only 25lbs away from my bodyweight...I think I might be able to put up 215 once. That will be the first time I've been able to put up my body weight
icehog3 10:02 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Put up 190lbs 4x tonight at the end of my workout. Only 25lbs away from my bodyweight...I think I might be able to put up 215 once. That will be the first time I've been able to put up my body weight
Congrats David, you can do it!

Training around a nerve issue in my neck, it is affecting my left side. Hoping it is just a pinched/aggravated nerve and not a disc issue. Still training hardcore, just making sure my form is "extra perfect".
Page 41 of 350
« First < 31394041 42435191141 > Last »
Up