Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 111
« First < 31394041 42435191 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
newcigarz 10:02 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
It is on the shelves at Total Wine here, Tony. Y'all have those down your way? Not sure of the date. I can look when I get home if you like.
that is where I usually shop, but I have not seen it. :-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:14 PM 12-29-2010
Surly Darkness!! My favorite liquor store had a bottle squirreled away. 4pk Surly Abrasive Ale and Deschuttes Mirror Mirror. In freaking beer heaven.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:52 PM 12-29-2010
I was out earlier looking for that Ommegang that Dave scored. No dice. But I did pick up some local brews and a Stone

Dominion Brewery is the home of the original Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale, one of my first favorite IPAs from long ago, and whose brewmaster eventually left for Victory Brewing. Legend Brewing is a Richmond brewery with some excellent beers but only regional distribution. This barleywine is a special release--15% ABV, holy crap! Very tasty :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:54 PM 12-29-2010
Nice 15% Enjoying slaying that beast Gerard!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:55 PM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I was out earlier looking for that Ommegang that Dave scored. No dice. But I did pick up some local brews and a Stone

Dominion Brewery is the home of the original Tupper's Hop Pocket Ale, one of my first favorite IPAs from long ago, and whose brewmaster eventually left for Victory Brewing. Legend Brewing is a Richmond brewery with some excellent beers but only regional distribution. This barleywine is a special release--15% ABV, holy crap! Very tasty :-)
I was told by my local Total Wine that Dominion was no longer! I really enjoyed that particular stout. I am going back to make them re-order :-)
[Reply]
cricky101 08:44 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
Surly Darkness!! My favorite liquor store had a bottle squirreled away. 4pk Surly Abrasive Ale and Deschuttes Mirror Mirror. In freaking beer heaven.
Score! I haven't ever found Darkness in stores, but have a tradition with a friend where we hunt it down on tap after it's released each year and have a couple of glasses. :-)
[Reply]
GTS21 03:31 PM 12-30-2010
Some Brooklyn brewery black ops and Dogfish *****es brew
[Reply]
Bill86 03:37 PM 12-30-2010
Nice haul! I've heard good things about the black ops, let us know how it is.
[Reply]
b0rderman 05:28 PM 12-30-2010

woops, kinda washed out.

Left three bottles are Cantillon raspberry gueze, Cantillon Grand Cru and Birreria Troll Chestnut Ale (Italy).

Can't wait to try the BFM La Dragonne After Ski Ale...to be served "mulled like a hot wine"
[Reply]
Wanger 12:58 PM 01-04-2011
Here's what I picked up in Hudson last week. Quality over Quantity. :-)

[Reply]
awsmith4 01:00 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Here's what I picked up in Hudson last week. Quality over Quantity. :-)

Man I am impressed that you still found bitc*es brew!

Whats the other?
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 01:16 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Man I am impressed that you still found bitc*es brew!

Whats the other?
Looks Like a Three Floyd's Moloko Milk Stout
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:55 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Looks Like a Three Floyd's Moloko Milk Stout
Ah, thanks :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 06:08 PM 01-04-2011
Yup. Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout. The DFH B'Brew just came in at a store in Hudson. We got a call from them that they got some (1 case). Limited to 1 bottle each. :-) They also had DFH World Wide Stout, but it was $8.99/12 oz bottle, and just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm regretting that now. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:20 PM 01-04-2011
Three Floyds Moloko is good stuff. Nice haul.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:05 PM 01-04-2011
Last night I grabbed bombers of

Three Floyds Black Sun Stout x2
Three Floyds Alpha Klaus Christmas Porter x2
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:30 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Yup. Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout. The DFH B'Brew just came in at a store in Hudson. We got a call from them that they got some (1 case). Limited to 1 bottle each. :-) They also had DFH World Wide Stout, but it was $8.99/12 oz bottle, and just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm regretting that now. :-)
Our shelves are lined with WWS, but haven't been able to find a single bottle of B*Brew since it was first released--even though we're not more than 200 miles from the brewery. :-) Glad you could score one all the way out there in the midwest!
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:18 AM 01-05-2011
Our shelves are lined with WWS, but haven't been able to find a single bottle of B*Brew since it was first released--even though we're not more than 200 miles from the brewery. :-) Glad you could score one all the way out there in the midwest!
Yeah have not seen it here either and still no Ommegang Chocolate Indugence.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 12:04 PM 01-05-2011
I remember reading a release from Sam at DFH saying certain states on the "normal" release routes would not be getting the B-Brew, and I think I remember VA being on that list. Sorry you couldn't get any, the WWS didn't do much for me, but the B-Brew is fantastic. I've got one bottle cellared now, and would gladly buy more if I can find it.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:03 PM 01-05-2011
Picked up a four pack tonight on the way home:
[Reply]
Page 41 of 111
« First < 31394041 42435191 > Last »
Up