Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 41 of 82
« First < 31394041 424351 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Ahbroody 11:09 PM 02-21-2012
As a counter the wheels have fallen of the sharks wagon and someone just decided to throw a gernade in also to make sure it was nice and fugged
icehog3 11:09 PM 02-21-2012
Didn't see the game, Mike, just the score. Not good?
Ahbroody 12:47 AM 02-22-2012
I couldnt finish watching it. Thankfully I was at work.
Getting beat like that by one of the worse teams in the league is sad.
I think they are 1-4-1 on this trip. the only victory was the caps who had a minor league goalie in net. really they should be 0-5-1
GreekGodX 07:10 AM 02-22-2012
Good game last night Hawks vs. Wings. Thought the Hawks played scrappy and kept coming at the Wings, and it paid off.

Can't wait for Quincey to suit up for the next game! That will really tighten up the Wings D and give some insurance for when Lidstrom retires.
icehog3 10:00 AM 02-22-2012
Quincy was a real good pick-up for Detroit, Son. Hoping the Hawks follow suit before the deadline.
44stampede 07:18 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nice win versus the Flames, Derrek...6 goals by 6 players, and 3 point for Jordan. :-)

Hawks win their 4th straight, including beating the Rangers, Blues and Wings (without Toews). I think we are back on the right track, Crawford has looked much better the last week.
Nothing against the win as they deserved it but the Flames were icing half an AHL squad...

Tom, I hope there is zero truth to the rumor that Kane is being shopped. That kid is very, very good. These wins will probably silence those calling for change eh?
icehog3 08:02 PM 02-22-2012
Roenick started those rumors with his Big Bazoo, Brett, I don't think that Hawks have any intention of moving Kane at this point. :-)
44stampede 08:31 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Roenick started those rumors with his Big Bazoo, Brett, I don't think that Hawks have any intention of moving Kane at this point. :-)
Yeah I heard that too now that you mention it. JR...gotta love him
E.J. 11:52 PM 02-22-2012
Good to see the Avs get a win(2 points out of the 8). I was at a HS Hockey game, so didn't catch it, didn't even DVR it, but happy all the same.
Bruins Fan 06:23 AM 02-23-2012
Nice win for the B's last night snapping the Blues home winning streak and a great game to watch. Hopefully they will get things turned around?
We have no right wingers and have guys playing that should not even be in the NHL.
CJ shortened the bench and moved Krejci to wing he had a good game.I don't know what his problem is he got a new contract time to earn it.
B's need to get some help deadline is coming up Chiarelli says the asking price is crazy so we won't be getting any impact players?
Eleven 07:45 AM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
We have no right wingers and have guys playing that should not even be in the NHL.
Welcome to the world of the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last year and a half!
44stampede 07:33 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Welcome to the world of the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last year and a half!
Yeah. You poor bastards. Without one of those your forward lines suck... (insert sarcasm font)

:-)
44stampede 01:23 AM 02-24-2012
Tough loss there Tom. 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd. Ouch.
We lost to a hot Phoenix team. I swear those Coyotes and Nashville are bizarre. I don't understand how they win so much. On paper they are not horrible but certainly not impressive.
Wanger 07:44 AM 02-24-2012
Holy hell! The Wild won a shootout! I didn't think that was allowed!
Eleven 03:33 PM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Yeah. You poor bastards. Without one of those your forward lines suck... (insert sarcasm font)

:-)
This is what I was talking about

As of Feb 17th, the Penguins were #1 in the league in respect to Man Games lost per Game.

Boston on the other hand was 30th.
44stampede 08:06 PM 02-24-2012
This is what I was talking about

As of Feb 17th, the Penguins were #1 in the league in respect to Man Games lost per Game.

Boston on the other hand was 30th.
Just giving you a hard time man. I hear ya. Just totally jealous of the forwards on that team even depleted. I think Shero is one of the few very good ones out there.
Eleven 08:33 PM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Just giving you a hard time man. I hear ya. Just totally jealous of the forwards on that team even depleted. I think Shero is one of the few very good ones out there.
This time of year, I'm always wondering what the GM's will pull out of their hat. I lost confidence in Craig Patrick at the end, but yea, Shero seems to really have a feel for getting the exact pieces they need.

I'm also always hopeful that Columbus will do something right but they just seem to be a whipping boy of the NHL. And I don't think it will get better any time soon. Carter is now gone, Vermette is gone and most likely Nash will be gone. It's gonna suck there for a while :-)
44stampede 11:43 PM 02-24-2012
This time of year, I'm always wondering what the GM's will pull out of their hat. I lost confidence in Craig Patrick at the end, but yea, Shero seems to really have a feel for getting the exact pieces they need.

I'm also always hopeful that Columbus will do something right but they just seem to be a whipping boy of the NHL. And I don't think it will get better any time soon. Carter is now gone, Vermette is gone and most likely Nash will be gone. It's gonna suck there for a while :-)
Not sure they will last that long there in Ohio. I hear the attendance is horrible. Who could blame them with one playoff appearance in franchise history to which they got swept. Nash is going to get them a very nice return I think. Carters return was okay and could be good if they do anything with the pick. At least they got rid of the 10 year deal.
icehog3 12:14 AM 02-25-2012
If Columbus gets good players for Nash, and the #1 draft pick, hopefuly they can bring in some excitement and win back some of the fans.
Partagaspete 06:02 AM 02-25-2012
Excellent Game between the Isles and Rags. Nabby was in the zone and I liked the new kid Cizikas (sp?). Still have a few pieces to put together in the rebuild but our core is solid.
Page 41 of 82
« First < 31394041 424351 > Last »
Up