« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Sports>Official MMA Thread
yachties23 08:17 PM 09-14-2009
Predictions for tomorrow night

Nate Diaz via Submission (2nd Round)
Gray Maynard via GnP boring ass decision
Carlos Condit Via TKO (2nd Round)
Tim Creuder via Decision
Steve Cantwell Via Submission (2nd Round)
Mike Pyle Via Decision
CB Dallaway via crazy peruvian Necktie submission (3rd round)
[Reply]
kgoings 06:32 PM 09-16-2009
TUFF starts tonight, any wagers on if Kimbo makes it to the finals?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:35 PM 09-16-2009
Why would anyone wager when you can go to the spoiler sites and see who has already won. :-)

Fight Night is on and Quarry/Creuder was one hell of a great fight to start the night! A GREAT FIGHT! Quarry wins!

Watch live: http://www.justin.tv/wsn_admin2
[Reply]
goalie204 06:39 PM 09-16-2009
why do some ppl not get spike? :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:42 PM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
why do some ppl not get spike? :-)
Not at work. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 06:43 PM 09-16-2009
good point! :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 07:45 PM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Why would anyone wager when you can go to the spoiler sites and see who has already won. :-)

Fight Night is on and Quarry/Creuder was one hell of a great fight to start the night! A GREAT FIGHT! Quarry wins!

It was a great fight, but honestly I liked the Condit fight better. He always puts on a great show, and got jobbed in the Kampman decision, should be 2-0 in the UFC.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:03 PM 09-16-2009
When will they learn? Diaz has an amazing ground game.

Great fights!
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:20 AM 09-17-2009

PM me a link to the spoilers if you could :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 11:25 AM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
PM me a link to the spoilers if you could :-)
PM me a link to the spoilers too!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:07 PM 09-17-2009
Well, they don't actually say who won (lots of rumors) but they do infer that Kimblow does not. And he virtually confirms it here. http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...xperience.html

Wes Simms apparently got kicked off the show because he sneaked in an iphone and was posting spoilers. He posted that Kimblow loses in the first round of his fight. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1473563&page=1 His posts were deleted. He has been a member there since 2001.

Here are some rumors: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Ultimate...s-And-Spoilers
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:50 PM 09-17-2009
Could we please not post spoilers in the thread for people who actually like to watch the show? :-):-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:31 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Could we please not post spoilers in the thread for people who actually like to watch the show? :-):-)
Surely you didn't think Kimblow would win? :-) The rest is just rumor.

Dana White Very Upset With Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson
FightLine.com Staff

Season Ten of The Ultimate Fighter premiered tonight on SpikeTV, and the season is already the most anticipated yet. Part of the reason is the bad blood between this season's coaches, . The rivalry between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans was supposed to come to a head at UFC 107 in Rampage's hometown of Memphis, Tennessee this December, however those plans were thrown out the window after Rampage accepted the role of B.A. Baracus in the upcoming A-Team movie, a role immortalized by Mr. T. UFC President Dana White recently vented his frustrations at Rampage for dropping out of the fight on The DAM Morning Show, and made it clear that he wasn't happy with the former light heavyweight champion.

"I hate it," White bluntly admitted. "I hate it so bad, I can't even tell you how bad I hate it. I'm so mad at Rampage over this. Rampage is a guy that we've obviously taken under our wing the last few years. We really like him and have done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me, and pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy about it at all.

"You're gonna be a huge bonafide movie star with one role? They're not paying him jack. Okay? He's giving up literally millions of dollars to play Mr. T. If you think he's gonna go in and say 'I pity the fool' and he's gonna become a huge serious actor off that role, give me a friggin' break!"

White went on to admit that he felt hurt by Rampage, and is currently not speaking to him.

"I'm mad at Rampage right now," he stated. "Rampage is somebody that I consider a friend, and he put me in a bad position. I'm not happy about it. He hurt himself, he hurt us. Sometimes, seriously, you gotta save these guys from themselves. What he's doing makes no sense whatsoever, so we'll see how this whole thing plays out and what happens, but I'm mad at him, I don't even want to talk to him right now. Lorenzo's talking to him, not me."

White officially announced earlier this month that the light heavyweight championship bout between champion BJ Penn and top contender Diego Sanchez will be replace the Jackson - Evans fight as the main event of UFC 107. Meanwhile, fans will probably have to wait until next year before they can see Rampage and Evans finally clash.

FEDOR VS. BRETT ROGERS NOV. 7 ON CBS

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...9601&zoneid=13

Consensus top-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko will make his Strikeforce debut against Brett Rogers Nov. 7 on CBS, MMAWeekly has learned from a source close to negotiations.

An announcement from Strikeforce and CBS is expected Thursday afternoon.

The main card will be broadcast on the Tiffany network from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. E.S.T. A venue will be finalized next week. A broadcast platform for the undercard is still in development.

UFC 103 Tomorrow Night!

Event: UFC 103
Date: Saturday, September 26 2009

Rich Franklin Vs. Vitor Belfort
Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic vs. Junior dos Santos
Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
Mike Swick vs. Martin Kampmann
Tyson Griffin vs Hermes Franca

Undercard:

Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
Jim Miller Vs. Thiago Tavares
Dan Lauzon vs. Rafaello Oliveira
Paul Daley Vs. Brian Foster
Drew McFedries Vs. Tomasz Drwal
Eliot Marshall Vs. Jason Brilz
Vladimir Matyushenko Vs. Igor Pokrajac
Rob Emerson Vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Eliot Marshall Vs. Jason Brilz

My picks in bold.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:04 AM 09-18-2009
"Collateral damage" from Jackson's "A-Team" role includes lack of counter-programming options

DALLAS – UFC light heavyweight superstar Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's decision to forego a December bout with Rashad Evans has resulted in a series of headaches for UFC brass.

Rescheduling main events and shuffling fight locations may seem troubling enough, but today White admitted he was forced to scrap plans for a potential third event in November based on Jackson's decision to take a role as B.A. Baracus in a feature film version of "The A-Team."

"Thanks to [expletive] B.A. Baracus, I couldn't [expletive] pull it off," White said. "B.A. [expletive] me. The collateral damage that was done by him doing this thing was unbelievable."

That revelation comes at a particularly interesting time when paired with today's Strikeforce announcement that the organization will host an event on CBS on Nov. 7 – the rumored date of the now-scrapped UFC event – that will feature top heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko.

But White said the loss of a counter-programming option is but one of the effects of Jackson's Hollywood aspirations.

With Jackson withdrawing from a planned December bout with opposing "The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights" coach Evans – a bout that was scheduled to take place in "Rampage's" hometown of Memphis, Tenn. – White was forced to schedule a B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez bout in the main event of the as-yet-unannounced UFC 107 event.

White said that switch forced a domino effect for the organization's remaining 2009 events.

"You have no idea how much collateral damage was done by Jackson pulling out of this thing," White told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com). "It literally screwed up the rest of our year. We've got B.J. Penn fighting in Memphis, you know what I mean?"

White said he thought he had talked "Rampage" out of doing the movie, but the situation quickly took a turn for the worse.

"What happens is, Jackson calls up and says he's doing this movie. I said, 'No, you're not. You're going to fight Rashad in December. You do whatever you want to do after this fight. You want to retire and become an actor? You want to join the monastery? I don't care what you do after this fight, but 'Rampage,' you're going to fight this fight.'

"He said, 'OK.' Then he had his manager fly in from England and met me at the hangar before I was leaving to go out of town to tell me that he wasn't going to (fight Evans). Rampage and I haven't talked since."

While many MMA observers have wondered aloud how White could allow Jackson to walk away from the fight, the UFC exec said his hands were tied.

"You can't make anybody fight," White said. "I can't force anybody to fight. You don't want to fight, then you're not going to fight. And you don't want a guy going into it whose head isn't in to fighting, anyway.

"If you'd rather be on the set of 'The A-Team,' then you definitely don't belong in the octagon."

White admits Jackson's decision has caused a riff between the two.

"I feel like he [expletive] me," White said. "I'm not even talking to 'Rampage.' I'm really, really upset with 'Rampage.'"

One more victim of the collateral damage was original opponent Evans. White said he's simply not sure what the next move for "Sugar" will be.

"Evans is really messed up over this whole thing," White said. "He wants to fight 'Rampage.'

"When you get your mind set that this is who you're going to fight – he's bummed out about it. I think he's going to need a little recovery time before we decide if he's fighting 'Rampage' or somebody else."

Dang, Dana is really pi$$ed about this.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:05 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
He's right tho, please don't *$(#$ post that **** in here, just post links to it.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:29 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
He's right tho, please don't *$(#$ post that **** in here, just post links to it.
Boo freakin hoo.
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:39 AM 09-18-2009
Dana White is such a D bag. Rampage being in that movie is going to bring more fans to the sport and is good publicity. Just like Anderson Silva fighting Jones Jr or whichever boxer he is going to fight would be a huge payday if held in the UFC. If Dana is too stupid to realize this they need to fire him and hire a more legitimate president.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:40 AM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Dana White is such a D bag. Rampage being in that movie is going to bring more fans to the sport and is good publicity. Just like Anderson Silva fighting Jones Jr or whichever boxer he is going to fight would be a huge payday if held in the UFC. If Dana is too stupid to realize this they need to fire him and hire a more legitimate president.
You know Dana, when he don't get his way, he b*tches like no other.
[Reply]
goalie204 11:58 AM 09-18-2009
Boo freakin hoo.
Not boo freakin hoo man, a lot of us read this thread and don't want to have things we look forward to spoiled. I don't think that's asking too much, we're just asking for a little respect, thanks.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:19 PM 09-19-2009
prelims on spike
[Reply]
Page 40 of 78
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Up