Page 40 of 67
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
RGD. 05:40 PM 01-26-2009
Well I just saved all my subscribed threads and emails -

:-)

Ron
Starscream 05:45 PM 01-26-2009
202 lurking gorillas over in the ocean right now. Looks like we're all a bunch of vultures waiting for the kill. Or we're the traffic jam that happens as a result of everyone wanting to stop and checkout the horrendous crash on the side of the road.
DBall 05:55 PM 01-26-2009
I already don't spend time there, but this solidifies the resolve not to. Outright lies, password scrambling, making false accusations, etc., etc.

Participating there and turning a blind eye to actions like that is equivalent to condoning them...

It truly is sad to see this happen, though. :-)
SeanGAR 06:18 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Next to go: Secret Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Anybody have Rainey's Anon-Y-Mouse password?
Encore Souris 06:24 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Anybody have Rainey's Anon-Y-Mouse password?
Yes, but it will cost you.
Da Klugs 06:25 PM 01-26-2009
Sigh..requesting dispensaton for posting this: 5 years served at a place and having it end as below. Was just going to leave it but ...

Several days ago my password got "scrambled" there. Yesterday had a 10 email exchange with the owner.

Started at... who me, and ended with repetitious demands for censorship regarding Poof bashing here in return for my being able to log on there.

We left it at I was not going to be able to log on there.
backwoods 06:26 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Next to go: Secret Santa and the Easter Bunny?

my apologies for not being internet forum savy, but how do they track dual accounts? IP address? I didn't have any issues until I logged in for a second to see if that account was still active..and then they dinged me within a half hour.
AD720 06:29 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Sigh..
Just when you think it can't get any worse... :-)
JKim 06:29 PM 01-26-2009
vbulletin has a feature to notify you when another user has logged in with the same IP address. I think it's a pretty common function used to track multiple accounts.
JKim 06:30 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Sigh..requesting dispensaton for posting this: 5 years served at a place and having it end as below. Was just going to leave it but ...

Several days ago my password got "scrambled" there. Yesterday had a 10 email exchange with the owner.

Started at... who me, and ended with repetitious demands for censorship regarding Poof bashing here in return for my being able to log on there.

We left it at I was not going to be able to log on there.
Dave... thanks for sharing that. After reading, I feel very ill, but it's something I appreciate that you could share with us.
68TriShield 06:30 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by backwoods:
my apologies for not being internet forum savy, but how do they track dual accounts? IP address? I didn't have any issues until I logged in for a second to see if that account was still active..and then they dinged me within a half hour.
It's built in Alan,we can see when it happens.
chippewastud79 06:32 PM 01-26-2009
It is sad that Jon purchased members, but then decided he is just going to force out the ones he doesn't like. If he wanted to start all over, then why purchase membership?

Do the rules of mulitple accounts apply to the Administration? I do wonder about the sudden influx of members with no posts, just introductions.
Starscream 06:34 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:

Do the rules of mulitple accounts apply to the Administration? I do wonder about the sudden influx of members with no posts, just introductions.
:-):-)
borndead1 06:35 PM 01-26-2009
Wow...what happened to Dave and Tom is really just unreal. I feel insulted and it didn't even happen to me! :-)
Ratters 06:38 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
E-mail from Caputo:

Spamming....I sent a single message to smokingduck yesterday. :-)
Ha, the only thing I do there now is look for the new members in the Bay Area and PM them to come here. Not out of maliciousness for Puff but because we have a strong group of smokers here that don't frequent Puff and it would be a shame for them to miss out. I'm sure it'll get me banned at some point but like others, I have nothing else to contribute there. For me I'm glad the name has finally changed, I can wear my clubstogie hat with nostalgic pride for what the place was and continues to be here.

And thanks to the team of 11 who carried on that same spirit. :-) This board already has more truly active users than puff and I hope it keeps growing. But not too fast. :-)

Oh, and I sent smoking duck some rg, I guess they don't look at that. :-)
MedicCook 06:38 PM 01-26-2009
It is never a good thing to get rid of your primary demographic who are the ones who built the site and mostly did it for free. The content will slowly become stale and the unique hits will drop and so will revenue.
chippewastud79 06:40 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Wow...what happened to Dave and Tom is really just unreal. I feel insulted and it didn't even happen to me! :-)
Its actually sickening. He won't allow some of the very members that helped create the community, that he has since destroyed, continue to participate in the forum. He is also spending the time to decide what posts make the cut. He should have just designed a site to sell random ad space and posted all the posts in the forums he wanted people to read and close them immediately so you could do nothing but read them and not get a chance to respond to his lies and deceit. :-)
rack04 06:41 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It is sad that Jon purchased members, but then decided he is just going to force out the ones he doesn't like. If he wanted to start all over, then why purchase membership?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but even if you are banned, and/or have your password scrambled you are still a member. When potential avertisers looks at the stats they'll see many more members than actually available. John doesn't care whether you stay or go. You're already a stat that is getting him paid.
VirtualSmitty 06:42 PM 01-26-2009
No kidding. It's unreal, Dave and Tom were both a very big part of making CS the great place it was (among many others), to see them banned in the matter they were is really outrageous.
SmokeyJoe 06:44 PM 01-26-2009
:-) Seems entirely asinine. What has jc really purchased? :-)
Page 40 of 67
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Up