pnoon 01:35 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by shvictor:
We need to get younger
Don't we all. :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:36 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

Now you guys show me where I haven't talked football. Just happens I haven't talked the football you like.

Regardless, looks like like I will be the one smiling soon.
As we were when the Giants packed it up to go on vacation 3 weeks ago. :-)
[Reply]
acruce 01:36 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
To be honest, Steve, I don't think Romo is as good as folks think he is. :-)
Romo is pretty good, he hasn't had the protection today that was needed
[Reply]
shvictor 01:36 PM 01-17-2010
To be honest, Steve, I don't think Romo is as good as folks think he is. :-)
Yeah but when you are running for your life how can you tell? He's had a great year. Today i blame more on Garrett than anyone. he really put Romo in some bad spots. I can tell you this though, I am super excited about next year already :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:36 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
As we were when the Giants packed it up to go on vacation 3 weeks ago. :-)
So we are even.:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 01:37 PM 01-17-2010
Don't we all. :-)
Heck Peter you were saying that 40 years ago :-)
[Reply]
acruce 01:37 PM 01-17-2010
I think that did it guys..:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:38 PM 01-17-2010
You should see all the calls my son in law is getting on his cell phone right now.
Downright cruel.
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:38 PM 01-17-2010
Yeah but when you are running for your life how can you tell? He's had a great year. Today i blame more on Garrett than anyone. he really put Romo in some bad spots. I can tell you this though, I am super excited about next year already :-)
People will use today's game to say Romo is overrated. Look at his performance since the SD game though. He proved himself this year, atleast in my eyes.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:38 PM 01-17-2010
Originally Posted by acruce:
Romo is pretty good, he hasn't had the protection today that was needed
That statement I agree with.
I just hear some say he is a great QB. IMO, he's nowhere near great.
[Reply]
shvictor 01:39 PM 01-17-2010
People will use today's game to say Romo is overrated. Look at his performance since the SD game though. He proved himself this year, atleast in my eyes.
I'll take Romo over any NFC East QB thats for sure
[Reply]
pnoon 01:39 PM 01-17-2010
Heck Peter you were saying that 40 years ago :-)
:-) and a big :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 01:39 PM 01-17-2010
That statement I agree with.
I just hear some say he is a great QB. IMO, he's nowhere near great.
Do you consider Rivers Great?
[Reply]
acruce 01:41 PM 01-17-2010
Not many QB's I would rather have.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:42 PM 01-17-2010
Do you consider Rivers Great?

Hell no. But give him another 5 years and he could become great. To me, what really makes a QB great is the way they manage the game. Peyton and Brett are masters at that. Rivers needs to mature as a player and that just takes time.
[Reply]
acruce 01:42 PM 01-17-2010
There still 7 minutes to go..Let the cowboys ride:-)
[Reply]
acruce 01:44 PM 01-17-2010
still handing the ball off........:-)
[Reply]
shvictor 01:44 PM 01-17-2010
Hell no. But give him another 5 years and he could become great. To me, what really makes a QB great is the way they manage the game. Peyton and Brett are masters at that. Rivers needs to mature as a player and that just takes time.
Thats what I think about Romo. Romo had no time today and garrett gave him no shot to win. If you flip the QB's today I think the Vikes still win with Romo :-)
[Reply]
acruce 01:46 PM 01-17-2010
Thats what I think about Romo. Romo had no time today and garrett gave him no shot to win. If you flip the QB's today I think the Vikes still win with Romo :-)
:-):-):-):-):bange
[Reply]
Blueface 01:46 PM 01-17-2010
Guys,
The Cowboys made a great run this year.
They were the team to beat in the NFC East after a very poor start.
Frankly surprising they did what they did considering the poor start.

Objectively, not as a hater, but as a football fan, they just lacked something in spite of the recent storm of wins. What they did against some teams such as two games in a row against Philly was impressive. However, the Vikings are not Philly.

I think the Cowboys lacked consistency, particularly with Romo. I agree with Peter on Romo. If he has a good game, he has a good game. If he gets rattled, he never seems to recover. That is what happened to him today. They put pressure that he could not frankly handle.

With that, all with the exception of two teams and one ultimate winner, seasons come to an end.

I truly feel I never got personal here. I expressed a dissenting opinion to that of the Cowboys fans. That was seen as a "troll". It frankly came close to a playground childish "you pushed me but I pushed you last". Steve, nothing personal but buddy, lighten up. When I said I was just having fun, seems you are seriously offended that fun is at the expense of your Cowboys and predicting a loss v. your fan support and hope for a win. I never meant any ill will and I hope you guys can see that.

Let's hope we can do it all again next year as that will mean you guys are doing well again.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 55
« First < 30383940 414250 > Last »
Up