Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 40 of 129
« First < 30383940 41425090 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
kayaker 06:38 AM 12-02-2009
Down a smidge to day. Nothing to get excited over. Was diving yesterday and am now working on my basement, so I'm getting a little bit of activity. I'll definitely be more active after New Years, but the way things are going, I'll probably be right back to where I started this year.
[Reply]
shilala 09:09 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Down a smidge to day. Nothing to get excited over. Was diving yesterday and am now working on my basement, so I'm getting a little bit of activity. I'll definitely be more active after New Years, but the way things are going, I'll probably be right back to where I started this year.
I got active and put on about ten pounds. Found out at Physical Therapy that my left leg was half the size of my right leg. I've got it back to normal (almost) and I keep doing my exercises (sometimes).
I just have too much other stuff going on to worry about my weight right now, so I don't, and it just kinda maintains.
I've gone back to eating crappy stuff cause I'm too lazy to cook, and that needs to stop. Yesterday's diet was Spaghettios with meatballs, a donut and a half a bag of Sweet Onion Kettle cooked chips.
That's not exactly what I'm looking for. :-)
If I'd carry my ass to the grocery store, that'd help. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:10 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
i maintain :-)
At least you're not gaining.:-)
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Every bit is enough to get excited over as long as it stays off.:-)
Originally Posted by shilala:
I got active and put on about ten pounds. Found out at Physical Therapy that my left leg was half the size of my right leg. I've got it back to normal (almost) and I keep doing my exercises (sometimes).
I just have too much other stuff going on to worry about my weight right now, so I don't, and it just kinda maintains.
I've gone back to eating crappy stuff cause I'm too lazy to cook, and that needs to stop. Yesterday's diet was Spaghettios with meatballs, a donut and a half a bag of Sweet Onion Kettle cooked chips.
That's not exactly what I'm looking for. :-)
If I'd carry my ass to the grocery store, that'd help. :-)
That wasn't a healthy day, but it's not overeating (not in my book anyways).
[Reply]
Starscream 01:49 PM 12-03-2009
245 this morning. Turkey weight is off.
[Reply]
shilala 01:57 PM 12-03-2009
I'm going to go to the grocery store and buy some real food today. I'm excited about it. :-)
I'm gonna have some broiled haddock and broccoli for dinner.
Tons of butter, too. And I might sprinkle m&m's on top. Not sure yet.
190 today, I believe. Staying right there.
When I go to the store I'm gonna get a couple cases of grape water and get back to drinking my water. It keeps me from getting hungry so much. Regular water just makes me hungrier. I have no idea why that is, but it's what happens. :-)rug:
[Reply]
Starscream 12:58 PM 12-04-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm gonna have some broiled haddock and broccoli for dinner.
Tons of butter, too. And I might sprinkle m&m's on top. Not sure yet.
:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:55 PM 12-05-2009
I'm up to about 195, I'm pleased to report.
Too much girlfriend, too much good eating.
[Reply]
pmwz 03:43 PM 12-08-2009
i havent posted for a long time in this thread and this means usually bad things. i am up to 119.8kg ~ 262 lbs. A lot of stuff didnt go as planned but everything is resolved now.
Going to start to hit the gym again this week + going on a diet after christmas.
[Reply]
kayaker 10:07 PM 12-11-2009
Down another bit to 238.6 this morning. Wings and beers should have taken care of that this evening.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:03 AM 12-27-2009
I worked my way up to 198. Down to about 194 now, and back to dropping rapidly.
I still want to get back to 184 and hopefully to 180 and hold that.
I'm very comfortable at 185, and I'm very happy with that weight. It won't take long to get back to there, either. I just have to do the things I've done all along.
My health has been awful lately, and that keeps me from exercising. Too much couch and too many peanut m&m's and crappy food because I can't cook for myself really exasperates the problem.
I definately have to eat right and drink lots of water, which I've very much gotten away from for awhile. I've slowly been working my way back to that and finally have my water and eating habits back on track.
With that, I'm losing weight rapidly again. :-)
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the scale today, because I didn't pig out over Christmas. :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 11:15 AM 01-01-2010
Allright time to get things started for the Fox

Jan 1 2010 187.4lbs
40.4% Body Fat

Goal is at least 60 healthy lbs by June 30th

Healthy eating and a ton of exercise

Should be a fun run
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 11:55 AM 01-01-2010
Stumbled upon this thread while looking at foxs thread. im a big guy myself trying to slim down. im 245 pounds, 18 years old, but 6'4'' and can dunk a basketball, but im still not satisfied with myself cause i got a gut on me. before winter break I was 238 but gained some holiday weight which is to be expected. im gonna start workin out regularly soon again to drop weight. my target weight would be around 210. my support goes out to all the fellow large men :-)
[Reply]
pmwz 02:57 PM 01-01-2010
Originally Posted by SilverFox:

Jan 1 2010 187.4lbs
40.4% Body Fat
is the 187,4lbs a typo? 60lbs in 6 months is a lot. good luck + keep us posted.
I am going to start with the healthy eating + more sport right after the bcs national championship game.
[Reply]
SilverFox 03:14 PM 01-01-2010
LOL Ignore my other post seems I thought I dropped 100lbs just by typing.

Jan 1 2010 287.4lbs
40.4% Body Fat

Goal is at least 60 healthy lbs by June 30th

Healthy eating and a ton of exercise

Should be a fun run
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:40 PM 01-01-2010
Wow I think I ate more vegetables today than I did all of December.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:20 AM 01-03-2010
Welcome Shawn to the Weightloss thread. I've gained a lot of weight since I quit smoking cigarettes almost three weeks ago, so it's time to get back on track. I haven't weighed in in the last three weeks, but I'm willing to bet that I went from 245 into the high 250s. I'll weigh in on Monday morning and get back on track then. Anxiously awaiting Lent (so I can be a vegetarian again). Good luck Shawn and all the others who are still working on becoming healthier!:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 11:37 AM 01-03-2010
I almost hit 250 over Christmas, but I'm starting to get back on track again. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning for my starting point of 2010. However, it will be over three weeks before I get to weigh in again. I'm heading to work in camp for a 24 day hitch. It will be interesting to see how it balances out. Working 10+ hours a day versus food in camp. :-)

Good luck to everyone on their goals. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:57 AM 01-04-2010
Christmas and quitting smoking worked a number on me. I'm up to 258 this morning. 13lbs gained in three weeks.:-) I've got a lot to do to get back to where I was in early December and a lot more to do to get down to my short term goal of 225. I haven't been at 225 in almost three years now.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:36 AM 01-05-2010
Gonna weigh in every day this week, then cut back to a once a week weigh in like usual. 257 today.
[Reply]
forgop 09:12 AM 01-06-2010
I did ok for a few weeks, then came down with bronchitis that seemed to get in the way of spinning class and when that happens, my diet usually goes to hell in a handbasket. I'm officially back on the wagon so to speak for 2010. I've made 2 diet related "rules" for the new year:

1) NO FRIED FOODS
2) No SODA(excluding diet)

I have a little more motivation to stick with it this time. I'm having back surgery on January 18th for a minimally invasive procedure to drill off bones spurs pushing a disc into my spinal cord. Doc says this procedure has a high success rate for smaller guys, but larger people may need more in terms of rods/screws/etc. Needless to say, I don't want anything to do with that kind of stuff.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 129
« First < 30383940 41425090 > Last »
Up