Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>I am a cigar aficianado!
JD11 05:11 PM 02-09-2009
I guess I missed the part where he uses the cork screw on the pocket knife to fix the draw...

Oh Yeah , no draw problems when you cut it in half...:-)
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 05:34 PM 02-09-2009
i just enjoyed reading all the comments.
[Reply]
pit bull 06:39 PM 02-09-2009
WOW :-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:58 PM 02-09-2009
I can't wait for his video explaining how to hit a bong.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:59 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Didn't you learn anything in college? :-)
[Reply]
mikey burr 10:34 PM 02-09-2009
[Reply]
cort 10:47 PM 02-09-2009
That guy is my hero. He went out there not knowing Jack sh!t about cigars and totally game faced an award winning instructional video.

I learned so much. I have been cutting and lighting my cigars all wrong this whole time. Thanks Mr. Milo you are the BEST:-)

Thanks for the link Dave
[Reply]
icehog3 10:47 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QOB_gl4N0
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:55 PM 02-09-2009
I love this place. Only here could you go from Ruprect and the How to Video to Cypress Hill and Hits From the Bong! Awesome.

That video made me feel the same way I did after I watched Cabin Boy. I was looking around the room to make sure I could have 100% denial that it never happened.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:56 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Isn't that Jon Caputo? :-)
After all, I saw the video and immediately thought "puff lifestyle" :-)
Is the word "puff" a synonym for "alternative"?:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:08 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Well, by definition, an aficianado is nothing more than an enthusiast. It doesn't infer any kind of expertise. Still (and this is coming from a total newbie) the vid was laughable. I would have titled it How Not To Smoke A Cigar 101.
The way he says it (aficionado) suggests that he has something to teach! As you said, "How Not to Smoke a Cigar 101!"

As others have mentioned... WTF was the pocket knife for??? Doesn't he say, "As a last resort"? Last resort to... blowing my brains out after watching his instructional video???

I still want a grant!!!
[Reply]
Kreth 04:16 PM 02-10-2009
Maybe we should bomb him...

...with Cremosas, and a Ronson JetLite. :-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 04:19 PM 02-10-2009
Dave we all know that you are a Cigar Aficianado. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 05:40 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by jaycarla:

That video made me feel the same way I did after I watched Cabin Boy. I was looking around the room to make sure I could have 100% denial that it never happened.
HA! That was the only movie I ever walked out on!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 05:45 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Nimbus:
Dave we all know that you are a Cigar Aficianado. :-)
Hoarder and frequent consumer does not an aficianado make. :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 05:46 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
I love this place. Only here could you go from Ruprect and the How to Video to Cypress Hill and Hits From the Bong! Awesome.

I can't believe we just had a Cabin Boy reference. That is pretty obscure. Cabin Boy references have to be about as rare as people who love the movie.

But with the size of the planet and the amount of humans on it, odds are that somewhere, there is someone who LOVES Cabin Boy. I mean it's their favorite movie of all time. They can't stop talking about Cabin Boy and trying to hound all their friends into watching it.

God bless us, every one.
[Reply]
Prefy 07:23 PM 02-10-2009
I fired an email off to the website that this video was actually made buy(http://www.askmrmilo.com/) with some general comments about the video and to find a little back story into why the video was made. Here is the response.

Originally Posted by Milo:
Hi Matt -

First, thanks for taking the time to send your note regarding our cigar video. We agree with you on all five of your listed concerns. Many viewers have sent individual comments over the last year covering the errors we have made and we have so stated our agreement with them in the "reply to comments". We always refer people to a reputable cigar store to speak with the proprietor when more information is requested.

Some background on the video - The "cigar aficionado" is my father. He is 81 and enjoys coming home from work (yes, he still enjoys going to work) and sitting outside and having a smoke.

We made this video for our enjoyment, never imagining that anyone would view it other than a few of his friends and family members. That close to 40,000 individuals would look at it surprises us, especially when there are far more professional cigar videos on Youtube and on the web, than this one.

Your comments are always welcome on our site - to either our replies or to the questions posted by others.

Again, thanks for writing.

Milo

[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:30 PM 02-10-2009
Now I feel bad.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:30 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Prefy:
I fired an email off to the website that this video was actually made buy(http://www.askmrmilo.com/) with some general comments about the video and to find a little back story into why the video was made. Here is the response.
Well I didn't know that! Sorry!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:31 PM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Now I feel bad.
No need, I am sure his Dad isn't an Inmate, Dave. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up