Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
All Cigar Discussion>Big ring stogies
BHalbrooks 11:45 PM 04-24-2014
He looks like an Actor, can't remember the Movies that he's been in. He's one of those "Oh that guy" Actors, where most don't know their names. Craaaaap.
[Reply]
Pinoyman 11:49 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tell him to remove the cello before lighting. :-)
Words of wisdom! I'll remember that myself. LOL
[Reply]
icehog3 11:50 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
He looks like an Actor, can't remember the Movies that he's been in. He's one of those "Oh that guy" Actors, where most don't know their names. Craaaaap.
Brad Pitt?
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:55 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Brad Pitt?
More Denzel Washington than Brad Pitt. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:56 PM 04-24-2014
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:24 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I've only been here a little while but it seems like if you give any thread enough time on here it will turn into a banter thread at some point or another. To me banter is part of what makes the asylum great. :-)
Banter has it's own sub-forum and threads will occasionally get off-topic thru banter. But when a topical thread goes sideways, many others get frustrated and stop reading and participating. It's important to at least try and show some good judgement as to when and how much banter is appropriate.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:29 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by stevef2005:
I started big and am slowly going smaller. As I slow down with my smoking I am finding that the big ring smokes just take more time than I usually have and I hate being wasteful. I think biggest Ill probably go would be a 60 ring and that is if I have 2-3 hours to kill. Prefer 42-52 now days.
:-)
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:49 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I didnt realize that this was another useless banter thread/ :-) :-)
No, just another thread where the civilized, refined, and experienced gentlemen who enjoy thin RGs berate the uncivilized, billy goats who enjoy thicker cigars. Just my calm, objective :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Chimneyfish 07:38 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I didnt realize that this was another useless banter thread/ :-) :-)
hey! that's not true.
i just skimmed every comment in this thread and learned that i have to REMOVE the cello before lighting!!

no wonder i hate NCs so much :-)
[Reply]
stevef2005 06:50 PM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I was talking to the local BM owner yesterday about Acids. We both agreed (And a lot of guys on here do as well iirc) that Acids are awesome. I don't like them, no. But a LOT of guys start out of 'em, and it wets their whistle and gets the gears moving to the "regular" Cigar world. Props to DE in my book. Acids are completely gross though.
My first sticks bought at B&M were acids. Gave away the second ones I bought once I realized how much more I like other sticks and how much I disliked them.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 04:00 AM 04-27-2014
My first sticks bought at B&M were acids. Gave away the second ones I bought once I realized how much more I like other sticks and how much I disliked them.
Glad you stepped up a bit to some NC goodness :-)
[Reply]
lukem 03:45 PM 04-27-2014
I bought 4 Kuda Kuda's on my first B&M trip earlier this month. I smoked one at a friend's house and it was ok. I got a few so I could have some when I went to his house. But I realized the same thing, I like other non-flavored cigars better. Haven't smoked one since and have one left that will probably be his the next time I go over.

As for big rings, I picked up a CAO Flathead V770 Big Block Cigar the other day since my friend bought one. We haven't smoked it yet but decided to wait until we're cooking something in the backyard that will take a while so we have time to sit and try it out.
[Reply]
stevef2005 04:05 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by lukem:
We haven't smoked it yet but decided to wait until we're cooking something in the backyard that will take a while so we have time to sit and try it out.

Just toss some ribs or a brisket in the smoker. Have plenty of time them. Good eats after as well!
[Reply]
maninblack 04:12 PM 04-27-2014
I bought 4 Kuda Kuda's on my first B&M trip earlier this month. I smoked one at a friend's house and it was ok. I got a few so I could have some when I went to his house. But I realized the same thing, I like other non-flavored cigars better. Haven't smoked one since and have one left that will probably be his the next time I go over.

As for big rings, I picked up a CAO Flathead V770 Big Block Cigar the other day since my friend bought one. We haven't smoked it yet but decided to wait until we're cooking something in the backyard that will take a while so we have time to sit and try it out.
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke brother. And welcome to the asylum.
[Reply]
lukem 07:03 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke brother. And welcome to the asylum.
Thanks for the welcome. Not saying I won't smoke an acid ever again but I'm definitely leaning toward the non-flavored cigars. Having a CAO Italia Novella from a sampler I bought a couple weeks ago at the moment and it is pretty nice!
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:33 PM 04-27-2014
Thanks for the welcome. Not saying I won't smoke an acid ever again but I'm definitely leaning toward the non-flavored cigars. Having a CAO Italia Novella from a sampler I bought a couple weeks ago at the moment and it is pretty nice!
CAO has some good lines...the L'Anniversaire Maduro line is my favorite...seek it out if you have the chance! (red band with gold writing since they all look relatively similar)
[Reply]
lukem 07:45 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
CAO has some good lines...the L'Anniversaire Maduro line is my favorite...seek it out if you have the chance! (red band with gold writing since they all look relatively similar)
I have a CAO Maduro Belicoso (L'anniversaire ) from the sampler I got so maybe I'll give that one a try tomorrow. I'm nearly done with the Italia at the moment and really liked it. If I didn't have a ton of cigars on their way to me I may have gotten some more of them. Went a little crazy these past few days now that I have a wineador with some room so I think I'm putting the breaks on until I load it up with everything I've ordered and see how much room I have left.

BTW, the CAO sampler I got was the CAO Champions II sampler with the travel humidor. The Italia is the first one I've smoked out of them.
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:51 PM 04-27-2014
The LA maduro, LX2, and MX2 are all awesome! Great selection you got there!
[Reply]
lukem 08:02 PM 04-27-2014
Just toss some ribs or a brisket in the smoker. Have plenty of time them. Good eats after as well!
Exactly what we are thinking!
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 08:16 PM 04-27-2014
I like how a day after my post about it, Luke shows up :-)
Welcome Luke, by the way.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up