Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 26
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
General Discussion>Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
dwoodward 07:06 AM 08-25-2012
How does this work exactly? I am still not sure how the betting and losing of sticks works.

If it matters, i've never played Fantasy football.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 09:01 AM 08-25-2012
This is going to be confusing!!!!!! My money league draft is at 7 next Sunday!!!!!! I'm still in.
[Reply]
Stephen 07:02 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Stephen you back in with the date change?
Tried signing back on but it wouldn't let me in.:-)
[Reply]
chaase321 07:08 AM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Scott I'm down for whatever makes it easiest on you man. I know you got a ton of other stuff going on as well.
So did you gents figure out who will be collecting the sticks? I have my buy in and the troops amount ready to be sent to whoever.

Jarrod, thanks for stepping up and taking over the thread for Scott!
[Reply]
Stephen 09:55 AM 08-27-2012
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!
[Reply]
shilala 01:28 PM 08-27-2012
Wow, everyone is signed up. Freakin fabulous, gentlemen!!! :-)
Cole, I don't know what we're gonna do about gathering sticks yet, but in all likelihood I'll do it. It just makes sense.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 01:36 PM 08-27-2012
I would like to offer some pre draft advice just in case we have any new players.

A good kicker can make or break your season, so make sure you draft the best available with your 1st pick, and a good back up kicker with your 2nd pick, just in case your 1st one gets injured.

If you would like to donate a 5pk to the troops for this great advice, please feel free!
Thank you
[Reply]
chaase321 01:45 PM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Wow, everyone is signed up. Freakin fabulous, gentlemen!!! :-)
Cole, I don't know what we're gonna do about gathering sticks yet, but in all likelihood I'll do it. It just makes sense.
:-):-)

Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I would like to offer some pre draft advice just in case we have any new players.

A good kicker can make or break your season, so make sure you draft the best available with your 1st pick, and a good back up kicker with your 2nd pick, just in case your 1st one gets injured.

If you would like to donate a 5pk to the troops for this great advice, please feel free!
Thank you
:-) You know what's funny, is we actually pulled one of these over on a person playing FF for the first time...he drafted the Bears D in the 2nd round in our draft in 2009...all in all he had a 6-7 season, so not horrible :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:50 PM 08-27-2012
Solid advice, Travis!!! :-)
It'd be a good idea to take a long look at Billy Cundiff, he's going to be well rested once the season starts.
My wife employed this strategy last year and Mason Crosby was the #1 pick in our neighborhood Pink Flamingo League. We just discussed it at draft on Saturday (for another league). She was really happy when I gave her updates letting her know Mason was still available.

(In her defense, she wasn't familiar with Yahoo's draft, it was just a mistake. A really, really fun mistake. :-))
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:16 PM 08-27-2012
Update, just realized Sun is our holiday at work...:-) I;ll take Dan Baily with my first pick.
[Reply]
TJarv 06:22 PM 08-27-2012
Anymore room?
[Reply]
Stephen 08:10 PM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Update, just realized Sun is our holiday at work...:-) I;ll take Dan Baily with my first pick.
If I was POTUS for a day my one and only act would be to have Dan Bailey waterboarded. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mattso3000 04:43 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
If I was POTUS for a day my one and only act would be to have Dan Bailey waterboarded. :-) :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
TJarv 06:02 PM 08-28-2012
Are you guys full?
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:18 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Are you guys full?
Just checked the site, Tony. Looks like it's full.
[Reply]
TJarv 06:20 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Just checked the site, Tony. Looks like it's full.
ok thanks Matt
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:56 PM 09-02-2012
Good draft everyone!
Who are we sending the cigars too?
[Reply]
Stephen 06:57 AM 09-03-2012
Good draft everyone!
For some of us. Others waited way too long to draft a quarterback.:-)
Who are we sending the cigars too?
Originally Posted by shilala:
I was working under this assumption and that Jarrod was going to keep track of all bets, etc.
[Reply]
shilala 08:23 AM 09-03-2012
Stephen is correct. You guys can send the smokes to me and I'll keep track of that end. Jarrod is going to keep track of bets and keep a running post going here.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:37 AM 09-04-2012
It looks like I got a pretty good squad via autodraft. At least I hope it was autodraft and not Mattso3000 as I had a backup QB and TE (worthless, wasted picks IMO). I solved that problem by grabbing the top RB's on the ww. Evan Royster was still available and he was just named the #1 RB on the depth chart, of course with a Shanahan run team that could mean he gets 0 carries. Good luck guys, can't wait for this football season to get underway!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 26
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up