Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Sports>Sean Avery
icehog3 01:24 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
I think you my friend are on to something here. Avery has a history on and off the ice. So maybe they are trying to send him a message so he doesn't end up like what's his name from Calgary in the 90's. I can still see his stupid little face. He alone made me hate the Flames. Talk about a head case and he pretty much got himself tossed outta the league. Sorry for rambling but I am really trying to remember that Arse's name...

Back to Avery though it show's a lot that his own team don't want him. Please lord let the Isles pass on any opportunity to pick this head case up. Thank you.

T
Theo Fleury.....made a real ass of himself when the Hawks signed him.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 02:46 AM 02-07-2009
So the headcase is back in the Garden! Perfect place for him!

T
[Reply]
icehog3 08:21 AM 02-07-2009
So the headcase is back in the Garden! Perfect place for him!

T
I hope for Rangers fans' sake, the rumors are false.
[Reply]
acruce 03:34 PM 02-07-2009
[quote=SilverFox;103405]So based on this any sport with an unsuitable role model is????????

NFL

OJ Simpson - Kidnapping, armed robbery

Don't forget Murder
[Reply]
Partagaspete 09:49 AM 02-14-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I hope for Rangers fans' sake, the rumors are false.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Forward Sean Avery is expected to play his first game with the Hartford Wolf Pack on Saturday.

The Dallas Stars assigned Avery to the American Hockey League team on Tuesday. A Wolf Pack spokesman said on Friday that the team plans to use him when the New York Rangers’ affiliate hosts Manitoba on Saturday night.

Avery hasn’t played since the NHL suspended him in December for making a crude remark about other hockey players dating his former girlfriends. He completed treatment in a league counseling program last weekend and cleared waivers Monday.

The Stars are the only NHL team without a primary affiliate and could have sent him to any willing team. They have said Avery won’t return to the Stars.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:06 PM 02-14-2009
Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
HARTFORD, Conn. -- Controversial forward Sean Avery appeared in his first competitive hockey game in two months with the American Hockey League's Hartford Wolfpack on Saturday night.

Avery was involved in two minor scrapes in Hartford's 4-1 loss to the Manitoba Moose in front of 5,899.

"I felt good," Avery said. "I was a little nervous. It's been a long time since I've played."

Avery was in the middle of two scraps, one early in the first period, and the next with 2:-)6 to play in the second. He was not assessed a penalty in either of the small shoving matches.

"A couple of guys said something. Nothing I could probably repeat," Avery said. "That's the type of things that help me play better."

Avery admitted to firing a few barbs, but claimed he held back.

"I had a few comments, but nothing that was too drastic," Avery said. "Or something the old Sean would say."

During the brief, but cordial postgame press conference, Avery skated by a few questions about his past comments, but did make one final quip before leaving.

When asked "what hurt the most" about his ordeal, Avery said, "When a girlfriend dumps me?"

He smiled and added: "No, I feel good."
Still a douchebag. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:30 PM 02-14-2009
Still a douchebag. :-)
how is he from that highlighted statement? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:27 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
how is he from that highlighted statement? :-)
Still has to go back to the girlfriend :-) that started the whole thing.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:29 AM 02-15-2009
Still has to go back to the girlfriend :-) that started the whole thing.
as you can tell I havent followed him or this thread, I trust your judgement :-) he is a jackass (douchbag is to cool for him)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 12:32 AM 02-15-2009
I hate him for actions against the Devils last year in the Stanley Cup playoffs...did I mention a hate him?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:42 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
as you can tell I havent followed him or this thread, I trust your judgement :-) he is a jackass (douchbag is to cool for him)
Good call, Perry. :-)

Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I hate him for actions against the Devils last year in the Stanley Cup playoffs...did I mention a hate him?
If I didn't hate him so much, I'd hate him!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:43 AM 02-15-2009
Good call, Perry. :-)

If I didn't hate him so much, I'd hate him!
:-) wasnt hard one to make
[Reply]
icehog3 11:13 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by ESPN.com:
The Dallas Stars are expected to put Sean Avery on re-entry waivers Monday, two sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

That will pave the way for his possible return to the New York Rangers if the NHL club does indeed put in a claim for him.
The latest.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:17 PM 02-27-2009
The latest.
to bad he was playing against you, I would pay to see that ass whooping he would receive
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:18 PM 02-27-2009
Let it go boys. It was a 7th grade comment I'll give you that but Crosby is a bigger jack off than Avery.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:19 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Let it go boys. It was a 7th grade comment I'll give you that but Crosby is a bigger jack off than Avery.
ok, his ass should be whooped too, :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:25 PM 02-27-2009
It's let go....just an update on his status, Al.

And Avery would kick Sid the Kid's arse. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:27 PM 02-27-2009
alright I am happy someone is getting there ass kicked
[Reply]
Partagaspete 12:46 AM 02-28-2009
This is not the reason I dislike him. It just showed he was classless off the ice as well as on the ice. He is a cheap, dirty player. I like muckers and scrappers as they have their role but this guy is as I said before a head case and I'll add a "ticking time bomb" for whatever team he joins. It shows how disliked he was by his own teammates when they vocalized their dislike for him after the comment. There was more behind the scenes for a professional and classy athlete like Turco to come out and say something like he did.

T
[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 AM 02-28-2009
This is not the reason I dislike him. It just showed he was classless off the ice as well as on the ice. He is a cheap, dirty player. I like muckers and scrappers as they have their role but this guy is as I said before a head case and I'll add a "ticking time bomb" for whatever team he joins. It shows how disliked he was by his own teammates when they vocalized their dislike for him after the comment. There was more behind the scenes for a professional and classy athlete like Turco to come out and say something like he did.

T
As a hockey player (albiet not professional) myself, I lost all respect for him as a player wth the nonsense he pulled with Martin Brodeur last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_2oKWe2Gw

The comments just made me lose respect for his as a human being.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up