Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 38
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:59 AM 01-27-2012
Hoping Cespedes and/or Soler sign today. I'd imagine it will be soon if not today. Concepcion is close to signing from what I hear too.
icehog3 09:11 AM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:

Also, did you jump ship to the Tigers Tom?
In 1967.
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:14 AM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
In 1967.
Gotcha:-) I always thought you were Cubs only. Which team do you root for in a Cubs/Tigers WS? Don't say both:-)
icehog3 09:24 AM 01-27-2012
Gotcha:-) I always thought you were Cubs only. Which team do you root for in a Cubs/Tigers WS? Don't say both:-)
Grew up in Detroit, but Mom was from the North side of Chicago.

Even though I'd love to see the Cubs win a WS after 100+ years of misery, if they are playing Detroit, I gotta go with the Tigers.

Blackhawks - RedWings would be the exact opposite. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:42 AM 01-27-2012
Grew up in Detroit, but Mom was from the North side of Chicago.

Even though I'd love to see the Cubs win a WS after 100+ years of misery, if they are playing Detroit, I gotta go with the Tigers.

Blackhawks - RedWings would be the exact opposite. :-)
I have an idea, let me know what you think Tom... Chicago really only needs one MLB team, so let's merge the Cubs with the Sox, dissolve bad contracts/managment, and consolidate the balance sheet and income statements. That would give the White Sox some serious cash for players:-):-) Also, you would never have to worry about a Cubs-Tigers WS.
Stephen 10:31 AM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Not sure if Cabrera can hold it down at third base. He last played the position about 80 pounds ago.
And wasn't that good even then.
kelmac07 12:38 PM 01-27-2012
Phillies sign Juan Pierre to a minor league deal. Another great move by the Phils.
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:50 PM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Phillies sign Juan Pierre to a minor league deal. Another great move by the Phils.
Juan can't field worth crap.. His speed is still there, and I know he's a team player and he always busts his a$$, I just cry whenever I see him in left for the Sox:-)
icehog3 03:43 PM 01-27-2012
I have an idea, let me know what you think Tom... Chicago really only needs one MLB team, so let's merge the Cubs with the Sox, dissolve bad contracts/managment, and consolidate the balance sheet and income statements. That would give the White Sox some serious cash for players:-):-) Also, you would never have to worry about a Cubs-Tigers WS.
And have the Sox play at Wrigley? :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:47 PM 01-27-2012
And have the Sox play at Wrigley? :-)
I'm fine with that if this merger were to happen:-)
icehog3 03:57 PM 01-27-2012
I'm fine with that if this merger were to happen:-)
And bring back Dusty Baker?
The Poet 04:15 PM 01-27-2012
If you brought back Shoeless Joe, you might have something. :-)
icehog3 04:29 PM 01-27-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
If you brought back Shoeless Joe, you might have something. :-)
If I build it, he will come?
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:07 PM 01-27-2012
Dusty is fine.. Shoeless Joe comes though.
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:01 AM 02-14-2012
Just got a text saying the Sox signed Kosuke Fukudome:-)
Pseudosacred 10:14 AM 02-14-2012
The Twins have always been my team. Now, I don't really ever expect anything from them...because, well, you all probably know. They do alright every year, just never anything spectacular. We had Thome, he hit his 500th HR and then traded him. I believe he wanted to go, though?

This year we got Mastrionni from the Jays.

We're also processeing 18 year old Miguel Sano. This kid is just awesome. Last season he hit .292, slugged 20 home runs and drove in 59 runs.

Another reason we need him, Luke Hughes sprained his shoulder pretty badly.

Any other Twins fans? Or am I alone...as always hahahaha
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:56 AM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
The Twins have always been my team. Now, I don't really ever expect anything from them...because, well, you all probably know. They do alright every year, just never anything spectacular. We had Thome, he hit his 500th HR and then traded him. I believe he wanted to go, though?This year we got Mastrionni from the Jays.

We're also processeing 18 year old Miguel Sano. This kid is just awesome. Last season he hit .292, slugged 20 home runs and drove in 59 runs.

Another reason we need him, Luke Hughes sprained his shoulder pretty badly.

Any other Twins fans? Or am I alone...as always hahahaha

Thome hit his 500th for the White Sox, I was at the game:-)
Thome had maybe 1 or 2 good years left in him after he left the Sox.
Pseudosacred 09:45 PM 02-14-2012
My bad, all I remember is that it was a pretty landmark thing that happened right before or right after his departure.
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:57 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
My bad, all I remember is that it was a pretty landmark thing that happened right before or right after his departure.
Yeah he hit #500 late in the 2007 season. It was a walk off too.. I had plans later in the evening so we were just about to get up and leave the park when he hit it. Glad we stayed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9VX...eature=related

Thome hit #600 with the Twinkies, so maybe that's what you're thinking.
Pseudosacred 12:39 PM 02-15-2012
TWINKIES?! :-)

That's the number I was looking for :-)

Must have not been thinking :-)
Page 4 of 38
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up