Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>So Why did you join the Asylum?
silentjon 04:39 AM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by sofaman:
Because Cigar Live was falling apart and this seems like the place to be:-)
What he said.
[Reply]
macpappy 06:58 AM 12-01-2008
I will be upfront and say that I still visit and participate on the other site. Have I seen changes over there? Yes and while the overall appearance of the site remains the same, the heart of the site has changed. Many of the old members don't participate and many of the new members don't appreciate what was there before them. It's not as friendly anymore in my opinion. I guess what bugged me recently was a review written by a new member about a single cigar he had never smoked before and didn't even have the correct name. He ripped into the cigar pretty hard and unfairly in my opinion. That is not what the norm for review used to be.

I initiated contact with someone who I knew had moved over here and found my way here. I'm glad I did.

I will continue to visit the other site because I'm curious about what other changes are made but those visits are becoming fewer and I am sadder.
[Reply]
croatan 07:26 AM 12-01-2008
Because it just felt like the right thing to do.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:11 AM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by croatan:
Because it just felt like the right thing to do.
....and a tasty way to do it. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:12 AM 12-01-2008
Was there any other option?
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 11:15 AM 12-01-2008
I wanted to support a friend of mine on his new adventure.
[Reply]
gnukfu 02:03 PM 12-01-2008
Cause I like smoking cigars and it seems that a majority of those here enjoy that too! :-)

That and I know a lot of the folks here so when they moved here I did too.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:21 PM 12-01-2008
In all honesty, many of us were heartbroken by the changes taking place at our home. None more heartbroken than the 11 who had invested so much into a place we genuinely loved. When we saw what was to become of our home we felt honor-bound to give our friends and family a place that was just as good as ,if not better, than home.

We felt a commitment to all of our friends to provide them with a safe haven, an "Asylum", where they could relax and enjoy themselves amongst friends.

We came for the cigars, we stayed for the friendships.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:26 PM 12-01-2008
I joined because of the respect I have for the people that started the Asylum and the members that make it what it is.

Some other power (call it what you like) put on the road to these people almost a year ago. My life and that of my family has been forever changed for the better because of it.

Wishing each of you the best life has to offer.

Al
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:46 PM 12-01-2008
I joined here because I was not happy about the other site being bought up . The guy that bought it is in it for the money , just look at the premium he has put on CS items . The one example I remember is a Guyabera in particular . I tried to find it again but i can't seem to . I do still post there but not as often . I just felt kind of swindled about the whole thing .
[Reply]
DonWeb 02:52 PM 12-01-2008
Cause I'm looking for Tom to drop some hints on playing cornhole.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:15 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by DonWeb:
Cause I'm looking for Tom to drop some hints on playing cornhole.
Practice/herf this Spring, Tony? :-)
[Reply]
:eevis 05:25 PM 12-01-2008
Because I learned so mcuh from all of those who created this site. While i still don't know Jack Schmidt, I was thrilled to get the invite about this board in it's early stages.
I felt like I would have been missing out if I didn't follow the info, as well as all the great B/SOTLs that are here.
CA and those who are part of it have given me far more than I could ever give back!
[Reply]
ucla695 07:18 PM 12-01-2008
Because it feels like home and there are a lot of great BOTLs/SOTLS here!
[Reply]
Yazzie 07:43 PM 12-01-2008
Because of threads like this one which after reading all the posts and seeing a lot of the familiar faces really feels like the other place used to feel before the change. :-)
[Reply]
LordOfWu 07:58 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Because it feels like home and there are a lot of great BOTLs/SOTLS here!
Yep, that's the one for me. :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:15 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
I joined here because I was not happy about the other site being bought up . The guy that bought it is in it for the money , just look at the premium he has put on CS items . The one example I remember is a Guyabera in particular . I tried to find it again but i can't seem to . I do still post there but not as often . I just felt kind of swindled about the whole thing .
And let me add that sometimes in life a move is necessary . I liked the way the 11 ran the other board so I will be comfortable on this board . Keep up the good work gentlemen !
[Reply]
detroitpha357 08:38 PM 12-01-2008
Some1 really really really love a great deal invited me. I logged on saw who was running the site and new I was at home.....

Althoght I don't post as much, I read more now then I ever done B4.

PS: I still have a smile on my face (why I don't know but I do). Yall take care. (:
[Reply]
AD720 08:40 PM 12-01-2008
I got a PM from a good buddy.

When I got here I felt like my house got moved across the street but all my stuff was still in the right place. :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 09:55 PM 12-01-2008
I was promised women and bags of kruger rands.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up