Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>is there a good oliva
wayner123 11:04 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
I would assume no because I started trying lanceros this year. What year is the OR for the V lancero and which do you prefer?
The original V Lancero came out I want to say mid 2007. It's easily recognizable and you may have smoked one without knowing it. The OR V's have no cello.

I prefer the OR V. Maybe it's all in my mind :-) but I think they taste more refined and less spicy.
[Reply]
jmsremax 11:07 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
The original V Lancero came out I want to say mid 2007. It's easily recognizable and you may have smoked one without knowing it. The OR V's have no cello.

I prefer the OR V. Maybe it's all in my mind :-) but I think they taste more refined and less spicy.
Possibly because it has age on it? I am curious if the wrapper or filler is different. I believe all the ones I've smoked and currently own have cello.
[Reply]
wayner123 11:10 AM 01-19-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Possibly because it has age on it? I am curious if the wrapper or filler is different. I believe all the ones I've smoked and currently own have cello.
I am not comparing OR to current release in the present. I am talking about how they tasted when I bought them. The OR's right out of the box tasted better to me than do the current release right out of the box. Just my :-)
[Reply]
Vegan702 10:21 AM 01-22-2011
No, they pretty much all suck. MB was just ok.
[Reply]
Chemyst 05:32 PM 01-22-2011
The MB3s remind me of Padrons. :-)

I also like the Vs, especially the maduros.
Nice and smooth for a powerful smoke.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 10:15 AM 01-23-2011
If you can, find yourself one of the old oliva maduro churchills (clothband)....
That is an amazing cigar my friend... I smoked one last night and
thoroughly enjoyed it!
[Reply]
Bageland2000 10:43 AM 01-23-2011
+1 for the V. The G and O were OK for me, the V was another world. Easily top 5 favorites. As others have said, smoke what you like. But I know what it's like to hear people keep raving about a brand and to have bad luck with it. IMO, Try a V and if you don't like it, move on to another brand!
[Reply]
jmsremax 07:55 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Vegan702:
No, they pretty much all suck. MB was just ok.
Just curious where your taste lies in cigars.
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 05:53 PM 01-24-2011
Oliva V Maduro is great! If you like a mild cigar try the connecticut, very good mild cigar, perfect with some coffee.
[Reply]
RandJCigars 10:57 AM 01-29-2011
I just smoked a V Maduro with my buddy Foster 3 days ago from last years batch that has been aging in my walk-in since...

What an excellent smoke. Smoothed out quite nicely, really subtle and complex flavors. I will age 1 box from this year to do the same next year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up