Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Aficionado..top 10 of 2010...
Ogre 07:45 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
If the number #1 cigar is Hammer and Sickle... I don't know, but that might be the worst cigar I've had, no joke.
Big ad spender, does not surprise me!!
[Reply]
lyle23 08:40 AM 01-05-2011
I have smoked quite a few cigars that weren't any good untill the final third. They should rename the list to the top 25 best portions of a cigar. This is like writing a review on a cars handling and performance after driving it in a parking lot. Sounds good but its just incomplete work.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:41 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Remember as well this is only the first third of the cigar. The reviewers don't smoke the entire cigar.
Seriously? Where did you find this info Wayne?
[Reply]
wayner123 08:43 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=42
[Reply]
rizzle 08:47 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Originally Posted by wayner123:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...3&postcount=42
Yeah, my bad. Should have kept reading. Thanks for the info, I had no idea that's how they did it. And you know, I can have a good feeling if I'm going to like a cigar a half inch into it, but I couldn't tell you how many cigars I'll never buy again because of the way they tasted over the second half of the cigar after starting out pretty damn good.

Whatever, I'm not knocking them nor relying on them for the info. It is what it is. :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 09:15 AM 01-05-2011
The 25 Best Cigars of the Year 2010
Cohiba Behike BHK 52
1 In 2010, which will likely go down as the year of the Cuban cigar, we smoked many fine Havana-made smokes, from majestic double coronas to bracing robustos, and found the quality of Cuban cigars to be at its best since the mid-1990s. And no cigar from Cuba—or from anywhere else for that matter—impressed our tasting panel as much as the Cohiba Behike BHK 52. This is a classic cigar. The shortish, fat smoke, made with an artful pigtail and clad in gorgeous Colorado wrapper of reddish brown, is a phenomenally rich, delicious smoke that more than lives up to the reputation of cigars with the name Cohiba. It is the finest cigar to come out of Cuba in a long time, and Cigar Aficionado’s top cigar of 2010.

A new cigar that was unveiled in February 2010 at the Habanos Festival in Cuba, the Behike BHK 52 has made its way to markets around the world since its launch in London in May. It is the thinnest in a trio of new sizes, all of which have tidy little pigtail caps and names that include their ring gauges. The Behike BHK 52 is a petit robusto, a size known as a Laguito No. 4 in Cuban cigar factories, and it wowed our tasting panel from the get-go. In a vertical brand tasting in the June 8 Cigar Insider the BHK 52 scored 94 points, the best of a trio that includes the BHK 54 and the very fat BHK 56. The 52 has remained delicious ever since, performing admirably in taste test after taste test as Behikes have sold out in world markets.

Cohiba has long been a marquee name in Cuban cigars. This new smoke has done what no special release Cohiba has done before: win critical acclaim as well as commercial success. The original Cohiba Behike from 2006 was unavailable to nearly all smokers—only 4,000 cigars were released at a price of $400 or more per cigar. The Cohiba Siglo VI Grand Reserva debuted in 2009 at a price of about £85 ($130), with only 75,000 cigars produced. The Behike BHK 52 combines the excitement of those rare Cohibas with a much larger production goal—150,000 in 2011. The Cuban cigar industry will continue to make batches of it every year in the stately El Laguito factory.

Cohiba Behike BHK cigars are made with a portion of filler tobacco known as medio tiempo, a type of sun-grown tobacco leaf that grows at the top of some, but not all tobacco plants. The cigars show great balance even in youth, with a medium to full body, creamy coffee flavors and some earthiness. They show elements of Cuban cigars of old, and should get even better with age—if you can be patient.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:14 AM 01-05-2011
I heard that the Behike 52 was a good stick by some but many others have panned it. I wonder how such a stick can become #1...
[Reply]
icehog3 11:31 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I heard that the Behike 52 was a good stick by some but many others have panned it. I wonder how such a stick can become #1...
The same way that some of the other crap in the Top 25 gets there, Michael....taste is subjective. :-)

(I am not saying the Behike 52 is crap, I haven't had one...I am just saying that I am sure every other cigar on the list is praised by some and panned by others).
[Reply]
staminator 11:42 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by lyle23:
I have smoked quite a few cigars that weren't any good untill the final third. They should rename the list to the top 25 best portions of a cigar. This is like writing a review on a cars handling and performance after driving it in a parking lot. Sounds good but its just incomplete work.
But if your car can't handle in a parking lot, then why would you buy it? Similarly, I'm not interesting in buying a cigar that has a lousy beginning.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 11:52 AM 01-05-2011
Is anyone really surprised ? BHK 52 at number 1. I think most figured that out about 2 minutes after hearing/reading Cigar Afficianado cream themselves over just the announcement of the release of the cigar.
[Reply]
the nub 11:56 AM 01-05-2011
I smoked a Behike and it was top 3 for cigars I smoked the last two years. The others were a VR Farmie double robusto and a personal blend from Don Alejandro.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:38 PM 01-05-2011
One maduro in the top ten?? Come on man!!!
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:39 PM 01-05-2011
Was waiting for you to notice Mac....
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:41 PM 01-05-2011
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DennisP 06:43 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
One maduro in the top ten?? Come on man!!!
No kidding. One too many. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:46 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by DennisP:
No kidding. One too many. :-)
Watch your mouth!! :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 06:48 PM 01-05-2011
Was very surprised to see the Viaje take the number 2 spot. I heard rumors today that the Oro line was being discontinued. Anyone know if this is in fact truth?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:51 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Was very surprised to see the Viaje take the number 2 spot. I heard rumors today that the Oro line was being discontinued. Anyone know if this is in fact truth?
I hope not...I really LOVE the Reserva. Most "slept on" stick of 2010 IMHO.
[Reply]
warren G. 07:03 PM 01-05-2011
Did you guys look at the Top 25 list at your b&m? I was in a hurry, so I didn't take a good look at it.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:06 PM 01-05-2011
Its up on the CA website.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up