Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje -The Face
Nickerson 03:38 PM 10-02-2010
Saw some people like the boxes? You can score an empty box of the borris or dracs on ebay for like $10.00 shipped. :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 03:58 PM 10-02-2010
Got on a list last night as I forgot about the date, so I don't think my odds are that great. We shall see...
[Reply]
x man 12:42 PM 10-03-2010
I will be getting some, no list where i am going for these.
Get there u get some. But its a certain day.
[Reply]
acarr 07:06 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I don't smoke a lot of NC's, and I never tried the previous years monster series. However, I'm trying to stay up with the current production stuff. So when I saw this thread yesterday I called the shop in Tucson, AZ and got on their list. Not sure where I'm at on the list but I guess I'll know soon enough.
They told me there is no list. You buy a box of other Tatuaje's and you can get a box of The Face.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 08:19 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by acarr:
They told me there is no list. You buy a box of other Tatuaje's and you can get a box of The Face.
When I called, he mentioned if you buy a box you move to the top of the list and are guaranteed a box of the face. Otherwise, he had a list but it was pretty long already and over 1/2 of the boxes were already gone. Pretty much meaning there was no chance to be added to that list at that point in time (I called yesterday).

I don't know, I don't have an issue with what they are doing, I have no doubt he can sell them all to locals who support his shop year round.

The fact that he responded to my email to give him a call was more than what most other shops on the list did. I think I emailed 10-11 and three or so responded.

I know the increase in revenue for the 13 shops is probably nice, but I can only imagine the cons to being one of the 13. Most of these shops are probably not set up for that kind of mail order. Then you have locals who expect to get some as they support the shop, while at the same time you are getting phone calls from people who will probably never buy anything from you again.

The only thing I can say, over the past two years I have had shops sell me some and shops not respond to my emails.

The shops that sold me some I have continued to use to this day, the ones that never responded to my email in most cases I have never bought from them again.

If I owned a shop, I am not sure what I would do. It is a good chance to reward your loyal customers, but it is also a chance to get new customers.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:30 PM 10-03-2010
Got a call back from the chatanooga shop after emailed the owner. He said that there will be an event featuring Pete himself ticket only entry. Attendees get first choice and if you buy a whole box of the face they will take the price of the ticket off. Seriously considering a daytrip right now
[Reply]
njstone 08:53 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I don't smoke a lot of NC's, and I never tried the previous years monster series. However, I'm trying to stay up with the current production stuff. So when I saw this thread yesterday I called the shop in Tucson, AZ and got on their list. Not sure where I'm at on the list but I guess I'll know soon enough.
I understand this completely ... a box of Sig IVs for $202 or a box of something you've never had for about the same price. Although, if you get a chance to smoke a Boris (from last year), take it ... really great cigar, in Pete's top 5 for certain, in my all time top 5 cigars.
[Reply]
klipsch 10:28 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
haters gonna hate.

Walt, sorry but looks like you have been bumped off the list. Who wants Walt's spot?
F*#K YOU HUY!!! :-) Actually...now I'm getting yours too, since you made some threat about balls being cut off??? :-)
[Reply]
DoctaJ 11:39 AM 10-04-2010
How does it work for the non-limited box release? When will those stores be announced? I don't really care for the limited edition box and the trouble to get in on it, I just want a couple singles :-)
[Reply]
Drazzil 01:37 PM 10-04-2010
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a
godd-mn stick this time around. I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.

Tatajuae can take the face and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm out.
[Reply]
HK3- 01:39 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a
godd-mn stick this time around.

Dang, tell us how you really feel. :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 01:45 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by njstone:
I understand this completely ... a box of Sig IVs for $202 or a box of something you've never had for about the same price. Although, if you get a chance to smoke a Boris (from last year), take it ... really great cigar, in Pete's top 5 for certain, in my all time top 5 cigars.
The Boris was a decent cigar but not in the Sig IV league.
[Reply]
klipsch 01:51 PM 10-04-2010
You know what? I bought into Pete's bullsh-t marketing last year. Yes they are good cigars but there are tons of OTHER good cigars out there. I'll be d-mned if I am going to scrabble to have the PRIVILEGE of paying twenty dollars a godd-mn stick this time around.
$20 a stick sounds more like shops are taking advantage of the situation...not Pete. There are plenty of respectable shops that don't gouge their customers. With a total of almost 1970 boxes available...that's no where near the 50-200 box LE's that have been popping up from a number of manufacturers over the past 18 months that I've been smoking. Damn...almost 2000 boxes doesn't even seem like a Limited Edition really.
[Reply]
Brooks W 01:52 PM 10-04-2010
godd-mn stick this time around. I am tired of the hype, and I am tired of shops using their status as a member of the "thirteen" to either mark up the cigars MASSIVELY or make other chickensh-t rules about how people have to "buy another box" of tatajuae to be able to buy a box of face. This is blanket highway robbery. I came REALLY close to boycotting all Tat products (even though I am a HUGE tat whore) the last time this stuff came up. This might be the "face" that broke the camels back this time around.

I would not buy from a store that marks up the cigars price wise just because it is "Rare".

~brooks
[Reply]
marge796 02:29 PM 10-04-2010
I just paid for my dressed box this afternoon at Centro Cigars in Lawrence KS. They're getting 15 dollars a stick. I can't wait!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
danreeve 02:33 PM 10-04-2010
MSRP is 13
[Reply]
marge796 02:38 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by danreeve:
MSRP is 13

I agree, anything over that is on the B&M not Tatuaje. :-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Beagleone 02:40 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by DoctaJ:
How does it work for the non-limited box release? When will those stores be announced? I don't really care for the limited edition box and the trouble to get in on it, I just want a couple singles :-)
Usually, the stores at were select will get a larger than normal number of boxes. For the Face (and others in the monster line), it should be around 50 or so (666 /13= 51.23 boxes) of the Face boxes each. I would guess they would get between 30 and 50 each. They will also have a number of 10 count boxes of the Face to sell to the public. Other retailers will recent a number of the 10 counts, and maybe a few of the limited 666 boxes. According to the website, this will go towards the other 130 retailers. This is based on my observations over this line in the last two years. There is still a chance you local B&M will get a few, however the unlucky 13 will get them first.
[Reply]
DoctaJ 02:45 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
I agree, anything over that is on the B&M not Tatuaje. :-)

Chris.....
Have to account for whatever your state taxes as well
[Reply]
CRIMPS 02:51 PM 10-04-2010

Capitalism, yo! This is considered by many to be a good thing :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up