Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 9
« First < 234 56 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Buried cigars?
T.G 11:48 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Or better yet, one of those survival shelters like in The Road. Also complete with ventilation, bedding, toilet & shower facilities, a few krugerrands and loaded weapons to help withstand the cannibalistic days of the post-apocalypse.
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:10 PM 07-27-2010
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:03 PM 07-27-2010
Ya know, I hate to be the one to inform you of this but gophers have been known to chew through PVC. There have also been unsubstantiated reports of subterranean weasels being attracted to, and attacking PVC. You may want to considered flooding the pipe with a mildly lethal gas to protect against invading varmints.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:16 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Ya know, I hate to be the one to inform you of this but gophers have been known to chew through PVC. There have also been unsubstantiated reports of subterranean weasels being attracted to, and attacking PVC. You may want to considered flooding the pipe with a mildly lethal gas to protect against invading varmints.

And to poison your cigars in case any beavers try to smoke them.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:21 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
And to poison your cigars in case any beavers try to smoke them.
Good point. Forgot about those sneaky beavers. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:25 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

I thought it deserved a picture.
[Reply]
shilala 01:25 PM 07-27-2010
My cat brought me a weasel the day before yesterday. He just ripped the head off and left both parts by the back door.
I'm guessing weasels aren't all that tasty, because he also left me three giant piles of barf.
It makes me believe you have to remove the venom sacs before you eat a weasel.
The next day he brought me a mouse. He's got no stick-to-it-iveness.
Which brings me to the moral of this story...
Never send a weasel to do a ferret's job.

Please fasten your seatbelts, place your seats in the full upright position and return to your regularly scheduled programming.
[Reply]
e-man67 01:28 PM 07-27-2010
Don't listen to these guys..do it and take pictures! :-)

P.S. make sure you make a treasure map or you will never find them..and you have to wear an eye patch too while hunting for them..and say ARRRRR a lot.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:20 PM 07-27-2010
Encode the treasure map and hold a contest for the first one to figure it out.
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 02:30 PM 07-27-2010

Fortunately, beavers, weasels and gophers all have trouble using lighters.
[Reply]
waffle 02:45 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Don't listen to these guys..do it and take pictures! :-)

P.S. make sure you make a treasure map or you will never find them..and you have to wear an eye patch too while hunting for them..and say ARRRRR a lot.
When are we doing this in your backyard??? I'll bring the backhoe!
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 03:17 PM 07-27-2010
Hire this Man:

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote."
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:18 PM 07-27-2010
Am I the only person who thinks 4' is too long? Lets be serious here, how are you going to get the boxes out of a small diameter 4' deep pit?
[Reply]
bobarian 03:35 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Am I the only person who thinks 4' is too long? Lets be serious here, how are you going to get the boxes out of a small diameter 4' deep pit?
You put the cat in first! :-):-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:00 PM 07-27-2010
How many acres do you think DaKlugs would need to get his stash underground? Do you think Tara would cover it?

MCS
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:01 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
A system of pulleys--duh...! :-)

WOOO HOOO, PROJECT #2!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 04:13 PM 07-27-2010
Hydraulics.

For 8" dia. you just need an auger.
With a backhoe you would have the whole root cellar in just as much time.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:30 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Or better yet, one of those survival shelters like in The Road. Also complete with ventilation, bedding, toilet & shower facilities, a few krugerrands and loaded weapons to help withstand the cannibalistic days of the post-apocalypse.
I'm prescient--from today's USA Today:

Doomsday shelters making a comeback

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:59 AM 07-28-2010
Haha, this is so epic!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:00 AM 07-28-2010
Gophers and weasels and squirrels, oh my!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up