Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 54
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
T.G 03:25 PM 06-07-2010
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:26 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by JE3146:
The irony... :-)
What is ironic? I have said from the beginning. If Apple makes it I will buy it.
I don't care if it sucks.
Haters hate.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:27 PM 06-07-2010
So you really think Steve Jobs is the 'genius' that invented this special glass?

Is that the way I'm reading this?
Of course not but he is the man behind producing it for his product.

Oh jee, I donno :-)

I'd say my original concern was pretty darn valid. And then later in the presentation they clarified. Glad you all can feel high and mighty over it at my expense.
Is that your phone?
Anything is possible but that phone looks like it got impacted quite unusually hard with a direct blow to it, almost as if with a hammer.

I can't speak for the one you chose to post.
I can only speak for mine dropped over and over again, tested repeatedly by a 3 year old and not a scratch.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:30 PM 06-07-2010
Burn him! Burn the heretic!

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JE3146 03:30 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Of course not but he is the man behind producing it for his product.

Is that your phone?
Anything is possible but that phone looks like it got impacted quite unusually hard with a direct blow to it, almost as if with a hammer.

I can't speak for the one you chose to post.
I can only speak for mine dropped over and over again, tested repeatedly by a 3 year old and not a scratch.
Read above, I explained it there :-)

I was merely highlighting your post because it in a way dismissed the achievements of those who actually designed the features for this phone (which I will admit is impressive).

So often people think Steve Jobs is the gift from God, when he merely signs the paychecks for those that put him in his spotlight.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:31 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
What is ironic? I have said from the beginning. If Apple makes it I will buy it.
I don't care if it sucks.
Haters hate.
Tony,
All I can assume is I hang out with the wrong crowd.
No matter where I travel to in this country, whenever I get together in a crowd of folks, 9 out of 10 have an iPhone.
That was the case the other day at Doug's. That was the case yesterday in Miami at a very large party at my wife's cousin's place. That was the case at James (Croatan's) place not too long ago in Ft. Worth and on and on.

There are a bunch of us Steve Jobs followers. Man I love that flute he plays.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:34 PM 06-07-2010
So often people think Steve Jobs is the gift from God, when he merely signs the paychecks for those that put him in his spotlight.

I would hope none of the folks I know think that.
I personally do think he is quite a smart innovator and marketer.
That has been proven by his success where so many have failed.
Think about all the computer giants gone under that could not compete against Microsoft for software and IBM for hardware. He is still there and doing awfully well and no doubt his products are unique, regardless of who makes them for him in actuality.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:34 PM 06-07-2010
All I can say is on June 15 I order my first iPhone and I couldn't be more excited about a phone.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:36 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
All I can say is on June 15 I order my first iPhone and I couldn't be more excited about a phone.

I called the wife and broke the news to her.
Told her no nails and hair that week as I need the cash instead.:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:38 PM 06-07-2010
What! Don't you want years of real world experience and testing before you so blindly hand your money over to Steve Jobs! :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 03:39 PM 06-07-2010
What! Don't you want years of real world experience and testing before you so blindly hand your money over to Steve Jobs! :-)
Really...? :-)

Glad you can keep things civil.
[Reply]
sikk50 03:41 PM 06-07-2010
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:44 PM 06-07-2010
Really...? :-)

Glad you can keep things civil.
I'm not the one who came into your thread and peed on your parade. :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:48 PM 06-07-2010
Engadget's first look

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/i...irst-hands-on/
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 03:48 PM 06-07-2010
its hot in here...

long read but insightful : http://gizmodo.com/5555953/fanboyism-and-brand-loyalty

Also, I'm fairly certain theres a threshold to a degree of durability to a product. Every company (not just Apple) does the best it can to spend the least amount of money on a product while selling it for the most profit.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 03:50 PM 06-07-2010
I'm looking forward to June 21st myself. Having just gotten my 3Gs a couple months back I find the upgrade to an iPhone 4 will be pretty unlikely…… but I'm really looking forward to some of the features in OS 4 :-)
[Reply]
poker 03:51 PM 06-07-2010
As far as durability, I admit the iPhone is pretty good. I have had the original, and the 3G.

Dont get me wrong, the glass can break, and it does not require a bad impact either. I had mine in my back pocket one day and sat on a bench on my back patio. Caught the edge of the face of the phone and thats all she wrote. The picture of the shattered glass in the pic above looks mild compared to mine.

The good news is that shattered LCD's and digitizer glass on most all iPhones can all be replaced/repaired.

With that said, I'll be getting the 4 when its released.
[Reply]
JE3146 03:54 PM 06-07-2010
I'm not the one who came into your thread and peed on your parade. :-)
PM sent.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:03 PM 06-07-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
As far as durability, I admit the iPhone is pretty good. I have had the original, and the 3G.

Dont get me wrong, the glass can break, and it does not require a bad impact either. I had mine in my back pocket one day and sat on a bench on my back patio. Caught the edge of the face of the phone and thats all she wrote. The picture of the shattered glass in the pic above looks mild compared to mine.

The good news is that shattered LCD's and digitizer glass on most all iPhones can all be replaced/repaired.

With that said, I'll be getting the 4 when its released.
Kelly,
You just reminded me of a funny story in my life.
I am a gadget freak and when cell phones came out, I had one of the first ones in the car, then the portable briefcase, then that Motorola brick and then things got sweet as technology went, we got the Motorola Flip Phone in our lives.

I had every generation of the Flip Phone but the first one is the one you reminded me of. I walked into the AT&T store with the phone in about 25 pieces and dropped it on the counter and told them the phone stunk. It just fell apart from normal use. The jerk that was with me then started laughing and then the employee realized I was just kidding. I actually dropped the phone on the ground, it survived that impact but apparently it was poorly made as it didn't tolerate the tires going over it as I backed up my car.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:11 PM 06-07-2010
PM sent.
PM returned.

Now back to the iphone.

I know Carlos said 16G for him. I never thought I would need more, but I am seriously considering the 32G.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 54
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up