Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
General Discussion>iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards
Mugen910 10:21 AM 04-08-2010
Well if Palm gets bought out soon maybe their webOS will get a nice face lift.
systm 10:29 AM 04-08-2010
I've read reports that it's a futile effort to give a terminally ill company a remodel..
No one is going to buy Palm when they can hire the people after it crumbles and license the IPs
replicant_argent 10:35 AM 04-08-2010
apply all the bashing back and forth as CC v. NC, Fuente v. Pepin, Zaya v. Zacapa, Pepsi v. Coke.

Like what you do, do what you like. Rabid sniping over platforms is masturbatory flagellation for a largely subjective thing. Things are worth what you get out of it. I like my HTC because it is the only one of its color, so piss off. :-)
King James 10:48 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I'd love to hear what you can do on your iPhone that cannot be done on a Droid/BB that would make you so loyal?
I have a droid, but there are things that the iPhone does that my droid can't.

It has a far superior app store for one. Also, since I use itunes and mobileme and have 2 Macs, the seamless syncing between the devices would be much smoother, some things (like access to my iDisk) I can't do at all on my Droid.

Something I like that my droid does that an iphone couldn't would be complete a call or have 3G since ATT blows
Mugen910 10:53 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
I have a droid, but there are things that the iPhone does that my droid can't.

It has a far superior app store for one. Also, since I use itunes and mobileme and have 2 Macs, the seamless syncing between the devices would be much smoother, some things (like access to my iDisk) I can't do at all on my Droid.

Something I like that my droid does that an iphone couldn't would be complete a call or have 3G since ATT blows
I think the market app store for android is very good. I can find every app I need and usually free.

I guess if you're a mac user the itunes would matter..but I just pop my 16 gig card out of my G-1 and into my PC and easily transfer files.
King James 11:02 AM 04-08-2010
I think the market app store for android is very good. I can find every app I need and usually free.

I guess if you're a mac user the itunes would matter..but I just pop my 16 gig card out of my G-1 and into my PC and easily transfer files.
Which is why an iPhone for you may not be the right answer :-)

But come on, I'm not saying the Android market is crap, but there is no way you can honestly say its on par with apple. Not only in its number of apps, but how you can search, update, etc
CigarNut 11:28 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by cricky101:
I've tried the Droid and had a Blackberry for a while but they don't compare to what I can do with my iPhone 3gs (it's the only Apple product I've ever tried). It would be tough for me to go back to using another smart phone at this point.
:-)
mithrilG60 11:42 AM 04-08-2010
So is anyone else following the iPhone 4.0 sneak peak? Live right now :-)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/l...est&refresh=60

Biggest announcements so far:

1) Multitasking (FINALLY)

- including the ability for background music, phone, VoIP and location services

2) Folders for App organization.

3) Enhanced email

- support for integrated inbox
- multiple Exchange accounts
- open attachements directly from email with apps from app store

4) iBooks

5) Enterprise features

- better data security
- mobile device management (this sounds like a BES-like feature of remotely disabling devices)
- wireless app distribution
- Exchange 2010 and SSL VPN support
- looks like Apple is finally starting to make very aggressive steps into the enterprise market, as I mentioned before, RIM needs to innovate or the pressure from iPhone and Droid will remove them from their core business

6) More and better gaming

7) iAd - mobile advertising

- great more ads, more a end user perspective this is not exciting at all :-)
mosesbotbol 11:49 AM 04-08-2010
My original plan was to wait for the iPhone 4.0 to come out and then replace my current phone, but now I am in a situation as I can't sync the phone as like most really need the phone to its fullest capacity. I don't want to spend $200 for 3 months, in order to spend it again on an iPhone 4.0.

On top of it all, I think AT&T is just too expensive.

After my exprience over the last couple of weeks, the iPhone has lefta bad note with me. The only thing that could win me over is if AT&T gives me a free iPhone once I say I am leaving, but that'll never happen.

How easy is to port your telephone number from one carrier to the next?
King James 11:56 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Quick and painless when i switched from ATT to Verizon years ago. I wouldn't see it getting more difficult so should be a breeze, they did it automatically for me @ Verizon when i switched :-)
aich75013 11:57 AM 04-08-2010
As long as you are out of contract, easy.
I was told that I could port my number while still in contract (just keep paying the remainder of my contract) when I left Sprint, but found out that was untrue. I fought with Sprint as they cancelled my contract and tried to charge me for breaking my contract, even though it was their own reps that said I could do it.
Mugen910 12:07 PM 04-08-2010
Which is why an iPhone for you may not be the right answer :-)

But come on, I'm not saying the Android market is crap, but there is no way you can honestly say its on par with apple. Not only in its number of apps, but how you can search, update, etc
I'm not sure what you mean? I can search for apps and update the current apps I have. I don't know about numbers but I cannot honestly say that having more apps means they are better.

The only thing you have to know is not to cancel your current plan. Let your new provider do the number porting first.
mithrilG60 12:08 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
1) Multitasking (FINALLY)

- including the ability for background music, phone, VoIP and location services
This one apparently will work only on iPhone 3Gs, iTouch 3rd gen and iPad.
King James 12:19 PM 04-08-2010
I'm not sure what you mean? I can search for apps and update the current apps I have. I don't know about numbers but I cannot honestly say that having more apps means they are better.
I never said more is better. But with more comes better quality, more variety, etc.

And you don't have a format like itunes (not just on the device) that is anywhere near as good for searching and reviewing/previewing.

And what about an "update all" button? really bugs me the droid doesn't have that
Mugen910 12:22 PM 04-08-2010
I never said more is better. But with more comes better quality, more variety, etc.

And you don't have a format like itunes (not just on the device) that is anywhere near as good for searching and reviewing/previewing.

And what about an "update all" button? really bugs me the droid doesn't have that
Doesn't the Droid have a notification of your apps most recent updates?
King James 12:23 PM 04-08-2010
Doesn't the Droid have a notification of your apps most recent updates?
yah, and then you get to update them all individually
Mugen910 12:25 PM 04-08-2010
yah, and then you get to update them all individually
ah ok...I guess I'm just one to like updating specific apps.
shilala 12:48 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
This one apparently will work only on iPhone 3Gs, iTouch 3rd gen and iPad.
It's not gonna hit ipad till Fall. It's nice that it's come around. Changes pretty much everything to a good end. :-)
mosesbotbol 12:53 PM 04-08-2010
Just went to T-Mobile, my phone choices are:

Mytouch
G1
HTC HD2
Samsung Behold 2
Motorola Cliq

Are there the expert opinions on these?
D_A 01:03 PM 04-08-2010
Just went to T-Mobile, my phone choices are:

Mytouch
G1
HTC HD2
Samsung Behold 2
Motorola Cliq

Are there the expert opinions on these?
Don't really know anything about those phones, but did see in the news recently where t-mobile was paying people with iphones to switch to a hd2
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10472925-1.html
I didn't really read any of the details or fine print, I'll leave that up to you :-)
Page 4 of 16
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up