Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>Backordering Diesel Cigars
Kreth 10:16 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
Cigarbid has some Diesel boxes available. I don't know if the quickbuy price is still applicable since there are already bids, but this is a good deal.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=857657
I believe QB is good up until the next bid would be higher than the QB price. I'd jump on this if I had the cash. It's 2/3 of the way to retail with 3 days left. I guarantee some morons will bid this over retail. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
neoflex 10:24 PM 02-21-2010
These tend to go over retail as I have been watching them and the people that have been saving the most money on them are the ones doing the quick buy option. Cigar Bid is notorious for going over retail but some of the lots I have been watching lately have been ridiculous. I guess it's been a blessing that I have not been able to score any deals over there lately. If going the C-Bid route I would just do the Buy it now price as that is still almost $13 savings.:-)
[Reply]
Goldie 11:33 PM 02-21-2010
I have seen some go over retail which is foolish to say the least. Especially whenever CB has an Anejo or an Opus.

As far as this price, $87.50 is pretty good. And if the Colibri cutter from CI doesn't mean anything to you, it makes sense to go this route.
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:26 AM 02-22-2010
Jump on it. I just paid $100 from CI!
[Reply]
bscottskangum 02:24 PM 02-22-2010
BTW, my box was sitting on the porch when I got home today... I have it sitting out in the living room to admire it's beauty.
[Reply]
issues 02:27 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by bscottskangum:
BTW, my box was sitting on the porch when I got home today... I have it sitting out in the living room to admire it's beauty.
It is a thing of beauty isn't it?

The sticks wrapped in burlap inside look pretty sweet as well! :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 03:28 PM 02-22-2010
Quit it people!! Mine won't be here till Wed.!
[Reply]
poriggity 08:19 PM 02-22-2010
For those of you considering jumping on the qb price on CBid.. DO IT. I paid $100 shipped for my box from cigar.com..

Scott
[Reply]
marge796 07:45 PM 02-23-2010
Got mine today. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to smoke one though then the rest will be forgotten about for awhile.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
maninblack 05:28 PM 02-24-2010
Finally got mine today. love the packaging and can't wait to light one up!
[Reply]
captain53 06:04 PM 02-24-2010
Picked up 10 on Joe's Jam in the middle last night while I could not sleep for $29.99 Free Shipping.:-) Probably should have bought 20 but I have never tried them so just testing.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:28 PM 02-24-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Might be worth a box purchase. It's a toss-up between these and the Reposados. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Go With The Diesels, Jeff! I've Had Both And "No Comparison"!:-)
[Reply]
eber 09:00 PM 02-24-2010
mine should be arriving tomorrow, cant wait to try one of them
[Reply]
njstone 10:48 PM 02-24-2010
I had my first one a couple days ago, urged on by this thread.

The construction was impeccable--perfect draw, perfect burn, and the ash held for over 1/2 the stick (ashed only the once). The flavors were good, but the stick needs more rest for the flavors to coalesce and smooth out, imvho. I think that with some rest these could be VERY good cigars for the money. I'm glad I got a 10-er.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:37 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Go With The Diesels, Jeff! I've Had Both And "No Comparison"!:-)
I dunno. I prefer the Diesel, but the Reposados are pretty damn tasty too. Plus you get 40 for the same price as 30 Diesels.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
longknocker 11:50 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I dunno. I prefer the Diesel, but the Reposados are pretty damn tasty too. Plus you get 40 for the same price as 30 Diesels.
Posted via Mobile Device
True, But There Is A Big Difference, IMO. Which Reposado do you prefer?
[Reply]
Kreth 11:56 AM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
True, But There Is A Big Difference, IMO. Which Reposado do you prefer?
I've only tried the habano. I haven't had a chance to try the maddie yet, and I'm not a big connie fan, so I probably won't bother with those.
Decisions, decisions. The Diesels are great, but those Reposados would be great golf smokes. They last forever. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
eber 02:01 PM 02-25-2010
got mine today and they look nice :-) however the cutter is not that great, the blades are sloppy and dont make a clean cut. has anyone else tried the cutter? I am not complaining for $1 though
[Reply]
Gary 03:42 PM 02-25-2010
I seem to have gotten a clean cut. :-)

Originally Posted by eber:
got mine today and they look nice :-) however the cutter is not that great, the blades are sloppy and dont make a clean cut. has anyone else tried the cutter? I am not complaining for $1 though

[Reply]
Razorhog 05:13 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by eber:
Hmm. A bad cutter is a bad cutter. At least it only cost $1. Might as well chunk it - no use risking harm done to a beautiful smoke :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up