Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Good Eats>The new Dominos Pizza
mariogolbee 04:35 PM 03-07-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
But how long did it take you to find the coke there?
Did you even manage to find it?
:-)
:-):-)
Still couldn't find the damned Coke! :-) West Coast didn't have any Mexican Coke the last time I was in by the way. Perhaps my sickness is spreading. (Jerk.)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:48 AM 03-08-2010
Extra Large Peperoni with Banana Peppers is our default order. I can see Dominos from my house and the independent pizza makers in MA just suck.

The only pizza redemption in MA, is in S.E. MA and Cape where everyone has Linguica as a topping!
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:52 AM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by andrew:
I'd like to add, I miss little caesars.
Was assistant mgr at Little Caesars back in the day. They used to have okay pizza when they had the square Pizza Pizza (buy one get one free) to compete with Domino's 30 mins or less campaign. Sometime in the 90's they stopped the free pizza pizza thing and changed their entire pizza to a cheaper round version.

Around here, we still have a few but they have been reduced to walk in stores with pre-made pizzas for 5 bucks a piece.

HORRIBLE STUFF!
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:59 AM 03-08-2010
Yeah, the pre-made pizza's aren't very good, but I can stomach them. I mean $5 is a good deal. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:42 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Bottom line, there are no rules. Just success and failure. I think this will be a success.
I don't mind saying that it looks like I was right. I said, sure this is a stupid concept, but there are stupid concepts and stupid concepts that work. Up 40% in sales last I checked (month or so back) and heading straight up? But then again, I am in advertising.
[Reply]
OLS 01:49 PM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Tredegar:
Plus the ones we had were very greasy.
Haha, dude if your pizza had contained fat free pepperoni, sausage and bacon you would have complained that it tasted like $hit. Grease is a by product of broiled meats, :-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:52 PM 04-14-2010
The crust is as they advertised both buttery and garlicy. Probably from chemicals.
[Reply]
fxpose 02:07 PM 04-14-2010
To compete with the numerous pizzerias close to where I live, I started construction of my own outdoor WFO (wood fired brick pizza oven) out in the patio.
[Reply]
OLS 02:19 PM 04-14-2010
That'll show em.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:06 PM 04-25-2010
Happened to be on the far side of town where the only Domino's in the area is located, and happened to have a coupon for a $6.99 large 1-topping pizza with me, so I ducked in and picked up a thin crust, half pepperoni, half-extra cheese.

Not bad for what it is - although I did screw up, I meant to order a Brooklyn crust, not a thin crust. Oh well, less carbs for my fat azz this way.

For the regular price of $12.99, I would not have bought it, too many good local places to choose from (Steve's, Woodstock, etc.) where I can get really, really good pizza for about that much or a bit more, but for $6.99, I don't regret it, and I'll probably be back again next time I have a good coupon because I really wanted to try the NY crust... LOL.
[Reply]
itzfrank 02:43 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Happened to be on the far side of town where the only Domino's in the area is located, and happened to have a coupon for a $6.99 large 1-topping pizza with me, so I ducked in and picked up a thin crust, half pepperoni, half-extra cheese.

Not bad for what it is - although I did screw up, I meant to order a Brooklyn crust, not a thin crust. Oh well, less carbs for my fat azz this way.

For the regular price of $12.99, I would not have bought it, too many good local places to choose from (Steve's, Woodstock, etc.) where I can get really, really good pizza for about that much or a bit more, but for $6.99, I don't regret it, and I'll probably be back again next time I have a good coupon because I really wanted to try the NY crust... LOL.

Hmm... Steve's Pizza? You wouldn't happen to be from Miami would you? There's a Steve's Pizza here that has basically become a Cultural Icon down here.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:41 PM 05-01-2010
I will always look for a local before ordering from a chain. I would rather keep the money local and the quality is usually better.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:00 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by itzfrank:
Hmm... Steve's Pizza? You wouldn't happen to be from Miami would you? There's a Steve's Pizza here that has basically become a Cultural Icon down here.
Nope, and I'm fairly certain it's a different "Steve".

http://www.stevespizza.com/
[Reply]
OLS 06:38 AM 05-24-2011
I am not sure the commercial qualifies as bad marketing. You would be surprised what passes
for "rules" in advertising. Bottom line, there are no rules. Just success and failure. I think this will be a success.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/How-Do...08535.html?x=0

All this may be surprising for a company whose product has been regarded by many consumers as not all that indistinguishable
from the cardboard box in which it arrived. Confronted with evidence that customers too frequently found its product to be subpar,
Domino's didn't try to spin, or change the subject, or make subtle adjustments. Rather, in a calculated and risky strategy, the company
embarked on a campaign to confront the image head-on. It's rare for large publicly held companies to craft advertising and marketing
plans that come across like Maoist self-criticism. But that's what Domino's did.

HA, told ya. I know the advertising business.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:49 AM 05-24-2011
I used to love Domino's, but since they changed, I can't even choke it down. The crust is gooey and pasty and the sauce is sickly sweet and they STILL don't have anchovies.
[Reply]
xlc12rf 07:27 AM 05-24-2011
I'm surprised how many people order form chains. I NEVER get pizza from there. Though I have the privilege of ordering form Pepe's. Mmmm real wooster st. apizza.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:34 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Extra Large Peperoni with Banana Peppers is our default order. I can see Dominos from my house and the independent pizza makers in MA just suck.

The only pizza redemption in MA, is in S.E. MA and Cape where everyone has Linguica as a topping!
I don't know, the Mom & Pop in my neighborhood rocks, but the best I've ever had is from Bertucci's.
[Reply]
OLS 08:05 AM 05-24-2011
GUYS!! You misunderstood. This is not about pizza....it's about me being RIGHT! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:06 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I used to love Domino's, but since they changed, I can't even choke it down. The crust is gooey and pasty and the sauce is sickly sweet and they STILL don't have anchovies.
You are definitely in the minority, bro.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/menu-inno...domino-s-pizza

I think they are finally eatable. Not great but doable. Before, they were nothing but cardboard, tomato paste and petroleum based cheese. :-)

People order from chains because it's cheaper. That, and there may be no good independent shops in their area. There has never been a good shop where I live until a few years ago when a couple Paisans moved here and started an amazing authentic NY pizza joint.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:06 AM 05-24-2011
GUYS!! You misunderstood. This is not about pizza....it's about me being RIGHT! :-)
Try not to strain your arm patting yourself on the back, Brad. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up