Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>The biggest waste of money cigar for 2009
MiamiE 10:31 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Please try an ESV 91 connie...I agree on the rest of the Perdomos.
Ill have to try it. Everything else is garbage, IMO.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:33 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
The old blend or the new Pepin blend that came out late in 2009?
Old blend.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:33 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
It's times like this I'm glad I'm poor - I have never wasted money on over-hyped crap, because I just don't have money to waste.
:-):-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:39 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Anything Perdomo let me down this past year. Tastes like grass.

have you had the Habano maduro? I think it's wonderful!
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:18 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Anything Perdomo let me down this past year. Tastes like grass.
Really. You might check your humidification, as grass is seldom an adjective used to describe Nicaraguan tobacco.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 11:30 AM 01-08-2010
Opus X. Massively over-hyped, nothing more than a "meh" smoke with a great marketing machine.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 12:18 PM 01-08-2010
I am going to have to say the entirety of the Arturo Fuente lines...every year, I give the Opus a couple of chances...I remember them from 2001-2003 and absolutely LOVING them...now they suck more than Tiger Woods at keeping things secret...The Anejo still tastes like a charcoal briquet...and damned do I miss the good days of the Don Carlos line! The whole Chateau series puts me too sleep....I guess I do not like the Fuente stuff anymore...perhaps my taste buds have moved on...
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:00 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I am going to have to say the entirety of the Arturo Fuente lines...
:-) Remind me not to shop at your B&M. :-)
[Reply]
lopro 01:19 PM 01-08-2010
Nub Connie

(or is that older than 2009 -- I'm n00b)
[Reply]
eber 01:20 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
have you had the Habano maduro? I think it's wonderful!
I really enjoyed these as well especially the torps
[Reply]
Caymus 11:14 PM 01-09-2010
Hesitant to admit....but I had a Tatuaje Cojonu I'd been saving on New Year's Eve, and I just didn't get it....found it to be boring. Could have been the atmosphere, or what I was drinking...but I was disappointed.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:54 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by BryanB:
I might get beat over this one but Cains. Habano or Maduro. I thought they both sucked.

Same here. Bigger joke than Nubs.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:55 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by eber:
I really enjoyed these as well especially the torps
That was the First box i bought from a B&M. Loved every minute of them! Got them right before SCHIP hit and they sold me a box for a C-note... That's cheap considering at the time CI sold them for the same price! :-)
[Reply]
PuffdaMagic 09:05 AM 01-10-2010
G3 Gurkha...Didnt like the taste from the start to end
[Reply]
bobarian 10:26 AM 01-10-2010
Never wasted money on a cigar. Even when I bought a bad one the money was well spent learning I would never buy another and that I could pass on that knowledge to my friends. Bought at 3 pack of White Owl Peach, and to see the expression on Huy's face as he smoked it was priceless!
[Reply]
cf2112 10:55 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I am going to have to say the entirety of the Arturo Fuente lines...every year, I give the Opus a couple of chances...I remember them from 2001-2003 and absolutely LOVING them...now they suck more than Tiger Woods at keeping things secret...The Anejo still tastes like a charcoal briquet...and damned do I miss the good days of the Don Carlos line! The whole Chateau series puts me too sleep....I guess I do not like the Fuente stuff anymore...perhaps my taste buds have moved on...
I used to smoke a lot of Fuente stuff but as my tastes changed and I tried other cigars I found I do not like Dominican tobacco as a general rule. I still like an aged WOAM & Anejo 46 & 77.

My biggest disappointments have been any Tat, major hype little substance. I love Nic tobacco but these just don't do it for me. I did have a El Triunfador that was good but the others left me thinking.
[Reply]
bookman 11:10 AM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
That odd, I love the Wavell maddies.
Me too. One of my all tiem favorites, and about $4 a stick, too.
[Reply]
AliBubba 12:32 PM 01-10-2010
I dont go for the new hot sticks any more. I wander around the stuff that has a good following.

I land on one, smoke a box or two, then move onto something else, smoke a box or two.

The most overrated thing I smoked was a freebie. I got an MX2 from the rep. Eh. Nothing to get worked up over.

Something I did like but is way over priced was the Zin Scepter series.

They were nice sitting a relaxing with a beer or bourbon cigars but priced like they were celebration cigars.
[Reply]
klipsch 01:28 PM 01-11-2010
Every Cain I smoked (3 different ones), the Drac & Liga T52.

I've only been smoking since Dec 2008, so everything was new for me in 2009. That's a short list for as many cigars as I smoked. OH...and an OR Opus RdC at a charity herf in Kingston, NY last summer. Amazing herf!!! (major kudos to the crew at Uptown Cigar, and all who pitched in) But all of the Opus OR's turned out to be fakes. Good thing...cause I wasn't impressed... :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 01:35 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
El Triunfador
For realz? I've been wanting badly to try one of the lanceros. Now you done gone and busted my bubble.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up